The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Molloy's Ring to Wallet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jasonm921
View Profile
New user
NYC
86 Posts

Profile of Jasonm921
I saw the demo on hocus-pocus. Its an expensive trick just wanted to know if anybody as seen it or used it and can offer some feedback. Smile
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1108 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
It's superb. Doug sent me the props and they are top rate. Everything is included. I have seen Doug FRY people with this routine. The thing that surprised me is that it gets a SIGNIFICANTLY stronger reaction than the signed card to envelope. STRONGLY recommended!

Tim Trono
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5269 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Expensive? Maybe, but I don’t think so. A good quality LePaul/ Balducci wallet can cost over $100.00. The wallet that is being provided looks like the old Supreme Super Zippered Wallet (no longer being made), which in the 60’s cost up to $80.00!!! You could probably find a suitable LePaul style wallet today for under $100.00. So I guess you could find all the individual props for around $100.00. But then you would just have the props.

Let’s see, you get all the individual props, including the appropriate wallet, the “Check to Dollar trick”, the laminated bill (which is a joke in the routine and gets a soft laugh), and the velvet cord. Then you get a tested routine including the necessary instructions (moves) for the ring off string routine (two nice moves melded into a strong routine which could be and has been a stand-alone bit). Plus you get the scrip, an instructional video, AND performance rights.

I don’t know, I am thinking that $180.00 is not all that much!

The routine is well thought out (typical for Malloy) and takes a routine ring off string trick and turns it in strong, visual magic. You can close your close-up show with this effect. This plays big enough for most small venue (comedy club/parlor/bar) type of act.

There is a reset that takes some degree of privacy and is not instant that makes it less than “instant” for a walk around gig. Still, with a bit of management, it is a good walk around effect.

So basically what you have is five minutes of good, visual, fun magic carried in your pocket! Is that worth $180.00?
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Jasonm921
View Profile
New user
NYC
86 Posts

Profile of Jasonm921
Well said Mr. Murphy........Thanks for the input. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Molloy's Ring to Wallet (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL