The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Giveaways (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hkmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Colombia
108 Posts

Profile of hkmagic
Hi, I'm looking for examples for give aways to give in the performances, I've been working with effects from the magic sets, any other Ideas?. Thanks.
"May the Magic be with you"
Jon Gallagher
View Profile
Veteran user
Elmwood, Illinois
395 Posts

Profile of Jon Gallagher
At my school shows, where I do an anti-drug show, I give away 4 x 6 cards with an optical illusion at the top, a review of the anti-drug message in the middle, and my booking information at the bottom. The kids each get one and I've booked quite a few shows from that.

The other thing might be a small book, printed on half of an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet, bound somehow, that teaches simple magic tricks that the kids can do. Of course, your name would be prominently displayed with contact info.

Both are cheap to produce, tax deductable, a keeper item, and good for business.
www.jongallagher.com

Hey! I'm finally a Dot Com!
Richard Landry
View Profile
New user
Chatham, Illinois
18 Posts

Profile of Richard Landry
I hand out the large mystery dollar that has 5 magic tricks on the back and my picture and info on the front. You can get a template from Eric Paul and then add your own info to it.
Richard Smile
hkmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Colombia
108 Posts

Profile of hkmagic
Richard, when you say Eric Paul, where can I find him? Thanks.
"May the Magic be with you"
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Give aways are a great source of marketing and getting your name out to potential customers. It can also be done with little money down if you start to think creatively.

I will try and list some of the items I have used in my performances in hopes it may give you some ideas as well.

Coloring flyers: These are easy to make and have your logo, name and contact information on the bottom. You can easily find line art on line of wizards or things that are magical. Just make sure there is no copyright problems with using them. Clip art web sites may be a good source for locating an artwork that could work for you. I am a designer, so I designed my own coloring flyer to be a sillouette of my wife and I. It helps brand us better and keeps our name and brand message in their minds when they put it up at work or at home.

Magnets: The easiest form of magnet to make is to buy business card magnets. You can get this at most any office supply store. They have an adhesive side that your business card can stick to. They look good, are not pricey and allows your contact information to be seen every time they go to the fridge.

Assistant Helper Certificates: These are certificates that are made to be given out to the kids that help you at a performance. It has a place for them to put their name and states the magic could not have happened without their help. It also has your name and contact information on the bottom. Kids love these and parents tend to frame them at home. I designed my own, it is easy to do as most applications now come with a certificate making feature.

These are just a few items that I use myself that have worked great as handouts. They keep your name fresh in the people's minds and help to land future work.

I can be reached directly at magic4u02@aol.com for any comments or suggestions. Thanks.
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Andini
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, OH
685 Posts

Profile of Andini
hk, I'm working on publishing a booklet on my routines used in Children's Magic. However, the second section of the booklet contains two give aways (in detail) that I have used in the past many times. I'll let all you guys know when it gets published. I'm having a little trouble now tracking down sources so I'm not sure when it will be available. Smile

-Andini
denny_Corby
View Profile
Loyal user
PA
240 Posts

Profile of denny_Corby
What about the xeroxed deck paper? Either make your own with your business cards on them or just staple them on.
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Denny:

I am not sure what you are referring to. Could you elborate on this for us as to what exactly you mean?

If you're making a flyer to hang up some place or to give out with your business cards on them, stapling them is not the way to go.

Stapling your card looks sloppy and leaves tear marks in the card, thus destroying some of your contact information and causing problems for people when they try to place your business card in a rolodex.

If you're going to use your card with a flyer of some sort, what I often do is tape an envelope to the bottom of the flyer and place my business cards in there. Then just print on the envelope, please take one. This looks more professional and is easier for the customer. It also prevents the customer from tearing or ruining your flyer when they go to grab a card off.

I am not sure if this is what you are referring to, and I apologize if you were thinking of something different.

At any rate, I hope this information is helpful to you all. Always make every promotional piece as professional as you can because your promo pieces are an extension of yourself and your show.
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Giveaways (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL