The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Viking Nest of Boxes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DerZauberer
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
468 Posts

Profile of DerZauberer
I have acquired the Viking Nest of Boxes but I do not have instructions or a routine.

The gimmick is simple enough to learn, but I need to know how one would get the spectators borrowed object from point A to Point B undetected? I considered a Devils Handkerchief or Change Bag but not sure if this can be done clean.

I also noticed that the gimmicks “talk” when using. Is there any way around this?

Any input would be appreciated.
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1226 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
Which Viking set do you have - the Himber? I have the Viking-Himber set as well and can provide copy or original instructions (although they aren't great and you will have to work out your own blocking, talking issues, tec.) More of a collector's peice than a working piece in my opinion).

Marc
Rudy
View Profile
Veteran user
Maryland
360 Posts

Profile of Rudy
You might want to get in touch with George at Viking/Collectors Workshop.

http://www.vikingmagic.com

Tell George what you have mentioned above, he might be able to get you what you need. He has helped me out with a few things in the past before, like last week I needed some instructions for something I bought but did not get the instructions for, I told George and he sent me the instructions. George is reallyh a great guy and is always helping others.

Rudy
DerZauberer
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
468 Posts

Profile of DerZauberer
I emailed George Robinson today with the same questions I posed in this thread. I am hopeful to get a response. I would like to implement this effect into my mentalism routine.

Much thanks to those that responded.
DerZauberer
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
468 Posts

Profile of DerZauberer
George Robinson emailed me the original instructions and offered any advice I may need. I feel very fortunate to have such a fine prop in my possession and to have gotten such swift assistance.

Thank you all!
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1911 Posts

Profile of chmara
George is exceptional that way. He stands behind props he sells.

Now if he could only keep everything in stock -- but I do not know of anyone (outside Copperfield's warehouse) that can do that.
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
dragonash
View Profile
Veteran user
the sticks
380 Posts

Profile of dragonash
Quote:
On 2008-03-10 22:08, DerZauberer wrote:
George Robinson emailed me the original instructions and offered any advice I may need.

would you mind sharing some of the suggestions he made? I am interested, if no one else.
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1226 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
Yes, please. I onw the Himber set as well, and rather than pester George with the same question, I'd be greatful for additional suggestions. so far the prop has sat on my shelf -- a wonderful collectable, to be sure -- as I've been afraid to try it.

Also, fewer people are wearing watches these days (cell phones again) so I'm wondering what other objects people have used for the effect.

Marc the Magic Man (mcharisse@aol.com)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Viking Nest of Boxes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL