The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Don't do this! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Wizzo the wizard
View Profile
Veteran user
327 Posts

Profile of Wizzo the wizard
I had a chat with a mother yesterday and she said that she saw me at the weekend and like the way all the children sat and watched the show from little ones 3 up to about 10yrs. And how they were all entertained. She said that she was impressed with the way I did the show. She then said that she just wants a children's entertainer. I replied do you just want a children's entertainer, or would you like Wizzo The Wizard. She laughed and then I told her my price ( she wasn't laughing anymore) and then the pause. It makes me laugh. They say how much they like the show and how good I held the attention of all the children. Yet when you say the price some of them freeze as if you have said something horrible. You pays your money and you take your choice!
Louis
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1867 Posts

Profile of kenscott
A friend quoted a fee to a lady one time of 350.00 and then asked what he would do for 75.00? and he said " I will call your on phone and wish him a Happy Birthday."

ken
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Quote:
On 2008-03-12 15:53, kenscott wrote:
A friend quoted a fee to a lady one time of 350.00 and then asked what he would do for 75.00? and he said " I will call your on phone and wish him a Happy Birthday."

ken

Good answer!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
Bradley Roberts
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas
413 Posts

Profile of Bradley Roberts
That made me laugh Ken! I would so love to say that next time. I know I could never get the nerve to say it.

B-Rad
B-Rad "The Kids Magician"
Brad Kids Magic Website
"A child's smile is one of life's greatest blessings."
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1114 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Quote:

ken

I would even call them COLLECT! LOL

MJ
Bill Scott
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas, NV
119 Posts

Profile of Bill Scott
Come on B-Rad... we know you could do it (with a big smile and a laugh)!!!
Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
Quote:

ken

Ken,

That quote made my day! I may have to use that sometime!
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
kimmo
View Profile
Inner circle
Sheffield
1193 Posts

Profile of kimmo
Ken - I'll be using that one myself!!
VISIT MY ONLINE STORE!: www.kimmomagicshop.com
NEW LECTURE NOTES - SHOW US YOUR TRIX NOW AVAILABLE AS AN INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOAD!

Kimmo DVD available Now!
Watch the promo here!
Order your copy NOW! CLICK HERE!

ENTERTAINER,MAGICIAN AND VENTRILOQUIST'S BLOG - DON'T READ THIS...
HowaboutBob
View Profile
New user
south of atlanta
54 Posts

Profile of HowaboutBob
Found out for 40 bucks she got the big arm chopper, sword thru neck, and a table levitation with the kid. Great stuff for 7 year old girls. Maybe not!

Can you imagine hauling all that around for 40 bucks.
Yep it's got me ticked off a little.

Let it go.....

Bob
ERIC
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1188 Posts

Profile of ERIC
Three things to consider

1. Did they get a MAGIC show or just see tricks (no doubt exposed due to poor performance)

2. You get what you pay for

3. Your better than that.

There is only two ways that would be me. Family or charity and the $40. just is to cover my expences. Like you said, LET IT GO...
wizardofsorts
View Profile
Special user
Chicago, IL
935 Posts

Profile of wizardofsorts
I had a woman on the phone and she was planning a larger event. We were laughing and swapping stories about her venue (Montessori school). We had talked about prices and we were out of her price range. So, I ask her, what is your budget, and jokingly she said, $4. I said I would mail her an inflated balloon for that amount. She laughed and we did come to an agreement that was good for both of us. I was just nice to have someone on the phone that 1. understood why we charge what we charge and 2. had a sense of humor.

Edd
Edd Fairman, Wizard of Sorts is a corporate magician available for your next trade show, hospitality suite, client luncheon, or company event. http://www.wizardofsorts.com
ERIC
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1188 Posts

Profile of ERIC
What I get a kick out of is when they say "How much? But it's just a bunch of children!" to which I usually ask when was the last time they tried to get 25-30 kids to sit still for an hour without loosing interest? That, along with my gaurantee usually will tip the scales in my favor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Don't do this! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL