The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Replace or repair a broken linking ring (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
My feeling is with any skills at all, locking is totally unnecessary.

There are techniques of you want to hand out a "ring" as you know,
don't run when you're not being chased.

And locks can make your handling unnecessarily bothersome as well.

My advice is stick to a standard set,
and bug Owen a bit till you get a hold of them <grin>
they sometimes not fast about return calls...

Magically,
Walt
Darren Kidby
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
291 Posts

Profile of Darren Kidby
Arn't the Owens 10" rings hollow?

Darren...
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
Yes the Owen 10" are hollow. The locking ring is not necessary but it does open for a few convincing presentations. I have owned a set of Owen 12" for a couple years and only last month bought the locking ring for a special routine and presentation. Part of it was just the completeness of the Owen set as one never knows when Owen will quit making these. I know of a few pros with the whole Owen set but have never known anyone that actually uses the locker in a routine. The locker is a bit knacky to do typical ring moves with and it is pricey at over $200 for just that ring.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Quote:
On 2008-03-15 00:44, Hansel wrote:
Hi Frank:
The point in your post that I refuse is "It sounds like you're giving advice without ever owning a set of rings"...i have 3 set of rings,for ME they don't have my "dream specifications", but in case that I don't have ANY set of rings this don't FORBIDDEN AN OPINION. My dreams specifications:Good material,Good sound,Nice size...now in the IBM/SAM comb.convention I'm search this type of rings...Good Luck!
Thanks,
Hansel!

Ok, I guess I misunderstood. I was under the impression that you did not own any linking rings because you also wrote...

Quote:
I don't know, right now I don't have any set of linking rings

As you can probably understand, it's hard for people to tell if you are giving advice based on having 3 sets of rings or 0 sets of rings.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
marty.sasaki
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of marty.sasaki
I really like my Pro-LIne rings, they look and sound great, and the price is good. They make a locking ring too. As others have said, you don't need the locking ring,
Marty Sasaki
Arlington, Massachusetts, USA

Standard disclaimer: I'm just a hobbyist who enjoys occasionally mystifying friends and family, so my opinions should be viewed with this in mind.
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Quote:
On 2008-03-16 23:29, Frank Starsini wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-03-15 00:44, Hansel wrote:
Hi Frank:
The point in your post that I refuse is "It sounds like you're giving advice without ever owning a set of rings"...i have 3 set of rings,for ME they don't have my "dream specifications", but in case that I don't have ANY set of rings this don't FORBIDDEN AN OPINION. My dreams specifications:Good material,Good sound,Nice size...now in the IBM/SAM comb.convention I'm search this type of rings...Good Luck!
Thanks,
Hansel!

Ok, I guess I misunderstood. I was under the impression that you did not own any linking rings because you also wrote...

Quote:
I don't know, right now I don't have any set of linking rings

As you can probably understand, it's hard for people to tell if you are giving advice based on having 3 sets of rings or 0 sets of rings.

Ok Frank,No problem!!!Talking is the way to understand other people!!!When I find my "Dream rings" I tell you my opinion!!!LOL,
Thanks,
Hansel!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
Darren Kidby
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
291 Posts

Profile of Darren Kidby
I have a question,
didn't Owens use to make solid 10" rings?

and another question is

who else makes solid 10" rings?

Darren..
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
Not sure if Owen used to make 10" solid rings but Klamm makes a 10" solid that is pretty decent for $88. They are solid steel and nickle plated with seemless welds. I banged on a set of 12" Klamm rings for awhile without any chipping or breaking.
alfredini
View Profile
New user
Tampa, Fl, USA - Maracaibo, Venezuela
32 Posts

Profile of alfredini
Check Sterling steal site. Great rings and he makes them in lots of different sizes
alfredini
View Profile
New user
Tampa, Fl, USA - Maracaibo, Venezuela
32 Posts

Profile of alfredini
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Quote:
On 2008-03-17 08:29, John Bowlin wrote:
Not sure if Owen used to make 10" solid rings but Klamm makes a 10" solid that is pretty decent for $88. They are solid steel and nickle plated with seemless welds. I banged on a set of 12" Klamm rings for awhile without any chipping or breaking.

I thought the Klamm rings looked and performed no better than the cheap Uday rings.
They look almost identical.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Replace or repair a broken linking ring (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL