The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Are agencies all they're cracked up to be? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mr Amazeo
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of Mr Amazeo
After reading this:

http://www.davidfarr.com/Free-Report.pdf

I'm curious about anyone elses experience with booking through talent agencies. I typically work with party planners and I know that they add a commission onto my fee. But this essay from David Farr seems especially negative, and I'm wondering you the target audience is for this type of discourse - potential clients?
Any thoughts?
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
Mr. Amazeo,
Not all agents are like what David states, but many of them are. David's audience is potential clients, I believe. I'm not sure that the negativity is necessarily productive. But to each his own.

Steven
Coram Deo
Jon Gallagher
View Profile
Veteran user
Elmwood, Illinois
395 Posts

Profile of Jon Gallagher
All David Parr is doing is taking his competition's strengths, and turning them into weaknesses. He's offering this free report to companies who are wanting to book entertainment. It's more of a sales letter for him than it is a dig on agencies.
www.jongallagher.com

Hey! I'm finally a Dot Com!
Brent Allan
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago
415 Posts

Profile of Brent Allan
I guess Mr. Farr doesn't believe that issuing reports with spelling and grammar errors is bad for the profession. LOL
Turn your business card into a relentless salesperson that brings you business!

http://www.TransformYourBusinesscard.com
illusionmaster
View Profile
New user
Boulder, Colorado
31 Posts

Profile of illusionmaster
Don't blame Mr. Farr...

This is direct copy from the Dave Dee marketing course and as Jongallagher suggests is meant as a marketing tool.

I don't really approve of the tactic myself, but I guess it must work for Mr. Farr and Mr. Dee.

Jes
Smile
Jon Gallagher
View Profile
Veteran user
Elmwood, Illinois
395 Posts

Profile of Jon Gallagher
Well, we is magicians... we ain't grammar teachers.

Wait... I used to be one of them there English teachers!

Maybe that's why I do magic now.....
www.jongallagher.com

Hey! I'm finally a Dot Com!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Are agencies all they're cracked up to be? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL