The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Boy, was 'that' the wrong approach! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
I was performing at a local restaurant for a private booking consisting of 43 21-13 year old and 1 45 year old mother.....

I started with mental effects, went in to spoon bending (not noticing that mom was starting to pale and lean back) the daughter did notice and asked me to do something really scary.....

I took the moms napkin and balled it up on her plate, concentrated for about 25 seconds.... when it started to smoke mom got a look of terror, when it hit flames she jumped up and ran as fast as she could to the door screaming that the devil is burning her plate (me)!

now what was even more magical and amazing is the fact that this 300 lbs lady could move faster then a sprinter in the olympics.

needless to say I never do spontaneous combustion for older folks now lol.
martin king
View Profile
Elite user
416 Posts

Profile of martin king
Quote:
On 2008-03-11 11:57, Peter Loughran wrote:
Magic Santa wrote:
'You should have yelled to them "but wait, I must warn you about the demons!'

That's freakin hilarious!


Totally agree!!!
daver
View Profile
Elite user
Jupiter, FL
418 Posts

Profile of daver
It's amazing what some people believe. I was working in a small town in upstate NY (not a performing gig; my real job), and there was a 24-hour Starbucks, and I ended up going in at like 2am. There was a group of young adults (probably like 19-23 or so) hanging out, and I thought I'd mess around a bit. I started doing some PK work, moving stirrer sticks, levitating sugar packets, touches and so on, and they ALL kept asking if it is just pure concentration and focus to do it, and if there were special powers, because they wanted to learn how, but were afraid they did not possess the "gift".

I left them with the philosophical "just put your mind to it and you can accomplish anything" and laughed all the way back to my hotel.
Dave



What's the difference between a magician and a deck of cards? A deck of cards has FOUR suits...
whitjm5
View Profile
Loyal user
of magic in Jacksonville, FL
222 Posts

Profile of whitjm5
Quote:
On 2008-07-01 20:14, daver wrote:
It's amazing what some people believe. I was working in a small town in upstate NY (not a performing gig; my real job), and there was a 24-hour Starbucks, and I ended up going in at like 2am. There was a group of young adults (probably like 19-23 or so) hanging out, and I thought I'd mess around a bit. I started doing some PK work, moving stirrer sticks, levitating sugar packets, touches and so on, and they ALL kept asking if it is just pure concentration and focus to do it, and if there were special powers, because they wanted to learn how, but were afraid they did not possess the "gift".

I left them with the philosophical "just put your mind to it and you can accomplish anything" and laughed all the way back to my hotel.


So right, Daver. I frequent a site called 43things.com which is a place where you can share your personal goals, meet others with similar goals and cheer/be cheered. It's kinda cool, but when I chose "become a magician" as one of my goals - I noticed that the majority on there were talking about developing their special powers. I just had to laugh. Smile
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3212 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
Our of curiosity, I did a search of "Biola" and "magic", and I found out that someone on staff there performs magic tricks.

studentlife.biola.edu

Perhaps they really just remembered an appointment.

Or, perhaps it was because you mentioned "fortune telling."

There really is no way to know without asking them.

In any event, it might not have been your approach.
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
satcom
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of satcom
You never know exactly how one reacts, and it seems every time you try to look into it facts collide and you never get the true answer.

That is weird though.
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1785 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
I went to Biola for a semester back in the 70's. I wasn't into magic back then, but don't think it would have been a problem. Actually, Biola was considered pretty liberal by some of the churches I was raised in.
Sammy J. Teague
Arthur-Zep
View Profile
New user
Riga , Latvia
22 Posts

Profile of Arthur-Zep
Quote:
On 2008-03-11 11:57, Peter Loughran wrote:
Magic Santa wrote:
'You should have yelled to them "but wait, I must warn you about the demons!'

That's freakin hilarious!


Quote:
On 2008-06-25 09:53, Michael_MacDonald wrote:

she jumped up and ran as fast as she could to the door screaming that the devil is burning her plate (me)!



:D Smile Hilarious! These two quotes made my day Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Boy, was 'that' the wrong approach! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL