The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Best Invisible Deck? (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
799 Posts

Profile of Keith Mitchell
I want to buy an Invisible Deck, are there ID better than others? If so, who sells the best ID?
IllusionistErich
View Profile
New user
Clarion PA
12 Posts

Profile of IllusionistErich
I was wondering the same thing.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Most magic shops will sell good invisible decks, probably made by Haines House of Cards. Just make sure they are Bicycle brand cards and not some knock off brand of card and you should be fine.

Mark.
dobber
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of dobber
I don't know who sells the best deck, but if you have a brick and mortar shop you patronize, perhaps the proprietor will let you handle a demo deck before you purchase?
Rob
marty.sasaki
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of marty.sasaki
One thing that I heard, which makes a great deal of sense, is to keep the pack full, so don't throw away the ad cards and the jokers. If you remove them, the rest of the cards will be a little loose in the box and the movement might diminish the magic of the ID.

I don't know if this is true, but it's easy enough to keep the cards around...
Marty Sasaki
Arlington, Massachusetts, USA

Standard disclaimer: I'm just a hobbyist who enjoys occasionally mystifying friends and family, so my opinions should be viewed with this in mind.
caligari
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of caligari
Most Invisible decks will handle pretty well. However I would believe that bikes would be a good choice since it would seem normal to any layman. I suggest you buy whatever would match the regular deck you perform with.Smile
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of 0045
Quote:
On 2008-03-11 23:54, marty.sasaki wrote:
One thing that I heard, which makes a great deal of sense, is to keep the pack full, so don't throw away the ad cards and the jokers. If you remove them, the rest of the cards will be a little loose in the box and the movement might diminish the magic of the ID.

I don't know if this is true, but it's easy enough to keep the cards around...

It's the first time I have heard of this, I discard Jokers and ad cards and have not noticed any deterioration of the deck thus far.

Regards 0045
dobber
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of dobber
About the only thing I've noticed that would deteriorate the cards is dirt and oil from hands. I've only purchased one commercial deck and don't recall that there were any jokers and ad cards with them.

I've made a couple of my own, both bikes and "Stud" brand from Walgreens, and was surprised and greatly pleased by the results.

Rob
Loopback
View Profile
Veteran user
Lincoln, Nebraska
359 Posts

Profile of Loopback
You can make your own invisible deck quite easily. Check the workshop forum.
fxdude
View Profile
Loyal user
Hollywood
241 Posts

Profile of fxdude
You can purchase a roughing spray for your cards from most magic shops if your cards start to become loose (or if you'd like to make your own deck).
fxdude
View Profile
Loyal user
Hollywood
241 Posts

Profile of fxdude
I actually re-arranged my deck so that each suit was on top of it's own suit. Makes it a little more obvious to the spectator if you perform the trick multiple times to the same person but it makes it easier and quicker to figure out where their card is (plus you shouldn't be performing the same trick multiple times to the same person anyways).
Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
799 Posts

I have been aware of making my own ID for a long time, but I have decided that it's a lot easier to just buy them.

Thanks anyway
Keith
Hybrid Hunter
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
140 Posts

Profile of Hybrid Hunter
Not to sound stupid or anything but what is an Invisible Deck?
Or is this possibly the wrong place to be asking a question like this?
molsen
View Profile
Special user
Copenhagen
552 Posts

Profile of molsen
Quote:
On 2008-03-13 09:48, Hybrid Hunter wrote:
Not to sound stupid or anything but what is an Invisible Deck?
Or is this possibly the wrong place to be asking a question like this?

The effect of an ID is that you can instantly show any card as the only card that is face down in a face up deck/spread. The method is probably better discussed in the secret sessions.

Michael
fxdude
View Profile
Loyal user
Hollywood
241 Posts

Profile of fxdude
I have always hated that it's called Invisible Deck (well, just disliked). I have the trick Mental Photography and I think that is more of an invisible deck. I guess if you use the Invisible Deck routine where you pretend to have an invisible deck then I can see calling it that but I don't use that.
Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
799 Posts

I flunked Biology so many times because I could not prononce the words, always hated the scientest for coming up with these tongue twisting names. Now I take medicine that I can't even pronounce, like these different Anti-biotics that I recently had to take for my sinus infection. What is wrong with these people? Is it possible to read what the Doctor writes on that prescription pad? I sure can't, and I am convinced that these people don't play with a full deck of cards.

Invisible Deck, now that is something that I can pronounce, just like most other magical names. Therefore I have no problems with the name "Invisible Deck!" One day I would like to shake the hand of the person that came up with the name "Invisible Deck!"

Later
Keith
erlandish
View Profile
Inner circle
Vancouver, Canada
1254 Posts

Profile of erlandish
In my opinion the best invisible deck is one that matches the sorts of cards you normally use. It's possible to make your own using material you can buy from your local magic store.
The Jester Extraordinaire : bderland.com
Ye Olde Magick Blogge : erlandish.blogspot.com
monkeyguitar10
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of monkeyguitar10
I would recommend the brainwave deck it is the same thing as a invisible deck but better if you don't know what it is then google it.
dobber
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of dobber
I think the Brainwave Deck is a little over the top. Don't much care for the 2nd surprise...overkill IMHO.

I made a ID from a single deck the other day and have been tinkering around with it. Still like the original ID, but I'm starting to like this one, too.
Rob
Tony Noice
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of Tony Noice
The deck is actually Berg's Ultra Mental. The title of invisible deck comes from one of the best known presentations. The point of the Brainwave deck is to eliminate the notion that a slick card man could simply get to the card and reverse it. Showing that the the card came from a different deck eliminates that explanation.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Best Invisible Deck? (10 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL