The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » What is your favorite double? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Pablo Tejero
View Profile
Inner circle
Zaragoza, SPAIN
1201 Posts

Profile of Pablo Tejero
Well, i think that the best double lift possible is the most natural, the most convincing, and the most simple sleight.

For example the most natural double lift, is to do a double lift with cards prepared as if they were from Invisble Deck, with the same preparation. You will do double lift that kill magicians too.

All the best magic,

Pablo Tejero Smile
"The Magic is in the air, you just have to... breathe it!"
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2986 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
I'm reprinting this item from the "Unnatural Moves" thread since it seems to apply here:

=============================

I think the double lift get ready is what looks unnatural. If you have to riffle up with your thumb to get the two cards.. ouch!

Marlo's "Hit" double and Martin Nash's double lift (a stud type turnover) don't have this problem.

Harry Riser's double matches the method used by many lay people. Basically the double is pushed to the right using the left thumb. It pivots at the inner left corner. Once the outer right corner has cleared the deck by about 1 cm, your right hand (with thumb on top and 1st and 2nd fingers below) takes the double at the outer right corner and turns it end for end, finally replacing it on top of the deck.

Kevin King and I were discussing double lifts awhile back. He claimed that Riser's was most like what lay people do. I didn't agree. We asked the bartender to hold the cards and then to turn over the top card and place it on the deck. He did exactly what Harry does! I was burned.

The other advantage of the Riser double lift is that the thick edge at the front is in motion and goes out of view quickly. There's really no thick edge for a spec to notice...

Nonetheless I still use the "hit" double and the stud turnover style the most.

Mike
MyTurnPlzAA
View Profile
Loyal user
NC
288 Posts

Profile of MyTurnPlzAA
snap dpuble lift (Learnt it off Daryls Ambitious Card)

regards

James
hkmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Colombia
108 Posts

Profile of hkmagic
I used to do very fancy double lifts, but then I realize that i don´t have a move in turning a card, so I prefer is the Verno´s natural double lift, and some times a I use the Derek Dingle´s one.
"May the Magic be with you"
Michael T
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of Michael T
Gotta love the acro and non acro diving board doubles. I fell in love with them the second I saw them!
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
Martin Nash's "Knockout Double Lift". It looks natural and has no get ready.
PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Supplying Unique Mentalism World-wide
(Ask me where you can get the Jack Dean material)
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
Bone
View Profile
Loyal user
Totally lost...
264 Posts

Profile of Bone
Mine are PUSHOFF DOUBLE and DivingBoardDOUBLE.

Bone.
Email: bone@boneho.com

myspace.com/boneho
youtube.com/boneho
twitter.com/boneho
facebook.com/boneho

Official Website:
www.boneho.com
mattpuglisi
View Profile
Veteran user
New York
321 Posts

Profile of mattpuglisi
I know many DL's, but The Derek Dingle DL is my "workhorse" DL. He showed me variant handling at the last Magic on Manhatten convention, and I use that one as well, but the original handling (in The Complete Works of DD, Kaufman) is still my favorite.
Lack of invention is the mother of necessity - Robert Nozick

Instagram: @matthewthomas00
Glenn Godsey
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Glenn Godsey
I have practised Martin Nash's Knock Out Double Lift and variants for 20 years or so. A good double is perhaps the most important sleight in modern card magic.
GTDude11
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of GTDude11
What is the double-lift called where you just like deal two cards of the top of the deck into your other hand?
Thanx,
"A genius is 1 % inspiration and 99% perspiration "-Thomas Edison
MAGIC RULES!!!

GTDUDE11
Card Sheister
View Profile
Regular user
Ninja
182 Posts

Profile of Card Sheister
Probably a push-off deal.
delgado
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of delgado
i choose L. Jenning's Snap Double .
Bobcape
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
470 Posts

Profile of Bobcape
I also will go with Larry Jenning's snap double. It's easy to do a double, triple or quadruple lift. Jeff McBride taught me to shoot a single or double off of the deck using the LJ snap double method. It's very versatile.
Bob
Be Amazed! + Enjoy The Magic!
Mark Martinez
View Profile
Inner circle
Wisconsin
1276 Posts

Profile of Mark Martinez
Hi,

Any double that fits the effect. If I can do a get ready that no one notices then I'll do that, but the double I use the most is the strike double. I perfer that because there is no get ready.

Mark
Magically,
Mark

Success comes before work only in the dictionary. - Anonymous
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » What is your favorite double? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL