The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Fixing a reel (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ozer4
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
329 Posts

Profile of Ozer4
Hello,
So after serving me so well for 3 years now, my El Duco ring flight caught a snag last night...literally. The f*&@ l*@* got caught around a button of my back pocket and in my haste to figure out what was going on, I accidentally broke the aforementioned line which promptly retreated inside. Does anybody know if it's possible to fix the reel? I figured I would post this prior to unscrewing it and opening it up. Feel free to PM me as well.

Thanks,
Oz
KenW
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of KenW
Easy Fix just be careful when opening the case. While you are at it use a little white grease on the spring before reassembling.
KW
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Take your time. I had a spring wound camaera that jammed and I opened it to see if I could fix it and the spring expanded and about a dozen parts flew all over the room. I put 'em all in a package and had to send it back to the factory. Luckily, it was a very expenive pro camera (Bell and HOwell Foton) and had a lifetime guarantee. Of course I included a huge letter of apology and swore I would never try to fix anything again.

Reels are easy.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Fixing a reel (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL