The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » The make of Cellini balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

fireperformer911
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of fireperformer911
In the Art of Street Performing Volume 2 it looks like Cellini balls he uses in his Cup and Ball routine are aluminum Foil balls. Are they made of aluminum foil?

Thanks
Joe Howard
View Profile
Loyal user
The Peoples Republic of Massachusetts
204 Posts

Profile of Joe Howard
I believe that they are red crochet balls covered in foil paper. He said that the red didn't show up well under European street lights, so he covered them in foil paper so they would show up better.

Joe H
Kevin Mc Lean
View Profile
New user
Kevin Mc Lean
57 Posts

Profile of Kevin Mc Lean
In Tarr's "Now You See It, Now you don't" he mentions you can make balls just by scrunching up alfoil. I'd say that is what Cellini is using although he may have a small weight inside them to make them heavier for some moves as alfoil on its own can blow away quite easily.

Regards,

Kevin Mc Lean.
fireperformer911
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of fireperformer911
Thanks Joe and Kevin

I made some balls out of aluminum foil they are a little light but about same weight as cheap crochet balls
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I tried that once and they rang like chimes in the cups!
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Joe Howard
View Profile
Loyal user
The Peoples Republic of Massachusetts
204 Posts

Profile of Joe Howard
I saw the balls he was using up close. They aren't aluminum foil, but foil paper, like gum wrapper or more likely from a cigarette pack. There is an actual ball underneath the foil.

JH
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Here's a tip I learned from a friend. Some cigarette packs use a foil liner that if you carefully remove the backing it will leave the sticky stuff on the foil. You could use this to wrap balls sort of like papier mache (closest I could come to spelling it without resorting to special symbols)
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Faulkner
View Profile
Loyal user
New Orleans
249 Posts

Profile of Faulkner
I know Sonny Holiday has used aluminum foil to cover his balls (insert your own joke), I mention this because Sonny traveled with Cellini for so long.

With Cellini he would use something that you can find anywhere. Since he smokes it would make perfect sense he uses cig. pack foil. After spending time with him when he was in New Orleans I am sure he used what ever was available at the time. I would bet he has tried a zillion different ways to get the balls to be more visual.
Faulkner
View Profile
Loyal user
New Orleans
249 Posts

Profile of Faulkner
I know Sonny Holiday has used aluminum foil to cover his balls (insert your own joke), I mention this because Sonny traveled with Cellini for so long.

With Cellini he would use something that you can find anywhere. Since he smokes it would make perfect sense he uses cig. pack foil. After spending time with him when he was in New Orleans I am sure he used what ever was available at the time. I would bet he has tried a zillion different ways to get the balls to be more visual.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
It definitely will keep the space aliens and the CIA from reading their thoughts.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
He has bills in his balls...
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » The make of Cellini balls (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL