The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » RNT2 Foxy 2.5 Chop Cup (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13385 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Anyone know if this cup exists? I have a new set of Foxy 2.5 but I'd like the option of a combo set.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
The last time I spoke to Jake there wasn't so we talked about a combo set but I'm sure that's on a back burner until he catches up!
SeanD13
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, RI
263 Posts

Profile of SeanD13
There was talk of a Foxy 3.0 that was a combo set of the 2.5s. I don't know if it is going to happen now that there is the Princess cup.

The replacement for the Foxy II.V cup

Sean
Have you hugged a Cup Junkie lately?

Learn more at www.CupsCon.com
"If We Build It Will you Come?"
matt kemp
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern California
312 Posts

Profile of matt kemp
Quote:
On 2008-03-12 17:25, SeanD13 wrote:
There was talk of a Foxy 3.0 that was a combo set of the 2.5s. I don't know if it is going to happen now that there is the Princess cup.

The replacement for the Foxy II.V cup

Sean

It looks like the Foxy 3.0's will be made out of hardwood, and will be combo cups. They are "coming soon." Here's the link:

http://rnt2.com/product.aspx?productno=110
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13385 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Well, the 2.5s are really nice. They are very durable and a nice size. I'm impressed with the workmanship on these cups.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2134 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Foxy III's both in hardwood and metal will most likely hit sometime in the late summer early fall. Hardwoods will be limited. The metal cups will be combo cups.
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
matt kemp
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern California
312 Posts

Profile of matt kemp
Are Foxy III's going to be jumbo cups? Each new set of Foxys seems to get larger and larger...
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I'm waiting for the Foxy X's.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
By the time they get to X they will surely have changed the term "Foxy" to a more...sizable...term. Like....???? (as long as it ends in 'y')
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
By the time we get to X Apple will sue us for using the X Smile

They will probally become the BBC (big beautiful cup)

The real Princess cups will be out late summer/early fall as well.
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
Would someone please explain the terms "2.5" and "3.0" (etc.) to this cups and balls neophyte? Are we talking about cup diameter openings?

Thanks for the info.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Yes, usually inner diameter in inches which is important in choosing the size of the final load.

In RNT2's case they're simply model numbers, Foxy 1, Foxy 2, Foxy 2.5, Foxy 3 (future?).
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1377 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
In this case, we're not referring to the size of the cups, but to the model. Kake makes cups called:
Foxy I
Foxy II and
Foxy II.V

The Foxy I and Foxy II cups are quite small (mini cups) whereas the Foxy II.V are larger (will hold a tennis ball). As far as I know, their names don't reflect the size of the cups.
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On 2008-05-11 12:44, Richard Evans wrote:
In this case, we're not referring to the size of the cups, but to the model. Kake makes cups called:
Foxy I
Foxy II and
Foxy II.V

The Foxy I and Foxy II cups are quite small (mini cups) whereas the Foxy II.V are larger (will hold a tennis ball). As far as I know, their names don't reflect the size of the cups.

A few corrections, well maybe one it's Jake NOT Kake! LOL

I guess as I make changes to the cups ie the Foxy, I add the suffix as I used to in software and CAD design layouts. Some habits die hard.

As to the next release of the Foxy it will be the 3.0 and the 1.x.

The 3.0 will be the SBL combo version and also be made out of hardwoods. There has already been an initial set cut from Cocobola and Amboyna burl, what I'm waiting on is to see if the cups develop any warping. Not until then will we feel comfortable releasing these.

Currently the combo version is slated for Copper only and in plated form.

The Foxy 1.x, a lot of people don't know this, but there was a Foxy Combo set back in the days of the original Rings N Things. They are often confused with Mini Montis. Despite prior claims from a member of the old RNT that Ickle Pickles mini single bead version was a knock off of the Mini Monti, it was not. Steve helped design the original Foxy set and that is what his cup was based on. We're bringing back the original Foxy 1.x as we refer to it for historical purposes.

We had considered a Foxy 3.5 later down the road that takes a baseball, but decided against it as it comes very very close to the Porper cups. However we do have a cup in progress called the Slugger cup that will take a regulation baseball and is a combo set.

I'd like to add, those of you that have been trying to get ahold of me this week and this week coming will have difficulty. I am in W. VA. with my daughter while she undergoes the final operations of her reconstructive surgery, she has approx. 36 hours worth of surgery left. I should be back by next Saturday.

In the meantime, my brother is as the shop and several of my old workers from my sign business have come back to help while I'm gone so orders are still be processed and shipped.

Best to everyone!

Jake
SeanD13
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, RI
263 Posts

Profile of SeanD13
Your family will be in my prayers

Wish her well
Sean
Have you hugged a Cup Junkie lately?

Learn more at www.CupsCon.com
"If We Build It Will you Come?"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » RNT2 Foxy 2.5 Chop Cup (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL