The Magic CafÚ
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index ╗ ╗ You Oughta Be In Pictures ╗ ╗ "one ball" routine practice video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mouliu
View Profile
Regular user
Hongkong/Taiwan
169 Posts

Profile of mouliu
Working on my billiard ball routine. Please comment.

http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=Cyw7QA8Ghu0

Thanks a lot.

Cheung
A novice't reflection: I like watching my audience's jaws drop, but sadly in reality I'm just too busy to enjoy it. Smile
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
The manipulations are SO nice and Clean!!! The final vanish is very good! But the question is: Is this an entire routine for audiences, or is it rehearsal for a complete multiplying ball routine?? Congratulations!! Good ball manipulation!
Thanks,
Hansel!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
Yola Sol
View Profile
New user
Netherlands
51 Posts

Profile of Yola Sol
I really enjoyed that, thanks for sharing!

Also, loved the final vanish and the "Where did it go? Oh, there it is!" look.
On the road of life, don't forget to stop and eat the roses
spycrapper
View Profile
Loyal user
Indonesia
295 Posts

Profile of spycrapper
Hi, that's nice! Your manipulation skill is very good. I like it very much!
Thanks for sharing.
Magic is life

Ario A.
visit my blog:
http://amagicblog.wordpress.com
Hybrid Hunter
View Profile
New user
Sydney, Australia
92 Posts

Profile of Hybrid Hunter
Wow, your handling is very, very good. Makes me want to look into the hard ball manipulations. Even when you dropped the ball, you recovered like it was nothing!
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2826 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Smile Very nice, indeed. I liked your choice in music, too!
Cardamagically,
Dom.
:) Smile
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1649 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Pretty nifty. Be careful pulling the ball off the silk face-on to the audience, especially if you end with the silk's corner. It's more deceptive, IMO, if the audience has a profile view.
Michael J.
´┐ŻBelieve then, if you please, that I can do strange things.´┐Ż --from Shakespeare´┐Żs ´┐ŻAs You Like It´┐Ż
mouliu
View Profile
Regular user
Hongkong/Taiwan
169 Posts

Profile of mouliu
Thanks, all, for your input and kind words.

Michael, what's "profile view"?

Hansel, it's my complete ball routine. I use the "one ball" concept to try to make it easy to follow for the audience.
A novice't reflection: I like watching my audience's jaws drop, but sadly in reality I'm just too busy to enjoy it. Smile
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13401 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Nice work!
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
illushade
View Profile
New user
China
67 Posts

Profile of illushade
Tasty!!!!!!!!!!
I do not normally like stage magic, but your handling is very elegant and smooth.
Also, love the music.

Keep up the nice work.

Regards,

Lee
Magic is my life. My life is magic.
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Quote:
On 2008-03-13 20:34, mouliu wrote:
Hansel, it's my complete ball routine. I use the "one ball" concept to try to make it easy to follow for the audience.

Ok, very well done!!! Congratulations!
Hansel!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
Magikrn
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Magikrn
I couldn't read the scripts on the page, but I enjoyed the presentation of your routine very much. Good job!!

What brand of balls are those?
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1649 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Cheung,
If you turn your body to the left or right and hold the ball out in front of you, pulling the silk back towards yourself, the audience will get a side or "profile" view of the ball instead of looking down on top of it. This is more deceptive, IMO, and it brings things up to chest level for better viewing.
Hope that helps. Smile
Michael J.
´┐ŻBelieve then, if you please, that I can do strange things.´┐Ż --from Shakespeare´┐Żs ´┐ŻAs You Like It´┐Ż
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
It's clear that you have spent a lot of time and thought on the manipulations, perhaps too clear.

In other words, the way that you present the effects tells the audience that you are doing moves, not magic. That makes sense if you think that there's no way the moves (which were well executed, by the way) actually fool anyone. However, if your intention is to present magic, instead of manipulation, (i.e. a form of juggling) I think you need to reconsider the way your "frame" the vanishes.

In other words, you tend to hold the ball in a display position in your right hand, stop, look at the audience, then do the move, and then show that the ball is "gone". This "says" that the placement of the ball in the hand is part of the vanish. I'm not sure that's what you mean to tell them.

Consider the moment when you do the placement of the ball as just described, and then you push back your sleeves, and then show that the ball is gone. An alternative (and better, IMHO) way to do this would be to display the ball at the right fingertips, push back the right sleeve, do the transfer, immediately push back the left sleeve, and then make the ball disappear.

Do you see the difference? In the second example, the transfer is "invisible". If you're doing magic, ALL the transfers should be invisible.

That's the way I think about it, anyway. You've obviously done the "hand work". Now it's time to do the "head work".
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
mix999
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of mix999
That is a really good routine for just a single ball. Very creative!
mouliu
View Profile
Regular user
Hongkong/Taiwan
169 Posts

Profile of mouliu
Thanks all for yours ideas. They really help.

Michael, now I got what you meant. I'll try doing it on "profile view".
pablovaldes
View Profile
Loyal user
Mexico
206 Posts

Profile of pablovaldes
Dear mouliu, yor skill is really good, about the routine, I don┤t know how it works for an audience, by this I mean that I, as a magician, know that your vanishes are increasing in difficulty, but for a lay person may seem the same vanish: you put it in your hand, it vanishes, now it appears... now it goes into your hand again, and it vanishes, now it appears, now it goes in to the hand, it vanishes, it is not in the other hand, and now it appears.

I would advice in increasing impact instead of difficulty, and maybe adding little climax moments and then a big one, the color changing ball you used is an example, that was very good, that was different, I liked the silk part too, but maybe ending with a gigant ball, an orange, or even multiple sponge balls, instead of doing so many vanishes. I am not sure if this is my point of view only because I am a magician, maybe it does hit hard for lay audiences, but I say it sincerly and with all means to help.

Best,
Pablo
Wonderful things do happen
Magic is so relative, that we all think we know what it is
@pablovaldes
The Magic Cafe Forum Index ╗ ╗ You Oughta Be In Pictures ╗ ╗ "one ball" routine practice video (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL