The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Review: Greg Frewin's dinner theatre performance (Niagara Falls) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
Quote:
On 2008-03-19 12:20, laci200 wrote:
What kind of Crusher Greg use because it looks similar?

If I am not mistaken, it is Greg's version of Bo-Staff illusion.

Day 19
Sent from my Typewriter
Johnnie Blaze
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of Johnnie Blaze
Greg's version is called Squisher.. he had one blue which was sold to M Barefoote, he then built himself a new red one which he still uses to this day.
hope this helps
John
magicjoe
View Profile
Special user
758 Posts

Profile of magicjoe
Great review!!!

I also soaw him over the summer and it really is a reat show and the food is good to!!!!

Joe
Alexx Argen
View Profile
New user
"New" for 10+ years with only
85 Posts

Profile of Alexx Argen
Well since I live somewhat close by I would be down for a Café at frewin theatre day. I also have some friends who would be down for that too.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2008-03-19 15:03, Alexx Argen wrote:
Well since I live somewhat close by I would be down for a Café at frewin theatre day. I also have some friends who would be down for that too.

We did that a few years ago and had a blast. I don't know how easy it'd be to organize again now that the theatre is so busy these days.

BTW.. don't call it Café Day lest you hear from an upset Steve Brooks. (as I did) Call it Magicians Day instead..LOL.

Best,

Tim

Day 19
Johnnie Blaze
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of Johnnie Blaze
I am pretty sure something could be arranged , providing it was not during his busy season. june july august sept.. he does have available dates in april. and Greg being the good guy that he is would probably even put on an extra show if need be .. so try to see what you can do to arrange a date.
how many peeps would be interested?
anyone?
I will do what I can to help
John
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Hi John,

Scheduling is the most difficult for me. I'll be on the road for all of April but don't let that stop anyone. I can see the show anytime as I am only a few hrs away.

Is spring or summer a good time frame for anyone? Summer is usually more open for me.

Best,

Tim

Day 19
Christian Illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Ohio (currently located in Missouri)
503 Posts

Profile of Christian Illusionist
Quote:
On 2008-03-19 12:04, Timothy Drake wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-03-19 11:40, Illucifer wrote:
Authorized by who, Tim? Bill Smith?

I didn't ask. I just asked if it was authorized. If you want the full history you'll have to stay tuned until I find out.'

Best,

Tim

Day 19

I'll stay tuned for sure!

I'd be very interested to hear who owns the rights to the full routine and if rights are available for purchase.
We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Johnnie Blaze
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of Johnnie Blaze
We could do it in the summer or whenever you decide is best for everyone. like I said if there is enough interest another show could always be added, so lets start with getting an approximate number of interested participants. a date, I will do what I can to help but unfortunately my time is limited , but I will do my best
John
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2008-03-19 11:40, Illucifer wrote:
Authorized by who, Tim? Bill Smith?

Yes. The rights were obtained via Bill Smith.

Best,

Tim

Day 19
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Im in. just need a date.. preferably summer.
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
For those unfamiliar with what Greg Frewin's performance looks like, here are two video clips. I believe both are from the World's Greatest Magic TV specials:

1. This first clip is from around 1994? Greg opens his show with a dove and rope routine that is basically the same as this, even the music is the same. This clip will give you an idea of his personal and style, and the routine is just as magical today as it was then:
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/538690/greg_frewin

2. For his second appearance on World's Greatest Magic, Greg performed Twister, as seen here. Although this particular illusion is not part of his current show, it's well worth watching:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF_iKYRE5YI

By the way, I also posted my lengthy review at tripadvisor.com here:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserRevie......rio.html
I'm not that familiar with that particular site (another Magic Café member suggested that I post the review there), but it seems that you can vote it "helpful" in order to give it a higher profile there, if you believe it merits that.
jocdoc
View Profile
Inner circle
Carlsbad, CA
1183 Posts

Profile of jocdoc
Wow - can't wait to see the show next week during the Niagra Comedy Magic Seminar!

jeff in san diego
http://www.medicine-in-motion.com
Life is an improv. The game goes on...
JustFor Fun
View Profile
New user
Maryland
2 Posts

Profile of JustFor Fun
Great review. I had the good fortune to see Greg's show over Labor Day weekend, 2006. I took my boys, ages 7, 9 and 11 at the time, and they absolutely loved it! (As did I.) Well worth the time and money - the kids still talk about the show.
kendavis
View Profile
Regular user
182 Posts

Profile of kendavis
I saw Greg Frewin's show the first summer it opened. It was similar to that described above except the dinner was a sit down dinner and not a buffet. The food and show was excellent. It was a nice relief from several days of watching water flow over the falls. He was having a tough time drawing crowds back then. I am glad to hear that he is still going and doing well.

His family and friends have put a lot of effort and money into his theater. The result is a quality production that will please children, adults, and magicians. I highly recommend it.

Three cheers for Frewin and continued success!
Hanno
View Profile
New user
Austria
23 Posts

Profile of Hanno
Any updates of the show? is it still playing and is it successful now after 10 years?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Review: Greg Frewin's dinner theatre performance (Niagara Falls) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL