The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Queens Out of Control (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
893 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
I would have to disagree with Roger. RS does have discrepancies, but I have never had anyone catch any of them, and if your patter doesn't do anything to point them out, you are golden. I had to go back and watch the demo of QOOC, and I can state that in my opinion, as stated by syd_uk, RS has a much better premise and can be used as a card showpiece (if there really is such a thing), while QOOC is a card trick. Again, just an opinion; if you are able to change the patter and make it work for you, great.

I really just think that using RS in the proper context, which is easier to develop with a poker theme, you have a stronger effect.

If I had to own just one, it would be RS.
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
ElCoral
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of ElCoral
I own both, and my preference is for Royal Scam. The ace of spades and the royal flush ending just lend themselves more easily to various presentations than the QOOC cards.
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Agreed - the ending is much nicer and relevant. It's just the beginning that doesn't fit in with my liking. Horses and courses, huh? But if it's got Bannon as a creator, then I'm gonna buy it anyway!
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2505 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
I prefer Royal Scam, and I changed it to suit it more to my liking.
I show, for example, 8 cards instead of 7 at the beginning. One of the aces I B***** St***, so I count 8. After that, I tell a story about a gambler and a magician, me being the magician of course. Every time the gambler does something, I do palms above the cards so it looks skillful, but when I turn them the other way I say: "The gambler does it like this. I just have to twist the cards, and they're all the same way." Furthermore, I make that last ace appear by use of a sandwich method.
It's my turn, the magician again (the face just before you show the odd colored backs). I pull off one card of the 3 card packet and place the Dou*** on top of it. I say, "You can do this and that as a gambler, but whenever I want an ace, I just wave above the face-up ace packet...and one appears!!" I then do the fl********* co*** to show the ace of spades twice, and the gambler says: "While you were busy with that, I show you the real deal to get the money. I switched all of these cards for cards from a different colored back, and I show the odd colors. Well, if you're up against a magician, dear Mr. Gambler, just make sure you get the nuts!" And I turn my royal flush over.

This makes the handling much more logical.
Roger Kelly, I hope you like it this way. It works great for me. If it isn't clear, PM me and I'll send you my full pattern and routine.

P.S. This is what I like to do, turn great effects into effects that suit me. Whenever I buy an effect, I think about how I could make it fit me. Switching moves, making pattern, etc. For me the Royal Scam is totally logical, and my audience loves it. What more could I ask?
Robert Kohler
View Profile
Special user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
520 Posts

Profile of Robert Kohler
So you are using a bit of Bannon's patter from Call of the Wild......
We judge ourselves by our intentions - others judge us by our actions.....
<BR>
<BR>B. Wilson
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2505 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
Nah, I don't know the pattern of Call of the Wild. It's more the handling I thought I'd share to clean up the discrepancies most are concerned about.
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
After watching QOOC, it seems you could simply use different cards instead of the JOKERS and you have a gambling theme; however, I feel the twisting in RS is stronger.
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2505 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
For Queens Out of Control, I want to use Bicycle cards. What color cards are there for me to use? Until now, I have red (regular color for the trick), orange, blue, green and yellow. But, I need one more. Smile
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
I believe pink, powder blue, and black are available.
Andy Moss
View Profile
Special user
713 Posts

Profile of Andy Moss
Thanks for your idea of using different cards (ideally a royal flush of Spades to contrast with the QH red colour) with QOOC for the reveal rather than the Jokers. I am going to pencil mark the cards to keep track of them and hope to work out the initial set up to get the cards to align in correct flush order at the end.
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
These are appear to be based on Roy Walton's Cascade. My favorite Cascade variant is the lesser-known Peter Duffie trick 'Downfall'. (http://www.peterduffie.com/)

I modify the cards used and coupled with a political presentation, it goes over very well.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
amerigo
View Profile
Veteran user
Can't believe I only have
318 Posts

Profile of amerigo
I recently purchased cards for QOOC from Marty "Martini" Grams. What a great guy fast courteous service and the cards are exactly what I requested.
http://www.martinismagic.com/index.html
Magic is Everywhere
muse
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
925 Posts

Profile of muse
Quote:
On 2008-08-28 11:46, MichielTummers wrote:
For Queens Out of Control, I want to use Bicycle cards. What color cards are there for me to use? Until now, I have red (regular color for the trick), orange, blue, green and yellow. But, I need one more. Smile

Michiel

I've taken blue bikes and used fluorescent markers over the patterns on the back to add a couple of 'new' colours when required, still leaving the white borders. Leave them to dry for a few minutes and they work pretty well in that situation.
owln_1
View Profile
Loyal user
dallas /now live by tulsa
222 Posts

Profile of owln_1
I do the same as Muse, I buy bike cards in pinochle decks both red and blue and I color the backs of the blue Queens with markers. I get a good reaction with this effect. Owln_1
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
Quote:

This is what I have: http://www.magicbycardmaker.com/mediapoo......acks.jpg
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Finest gaffed cards for magicians
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2009-01-17 03:04, CardMaker wrote:
This is what I have: http://www.magicbycardmaker.com/mediapoo......acks.jpg

Very very nice. Perfect for my QOFC replacement!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Quote:
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Queens Out of Control, I want to use Bicycle cards. What color cards are there for me to use? Until now, I have red (regular color for the trick), orange, blue, green and yellow. But, I need one more.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michiel, get a black backed card to complete the set. There available just about everywhere.
Magic is a vanishing art.
redeagle
View Profile
Regular user
South Florida
147 Posts

Profile of redeagle
What are the production colors from USPC for bicycle cards with colord BACKS? I see red, blue, and black at almost any store. I found yellow and green at magic stores online. Any other colors. My search keeps resulting in decks with the pastel or colored FACES.
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1682 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
There is an orange deck that has regular faces
muse
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
925 Posts

Profile of muse
[quote]On 2009-01-17 03:04, CardMaker wrote:

They look great Bernd
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Queens Out of Control (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL