The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Queens Out of Control (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
I am thinking of releasing this with ACES.
Does that make sense?

Anybody?
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Finest gaffed cards for magicians
danielrhall
View Profile
Regular user
NH, where some days I feel as dumb as
181 Posts

Profile of danielrhall
It was already done by Magic Ronnay over 30 years ago. It's called Sympathetic Cards.

https://midwestmagic.net/shop/item.asp?itemid=4998

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWE2U_4HMq0
bgh13mm
View Profile
New user
Pelham, Alabama
84 Posts

Profile of bgh13mm
I got mine at a shop in Bristol,Tn....Top Hat Magic Supply....Tophatmagicsupply.com is there wed site.
trainwing
View Profile
New user
Hendersonville, TN
44 Posts

Profile of trainwing
Within the CD instructions for Royal Scam, John Bannon gives a history of the effect. He talks about Cascade, Sympathetic Cards, and Queens Out of Control. I agree with everything he said. I used Sympathetic Cards in the late 70's and in the 80's. I then switched to QOOC when it arrived on the scene. But, I believe there is no question that Royal Scam is the winner!

All these effects use regular cards which can be examined at the conclusion and all contain lots of magical changes, but Royal Scam has at least two major advantages. 1. It has a very strong and surprising dual climax.
2. It is carried about as a SINGLE packet. The others require two previously set up packets. I use those black vinyl packet wallets and I'd much rather carry two tricks in one of them than only one. This is also my only objection to Bannon's Duplicity. A great effect yes, but again you gotta carry around both packets in one wallet. I do use it now and then though - it's a real surprise.
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Trainwing, contact Marty Graham. He has vinyl wallets with a hidden compartment. So you could cary around 3 packet tricks. Or use two for QOOC and the hidden compartment for your other packet trick.
Magic is a vanishing art.
ekgdoc
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of ekgdoc
Although I love the magical moments in QOOC, I've always thought Griffin's presentation was lacking. I recently obtained RS and by borrowing elements of RS and applying them to QOOC, I think I have come up with something quite good. Here is my modified QOOC. (Although the presentation is similar to RS, some of the methods are different.)

(1) I bring out a SINGLE packet of cards and state that I am going to demonstrate how one can handle cards using "moves, misdirection, and a little bit of magic."
(2) Four queens are placed in the center alternating face up and face down. [To me this is cleaner than what is done in in QOOC.] The rest of the cards are all shown to be face up queens.
MOVES Phase:
(3) Using "moves," the cards turn face up and face down. [I like the count used in RS better than the one used in QOOC.] At the end, there will be 2 packets, one face up and one face down.
MISDIRECTION Phase:
(4) The face down packet is taken in the left hand while the right hand spreads the face up queens. After some attention is brought to the face up queens, you talk about misdirection and then state you just gave an example as all the action took place in your left hand. You now show the face down queens have all changed to jokers.
MAGIC Phase:
(5) Doing any sort of color change, change a joker into a queen. (The change, if you would even call it that, in the original QOOC is a bit weak.)
(6) Taking 2 of the jokers and the queen, place the queen face down between the 2 face down jokers. Give the cards a shake and show that the queen has immediately turned face up between the jokers. Place this queen face down on the table. "This works with any queen." Repeat using a different queen. Repeat once more but this last time, instead of the queen flipping over, the back of the queen changes colors right in front of the spectator's eyes. (I finally found a good place to use Paul Harris' Bizarre/Cros Twist!)
(7) After showing that the back of the queen has magically changed, show that the backs of all the queens have changed.
(8) "And that is how one can handle cards using moves, misdirection, and a little bit of magic." End.

To me, everything just seems to flow with this presentation.
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
For a more colourful ending of that trick, I will supply 3(!) additional cards which you can't find anywhere else:

Without exposing any secret, these are 3 identical cards but in 3 different colors (the face side of course!). These will replace the matching original 3 cards involved; ... and it's not the Queens ;-)

I won't charge anything extra for these cards - this is a free bonus.
The regular price for a handmade set of Riderbacked Queens still remains the same.
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Finest gaffed cards for magicians
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Old thread, I know, but isn't the "Color Aces" put out by Magic Makers basically the same effect as Queens Out of Control, or am I mistaken?

Here's a video demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgdU7fQW36E

If I'm right, it's another possible source for the cards.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Jun 19, 2016, Topov wrote:
Old thread, I know, but isn't the "Color Aces" put out by Magic Makers basically the same effect as Queens Out of Control, or am I mistaken?

Here's a video demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgdU7fQW36E

If I'm right, it's another possible source for the cards.

Absolutely. Refer to your thread in gaffed and funky where their reputation for ripping off others was explained well by Artie Fufkin. He is spot on from what I have seen several times in past threads. I'm sure they make a minor change somewhere to make it "legal" and often there is no legal means stopping a direct copy. It is just immoral and the end buyer must decide whether or not to support what basically amounts to "moral piracy".
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=203

Also, Magic Makers does have some legit merchandise, they are not "all bad" although there is a pattern here that leads to a slippery slope in my opinion. I really liked their take on Modern Coin Magic with Ben Salinas as well as his Rubberband DVD (which did do its due diligence to credit the real creators of most of the effects.

Magic Makers is certainly not the only ones guilty of this and definitely not the first. My best advice is research and when you can... Support the creator first. If that particular deck that all these questions are stemming from has any saving grace. It is a decent "refill deck" for someone who owns the original effects (from the original creators or the companies they sell through). Often times packet effects do not have a "refill set" and a deck like this fills that void.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Queens Out of Control (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL