The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Teaching... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Elijahhenry
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Elijahhenry
I have been asked to do some after school programs teaching magic. I know what I want to do, but I need some kind of format and lesson plan. Maybe you guys can help me out.

Thanks

E. Henry
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Check out Magic Hotline After School Courses. It may spark your imagination and give you some good ideas.

The site even list its Outline of Lessons
Dennis Michael
Andini
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, OH
685 Posts

Profile of Andini
I have been teaching magic for the last couple of years. Many of these classes are for after-school programs. You need to pick effects that are easy to understand and easy to learn. Here are a few that I teach:

-Key Card Location
-Cups and Balls
-Simple Cut & Restored Rope
-"Lucky 7"
-Magnetic Wand

Also, on the first class, I always have the kids make there own wand. Hand out 12" dowel rods and some black permanent markers to begin with (be sure to put some newspaper over the table). After they've been colored, hand out little strips of colored stickers that you can wrap around the tips. Then, if they want, they can put little star stickers along the wand.

The following weeks, it's good to divide the tricks into categories. For example, Week #2 is cards, Week #3 is coins, Week #4 is Ropes, etc.

On the LAST day, it's always nice to have the kids put on a show for their parents. This gives them a taste of what a real performance is like and gives the parents a chance to see what everyone has been doing. This also gives you a chance to put out your contact information. On the "programs" of the show, you can put your name, phone number, and web address. If you'd like you can put a $5 Off coupon on the program. I have booked a number of shows this way.

Hope this helps! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Teaching... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL