The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Best books/ videos on coins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
The Palms of steel video is a killer.
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
Reian
View Profile
Regular user
Hawaii
117 Posts

Profile of Reian
Unexpected Visitor by Doug Brewer is a good book, I would say great if I had some expanded shells.
The Pianoman
View Profile
Veteran user
Lliving in Scotland.
340 Posts

Profile of The Pianoman
I too would like a video dealing with just coin work.... focusing on the sleights would be great.

I find the routines easy to pick up from the written word but some of the sleights, I feel would sink in easier with a visual display.

So if anyone has any recommendations for sleight of hand coin style.. let me know.
I am waiting on "Now you see it.. Now you dont" to arrive from the UK and hope it's as good as they say it is.

Regards Alan
Steve Landavazo
View Profile
Special user
Northern California
654 Posts

Profile of Steve Landavazo
Hi Alan

Have you tried any of Paul ***min's stuff!

His, "Up In Smoke" video is terrific, and focuses on great coin vanishes and reproductions, stand up routines and a classic underhanded coins across....

Also, Knich-A-Knihc is a terrific matrix routine.

Steve
Courage is the willingness to be afraid and act anyway!
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3854 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Hi Alan,
Back in 1985 in West Germany, I made four coin move tapes, teaching all basic and advanced coin sleights. They were distributed with Videonics here (Master Coin Technique - programs 86, 87, 88 and 89) and were the first tapes of their kind, containing also many of my unpublished retention techniques. L&L has them, and will clean them up and re-release them in the future. They may still sell the original versions. They currently are selling my tapes from 1986 (Knockout Coin Magic), and have put together three of them in DVD format. There are a lot of new, unpublished, as well as standard sleights explained on these tapes, and I think they will give you the info you are looking for.

Michael Rubinstein
First edition of Rubinstein Coin Magic sold out in RECORD TIME, and the supplies of the reprint are dwindling fast! I just managed to snare two more copies from the distributor, available to be signed! And all orders from me come with a special FREE GIFT!! Be sure to send all ordering inquiries to me at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!! ORDER YOURS TODAY!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used on the book.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Best books/ videos on coins (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL