The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » 16 Card Index Gems (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zoran
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Zoran
I saw this on the newsletter today from Lybrary.com

Anybody have this and have anything to say about it?

http://www.lybrary.com/sixteen-card-index-gems-p-902.html
“When you can be your own best audience and when your applause is the best applause you know of, you’re in good shape.”LRH
scarnecky
View Profile
Veteran user
Utah
330 Posts

Profile of scarnecky
I just bought this, I will have a review shortly.

Scar
scarnecky
View Profile
Veteran user
Utah
330 Posts

Profile of scarnecky
This little e-book is one of those real GEMS. From the way people used to talk and write

(in this case first publication in 1943)

to the thought and background that you can feel while perusing the pages. The simplicity of such a common item "Index" is sometimes easy to overlook, and this book has reminded me of why I should keep my mind open to the possibilities.

Obviously there are many different variations of both using the index and just as importantly using indexes that are NOT limited to just playing cards.

Without describing every effect I have cut and pasted my favorite GEM from this neat little book:
The duplicate pack is passed to a member of the audience who is requested to give it a good shuffle.

You now tear a sheet out of a packet of cigarette papers and write a prediction on it, making it into a ball and placing it in a glass tumbler, which is left in full view. The assistant with the pack is then requested to offer it to someone else to select a card.

The card is shown to the audience whilst performer's back is turned, and then replaced in the pack which is again shuffled, and handed back to performer.

He now requests the name of the chosen card, and when this is called he repeats the name and says: — "Before we commenced this experiment, what I endeavoured to do was to predict the name of the card the gentleman in the audience was going to select."

Tipping out the ball of paper, he hands it to his assistant who reads out aloud "You will select the Nine of Diamonds" —or whatever card is required!

Hope this helps any who is interested.

Sincerely

Brad "Scarnecky" Gordon
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » 16 Card Index Gems (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL