The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » New Marketing Book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
millste
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of millste
Hi everyone, I just finished my marketing ideas book with lots of great ideas for magicians and entertainers to make more money. The ebook has over 100 innovative ideas and lots of cool web resources. It sells for just $10, as it wanted to make it cheap enough so anybody can afford it. Let me know if anyone has any questions, or PM me if interested or post here. Thanks.

Josh
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20386 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Who are you exactly?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
millste
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of millste
I was a full time magician for a number of years, but I am not sure what else you are refferring to.
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
Could you supply a bit more information about your product so we have a better idea as to what is included and who is telling us how to be more successful please?

Thank You.
Dean Hankey, *M.D. - The Dean of Success Solutions!
Serving & Supporting YOU and Your Success!
"Book More Shows... Make More Money... SERVE MORE PEOPLE! - Not Necessarily In That Order…"

(*Marketing Doctor) Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20386 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I guess I am getting at the fact that a mystery poster is asking us to take advice and we have nothing to compare it too.

If you gave us some indication of who you are and how these things will help us make decisions, and where your background lies, we could then see what qualifies you to sell marketing products.

Full time magician for a number of years, and was? What is that number?

You are being very vague for a guy selling marketing tools.

Why does it shock you that we would like to simply know who you are and a bit about what you are selling?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
bubbleburst2004
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of bubbleburst2004
Do the people who gave you "crazy marketing ideas" a week ago
get a free copy of the book?

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=44&26

Actually, are those ideas in the book?

bb
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Hello Josh,

I'm afraid I have to side with my fellow skeptics here. It seems strange that someone has a product to sell but wants to remain anonymous. No contact info, no complete name, no website...nothing. From a marketing standpoint it just doesn't make sense.

As performers we are used to having to show our goods to clients in order for them to take us seriously and understand we have what it takes to back up the talk.

I'm not doubting your book or the advice in it. I'm simply saying we see WAY to many newbies who want to make a quick buck selling advice to others here on the web when the truth is they have nothing real to offer. We just can't take them serious unless they will show us their product comes from experience and knowledge that we may benefit from. An empty profile is not the way to do this.

Best,

Tim

Day 22
millste
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of millste
Sorry for the vagueness guys, as I was on my way out to see my father in the hospital and just wrote it up quickly to add later. My name is Josh Gair and I was a full time magician for 7 years. That may not seem like a long time and it isn't as I am young, just 23 yrs old. I can already see the onslaught of people questioning my young age and experience. All I can say is, I was ignorant and busted my a** and I suppose that is how I did magic in restaurants and close up full time for 7 years as I started in high school. I used to live in new jersey where I was mentored by Bob Little. I now live in orlando florida and now run a talent booking agency, booking local entertainers for various companies which I enjoy very much. I also helped come up with some magic tricks for local magic shops like daytona magic, but my experience is that I made my living with magic full time for a while, but I learned a lot of things while failing to figure out what worked and what didn't. I initially wrote the ebook for myself just to keep track of all my ideas and that was it and then thought others could benefit. I hope we can all help each other. The book does not have a website as it is just $10 so I did not bother with one. The book has some cool innovative ideas to get bookings, some core fundamentals and great websites to use and help with bookings. The web resource http://www.freebooksforall.com is one of the links in the book and I think this alone may be worth $10. Oh well, I am going to have easter with my father. I truly hope that when I come back to read here, it is not world war 7 in regards to critizing everything about me. I am not an info marketer selling a $395 course, just a guy who worked hard and got some breaks early in life. Thanks and if anyone is not happy with the $10 ebook I will refund their money.
millste
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of millste
Here are another couple freebie websites with tons of creative marketing ideas for any business that you can adapt, although my book is not all websites, just the back portion which has a good number of them. These are from the book, but I hope everyone benefits from the info on them.

http://www.stuff4business.com

http://www.copyblogger.com

http://www.hellomynameisscott.blogspot.com/

http://www.frugalmarketing.com - read the marketing tips archive.

http://www.makeuseof.com - go to the tools section for top 100 new web applications and new wesbites as there are some neat tools for business, free.

http://improveyourinternetmarketing.com/

I hope these are helpful.

Josh
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20386 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Well I wouldn't expect to sell too many LOL.

"Got breaks early"? How do you teach that exactly?

I remember the good old days when people with experience in what they were writing about wrote books.

Oh well I am nostalgic I guess. But then again nostalgia ain't what it used to be.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
joshlondon17
View Profile
Special user
San Diego, CA
685 Posts

Profile of joshlondon17
It's funny that you post a link to a website (www.freebooksforall.com) and under the "business books" link there is a title about 4-5 books down that says "60 Effective book marketing ideas" or something like that. Here's a direct link: http://www.bestsellingauthor.com/downloa......gies.pdf

Josh, maybe you should read that ebook before trying to sell yours. I have no doubt (maybe some since you don't have a website or any personal info) that you busted your a**, but we all did and are currently still doing it.

I am pursing a career as a physician while working full time, going to school full time and doing 2-3 speaking engagements a month. I'm quite busy and barely have time to do much of anything.

So for someone like yourself to say "I got breaks early" is a slap in the face to people like me who've worked hard for everything they have and who will continue to work hard.

If your are such a great marketer than you might want to put a little more effort into marketing your ebook the right way. Because, Josh, what you are doing is the wrong way and you'll sell nothing. Plus, people who make money by running their own entertainment company don't really need to sell $10 marketing books with little ideas to magicians. And, what ideas of yours are worth noting? The way you can add OTHER PEOPLE'S websites to your book?

Josh London
millste
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of millste
Figures, what I meant by lucky breaks was it depends on what you call lucky breaks. So people think being in the right place at the right time is lucky. I do not NEED to sell little $10 books to magicians, just thought I would try to help some people out. I am not going to debate this, as I am too busy. When you guys want to have an intelligent conversation, let me know. Noting a website of someone's does not make it less credible. Now I know why pros do not come to the Café on a regular basis.
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
Thanks Josh for the additional info... I hope you do not think I was being "critical" in any way shape or form. I was not. Only "curious" as to who I was going to take some helpful advice from so I know how to ‘frame’ it in my learning mix.

Count ME IN for a copy.

Who do I send my PayPal to?

Thinking of YOU and Your Success!

I am at your service and In HIS Service,
Deano (like to know who is speaking) in Reno
<><
"Book More Shows... Make More Money... SERVE MORE PEOPLE! - Not Necessarily In That Order…"

magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Milste,

I think anyone sharing any type of experience and collective ideas for just ten bucks is a great deal!
millste
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of millste
Dean,

Your copy has been emailed to you as an attachment. I sent the book to Results@TheDean.net . I also sent you the invoice for paypal.com payment in email form. You can pay thru that. Let me know if you have any questions or need more help.

P.S. I had a feeling you would want one as the pros know how cheap it is for the info and I am not getting rich off it.

JOsh
millste
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of millste
Thanks curtis. Let me know if you need help with anything at all.

Josh
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
Yeah... I just chcked my eMail and saw it there, but you knew that. Hehehehe!

Thanks!

I will send you the PayPal from a diffeent Account than you send to... no biggy, just look for it in about an hour.

magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Dean,

Your reviews?
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
I've got it... and I will get to it as soon as I can.

"Service" was good. This always the best way to start!

Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1229 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » New Marketing Book (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL