The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » New Marketing Book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1424 Posts

Profile of Gerry Walkowski
Tim:

That'll set magic back 30 years.

Gerry
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Hi Josh,

I'm also in Orlando, Florida and have a pretty good working relationship with most of the talent agents, but I have never ran across you before.

Because of many unscrupulous "talent agencies" exist all talent agencies here in Florida must be state licensed, I attempted to do a talent agent license check through the Florida Department of Professional Business Regulation's web site at http://www.myflorida.com/dbpr/pro/talent/index.html using your name, but no results were found. Is your talent agency under someone elses name? Are you licensed?

I may wish to submit some promotional materials, but I just want to make sure you are a legitimate agent first.

Regards,

Lyndel
Johnnie Blaze
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of Johnnie Blaze
Well to be honest I kinda skimmed through this post .. it is about marketing , and how we should do it .. for stsrters he could not even begin to convince me or anyone else for that matter that he has a clue as to what he is talking about. don't you think if you knew anything about marketing , you would have a WAY better start to marketing your marketing ideas
still clueless
John
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1224 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
This is Josh's agency http://www.impactentertains.com/
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1224 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20273 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
How can he be in the business for over a decade? (that is 10 years right?) and be only 23?

I am suspicious already. But I will continue to look.

The list of "celebrities" seems sparce, and not really top notch. KC and the Sunshine band?

At least they return phone calls quickly LOL.

Good luck Josh.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
joshlondon17
View Profile
Special user
San Diego, CA
685 Posts

Profile of joshlondon17
I think Johnnie summed up this thread pretty well. That was what I was getting at, but he articulated it better.

Danny, maybe Josh has been booking/performing shows for 10 years. Seems a little long, but what do we know?

Myself, I did my first paid performance purley by dumb luck at 15 for Sony. My dad worked at Sony and introduced me to the VP of the San Diego division at a summer picnic and I did a 30 minute show a few months later. Maybe that is what Josh means when he talks about "getting an early break." I view it as stupid-dumb-luck. But...I've been performing for 8 years now.

I think it's interesting Josh really isn't defending his honor or AT LEAST giving us some marketing advice... other that other business websites.

jl
joshlondon17
View Profile
Special user
San Diego, CA
685 Posts

Profile of joshlondon17
Just noticed I have 666 posts and I don't want that curse, excuse this post, haha

jl
nucinud
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1297 Posts

Profile of nucinud
Quote:
On 2008-03-24 08:48, Lyndel wrote:

Because of many unscrupulous "talent agencies" exist all talent agencies here in Florida must be state licensed, I attempted to do a talent agent license check through the Florida Department of Professional Business Regulation's web site at http://www.myflorida.com/dbpr/pro/talent/index.html using your name, but no results were found. Is your talent agency under someone else's name? Are you licensed?

By not finding him on the official site, you answered your own question Lyndel.
"We are what we pretend to be" Kurt Vonnegut, jr.

Now U C It Now U Don't

Harry Mandel

www.mandelmagic.com
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Quote:
On 2008-03-24 21:53, nucinud wrote:
By not finding him on the official site, you answered your own question Lyndel.

Yep... Just letting other folks know what I found out...

It's the former law enforcement experience in me that drives me to verify things like that...

Lyndel
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
IT is amazing that some people always find a way to tear down others dreams/achievements.
nucinud
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1297 Posts

Profile of nucinud
Quote:
On 2008-03-24 22:33, magicofCurtis wrote:
IT is amazing that some people always find a way to tear down others dreams/achievements.

I understand where Lyndel is coming from. You can't take things at face value especially when it doesn't sound right. And since Lyndel knows the law, he just wants to make sure things are legal.

Now U C It Now U Don't

Harry Mandel

www.mandelmagic.com
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Nucinud

IT seems like many on this thread has been rough on this kid. He is staying out of trouble and trying to be productive and create a business for himself. Is he perfect? I doubt such but is he on the right path? I would say yes....
nucinud
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1297 Posts

Profile of nucinud
Curtis, you could be right. But after dealing with agents and marketing "experts" for over 18 years, I am very skeptical to say the least. Better safe than sorry sort of thing.

Would love to hear what Dean has to say.

Now U C It Now U Don't

Harry Mandel

www.mandelmagic.com
millste
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of millste
I cannot beleive what is being said about me when I was just trying to help. Although I am not surprised. I do not need this on my consience, so for that reason I am giving the marketing book away for FREE!! Yes, free no strings attached. I apologize to all that have paid for it. If you want a free copy, send me an email to MAGICJSG@aol.com . It is not worth the sales, and I am too busy to debate this. This is my last post on this topic. I truly hope the book helps people as I am sure it will. If you want to tell me something send me an email.

Josh
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Millste,
Do not give your book away!!! Free has no value.... LEarn to over look what others have to say take constructive thoughts and learn from them..... Over look the blabbers....
millste
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of millste
Yeah, you know what curtis, you are right.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20273 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Ok now you did it Curtis.

NOBODY said he should give it away, I certainly never advocated that.

So Tim, Lyndel and I are blabbers huh? Is that your position? Just to clarify.

My problem is with the instant experts. Been in the business a big 7 years, and on the site claims to have been doing this for over a decade. So since he was 13 he was providing entertainment? The claim is giving the truth scope would you not say?

So does this make me a blabber? The fact that mathematically and chronologically he can't seem to keep a story straight? Or does it make the claim a little disingenuous? Our fault for pointing it out, or his fault for doing it? HMMM?

Curtis here is where my problem lies. Nobody is trying to put down the kids dreams. BUT he is offering to help people with what may or may not be his own ideas here. He is putting something forth not as his "dreams" but rather as a book that is going to help aspiring magicians. He does not have the experience to back up what it is he is trying to sell. The fact that Mr. Master Marketer tried to keep his age and his lack of experience out of the first post, and was SHOCKED we would want to know who was selling us the information shows this.

Why is it every kid who gets a new computer and a word program wants to be an instant marketing expert? Where is the track record of success? Where is the trial and error? Where is the list of accomplishments?

Curtis you are acting like we are the ones wrong here. So what information is here that is new, and not rehashed old techniques?

I agree free has no value, and Mr. Marketing expert should ALREADY KNOW THIS. I find it another red flag to be frank about it. So point out what we did wrong for me Curtis. I am interested.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Quote:
On 2008-03-25 04:25, Dannydoyle wrote:
Ok now you did it Curtis.

Curtis here is where my problem lies. Nobody is trying to put down the kids dreams. BUT he is offering to help people with what may or may not be his own ideas here. He is putting something forth not as his "dreams" but rather as a book that is going to help aspiring magicians. He does not have the experience to back up what it is he is trying to sell.

Curtis you are acting like we are the ones wrong here. So what information is here that is new, and not rehashed old techniques?

I received my copy this evening and breezed through it. I must ask at the level I have achieved in my career is it great for me? I would say for ten bucks it is the best marketing course on the net and it does not hurt me a bit to read through it as it did get me to think or rethink new/some ideas. Maybe Josh is not an experience expert but he does provide a tool that COULD be valuable to someone who is starting in this wonderful business of MAGIC! I believe this course will give a beginner some guidance and get the brain juices flowing.

Did I wish I had this 10 years ago.... YES....
I think Josh might have achieved more in his few years verses some of the others on here in their 10 years.
I think how some memebers are treating the kid about being an agent or if he is registered is a bit off. If one doesn't like his practices don't register with his company, but don't flaunt his wrong doings in a public form instead educate the kid.

Josh, if you want to do special events... LOOK up http://www.ISES.com and find your local chapter. You will learn a lot from this wonderful group as well as connect with some great leads.
And many of you who does show for special events you should already be attending their meetings and networking with ISES.... HMM do you need to know what ISES stands for? LOOK it up! Smile

Until then enjoy the dancing banana Smile

P.S
Danny reread what I wrote in my other post:
Josh - "Learn to over look what others have to say take constructive thoughts and learn from them..... Over look the blabbers...."

IF you think I called you a blabber -It is like you are saying you are not having constructive thoughts for the kid.... (WINK)
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1224 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Curtis said:"If one doesn't like his practices don't register with his company, but don't flaunt his wrong doings in a public form instead educate the kid."

Curtis, didn't you issue a public challenge to David Blaine "unveiling the 8 mistakes he made." That was all pretty public... really, you could have contacted him privately and educated him...

Personally, I don't blame the others for displaying scepticism at the claims of millste
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » New Marketing Book (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL