The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Getting "Hung Up" on Rope Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1265 Posts

Profile of rklew64
But if you want a more mature thing, how about a tie holder like this - I get the feeling you may like the fancy prop holders.
http://www.leathergiftitems.com/Mens-lea......109.html
You get the idea, I wouldn't pay that but I sure do know of other places that are waaay less expensive and not in leather, but in vinyl, or cordura nylon! Notice the small pouch holder - perfect for a 3" brass ring etc.
So as a matter of fact google necktie holders for rope storage ideas. Perhaps get a nice little wood box for those pre-made knots or rope loops or stuff to further organize and separate rope related tricks and supplies.
Ohh what about those boxes that look like old classic books, they come in different sizes and shut close by magnetic clasp like on cabinets kinda.
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1265 Posts

Profile of rklew64
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1265 Posts

Profile of rklew64
If you have a favorite book on rope magic, scan the cover or jacket and slap it on a box that may match and you got a Rope Magic book box carrying ropes! ha
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1265 Posts

Profile of rklew64
I understand a budget needs to be respected then it's back to what everyone else uses and me - Costco - Ziplock - storage dilemma gone. oh and the sharpie to label the bags. When performing, How about food saving a length of rope for a cut and restored for that fresh vacuum packed rope trick, good way to bring out and introduce the pair of scissors - Stupid idea, yeaaa. I like corny and stupid. but I like to infuse hopefully comedy/humor in tricks. Some tricks work better with less patter and rely on the visual obviousness. What the he11 am I talking about. enjoy, gotta put the kids down for the evening.
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1265 Posts

Profile of rklew64
Ok, last one -promise
http://www.menswallet.com/132.html, cheaper and the inside small compartment snaps close and for $18. I know I'm getting one now, thanks for getting me to brain storm a little. I'm going to use it to hold prof's nightmare, a wand, 2 silks and maybe finger ring and a silver morgan because of the silks. and see how a pair of scissors look in it , want to maintain a certain flatness to it. ok gone!
JonathanM
View Profile
Veteran user
Jonathan
352 Posts

Profile of JonathanM
I do a 3 rope routine (fiberoptic moves) + a 3' ring. I carry it around with the 3 "equal length" ropes tied to the 3' ring. It's easy to carry around because it's all tied together. So, I don't need anything special to store the ropes.

My routine starts out by untying the ring from the 3 ropes and let someone look at the ring..and begin routine with the 3 rope count.

I hope this comment "fits in" with the topic of storage???
Jonathan Meyer
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
www.jonathanmagic.com
malaki
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of malaki
When I was still in high school and learning magic, I used to put the two longer ropes of the PN through a belt loop and tie them together with the short rope.

To store the PN I line up the long and medium ropes, then double them over until they are about 4"-5" long, then secure the bundle with the small rope. This makes it quick and easy to find in the magic bag and it takes up the least amount of space. It also fits into a jacket pocket quite nicely.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Getting "Hung Up" on Rope Magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL