The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Please help with website , thx (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
magicmonty
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland
118 Posts

Profile of magicmonty
Well said skip...i could not of put it any better myself .
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2298 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Princess Alexa,

Where were you when I was seventeen? Oh ya, you weren't born yet. I wish I had someone as giving as you when I was learning. Thank you for your helpful post. You give us older guys hope in the next generation. Keep up the good work.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
alexa
View Profile
Veteran user
NJ
393 Posts

Profile of alexa
Thanks Ken. I am in Jersey too. Do you know Joe and Bobbi Festa in Atlantic City? I haven't seen you at any magic clubs...

Alexa
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2298 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Joe and Bobbi are my mentors! Great people. I'm not a club person but my wife and I will be at the IBM/SAM convention this year. I hope to meet you soon.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
Red Shadow
View Profile
Inner circle
1779 Posts

Profile of Red Shadow
Wow, I just logged back on and read all this!

Definitely remove the site, or at least the stolen parts. I understand using one person's website as a template, but you have to change it a lot before you can claim it your own.

As for listing reviews, as I said in my first post, I would drop the entire section. It doesn't prove anything, and whenever I see reviews like this on a site; I get put off. I demonstrate my talents through videos and LOTS of pictures. Its pretty easy to do with a simple camera.
As for faking reviews, off course, you should never have to. If your not getting positive feedback from your clients after every show, then seriously your in the wrong business. But what you had listed was minimal and very dated. It was doing more harm than good, which was my original point.

As for building websites, I'm a secondary school ICT Teacher, so I do it all the time. If its something you want to learn, e-mail me and I'll send over some tutorials. For a more direct video response, type front-page tutorial' or 'Dream weaver tutorial' etc. into You-tube, there are lots on there. You can even make websites with Microsoft Word, so there are no excuses for not learning.

Steve
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7442 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Hi Steve -

You may not like to use testimonials in your marketing, but they are a powerful form of sales evidence. Other forms of evidence, for customers to read/see, that you indicate are good/that you can help them, include video clips, photos, customer lists, live auditions, etc.

I've been using testimonials in mailings and online for a very long time. I've never had a customer say that I made them up. I have the hard copy letters that I pull the quotes from, and I'm happy to supply them.

Some performers let their potential customers even call their past customers (with permission).

Some things that are even more powerful is if the potential customer has seen you themself (at another show), or has been referred to you by another satisfied customer. This is the truer form of testimonials. Some performers run their business just by this method alone (without a website presence, etc.)

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Scott O.
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
1141 Posts

Profile of Scott O.
Quote:
On 2008-03-25 11:15, alexa wrote:
I charged $75 for a fourth birthday party. Now I charge a helluva lot more, and her daughter just turned seven. I have gotten to celebrate with them many of times.

I'm smilin' as I write this, but I just have trouble picturing someone named Princess Lexilloo saying "helluva lot more."

It sounds like you're doing things right though.

Scott Smile.
Do not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time you will reap a harvest, if you do not give up. Galatians 6:9
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
James, I'll have you know the local brothel has the best lunch specials on sandwiches in town and I like a good bargain. It has little to do with me being in a good mood.
Vegasvent
View Profile
Loyal user
Phoenix
288 Posts

Profile of Vegasvent
Dude....like,Wow!
Magical Phil-Kidzshow, LLC

"My Wife says that either all of my Stuff goes, or she does......" "Boy, I'm sure gonna miss her cookin'."
Michael M.
View Profile
New user
Ex-Brit in the USA
34 Posts

Profile of Michael M.
Quote:
On 2008-03-25 21:28, MagicSanta wrote:
James, I'll have you know the local brothel has the best lunch specials on sandwiches in town and I like a good bargain. It has little to do with me being in a good mood.

"Children's performer eats at local brothel before being "entertained" himself...film at 11".
Santa, I so hope the elves and Mrs. Claus do not know....
And, out of curiosity, are you serious?;)
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Where I work is close to one place that serves lunch where one can go and have time to eat and get back....it is next door and it is The Wild Horse Brothel, Bar, and Grill. They have a very good grill and also a Mustang Ranch museum, 24 hour free parking for truckers including security guards in a well lit (with red lights) lot. It is completely legal and owned, I believe, by the president of the local Hells Angels. Now if you are asking me if I go there for anything besides lunch the answer is no, I've never entered the brothel itself and don't intend to and yes my wife knows that is where I have lunch every so often. For your entertainment my county has four or five other brothels including the one featured on HBO and guess what, I've performed at the preschool in front of that one and guess who's kids are there? Go ahead....guess!
Michael M.
View Profile
New user
Ex-Brit in the USA
34 Posts

Profile of Michael M.
I was sincerely hoping that you weren't..umm...taking in "all the goodies"!
;)
LMAO that is too funny! That could be a reality tv show, right there!
alexa
View Profile
Veteran user
NJ
393 Posts

Profile of alexa
Princess Lexiloo doesn't say that. Alexa does. SmileI am still a teenager....
Bradley Roberts
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas
413 Posts

Profile of Bradley Roberts
Great website Alexa! Keep up the great work.

Jerry has some good help now that we are offering to help him out. This is what the forums are all about... Magicians helping Magicians Smile

Cheers,

B-Rad
B-Rad "The Kids Magician"
Brad Kids Magic Website
"A child's smile is one of life's greatest blessings."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Please help with website , thx (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL