The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Water Torture Cell (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jeff007
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Jeff007
We are in search of a Water Torture Cell to use in an upcoming show. We need for it to be safe, but a very strong version. We especially like the ending to Brett Daniels version of the Water Torture Cell, and possible want to find a version fairly similar to the one he has used. I am aware that Owen Magic has one for sale, but would greatly appreciate any suggestions or other ideas on where to obtain the best possible Water Torture Cell.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff
zigmont
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of zigmont
I just had a magic colleague shop for one and with my advise went with the best model at the best price with Bill Smith Magic Ventures (702 897 1224)
He was very happy with it.

It comes complete with pump and can be moved around easy with the castors he uses.

He made the Brett Shadow gimmick.

He can help guide you to find one for rent as well.

This illusion has real danger.
Zigmont
Magic F/X
Kendrix
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of Kendrix
I have quit performing the one I have because of the inherent danger. Life's too short for what I get paid for doing it.
Jeff007
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Jeff007
Thanks a lot for your comments. I greatly appreciate them, and thank you for taking the time to respond.

Sincerely,

Jeff
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1829 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Kristen is performing this escape on Live TV in April as part of the Midwest Lock Show and Escape Artists Convention. She will be perfoming this going in upright as opposed to upside down. However, she will be doing a visual escape, which to our knowledge has only been done once before. The live audience and TV audience will actually watch as she picks, shims and manipulates the locks, cuffs, transport box and chains. Then she will have to reach outside through the lid and pick the police supplied locks that secure the lid in place. For anyone nearby Indianapolis or heading to the lock show, this will take place right outside the hotel where the show takes place, on Friday April 26th.

Kevin
http://www.livingillusions.com
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Hey Jeff. Why are you set on the Water Torture Cell??? If you need a back-up idea, what about the milk can!!!

Hey Steve, whats' the price range for the cell these days??? Smith? Jeff - Second hand from Owens??

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam1"
Saydean
View Profile
Loyal user
Omaha,Nebraska
206 Posts

Profile of Saydean
Kevin,
You got one hell of a woman there.Break a leg!Tell us about the rehearshal process,how many times to perfect it ? How much time from when Kristen enters the water untill she escapes? BTW the office party is on it's way to you.
Dutch
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
Milk can is a great idea. My friend bought a steel drum escape which works on the same idea of the milk can. They are reasonably priced.
zigmont
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of zigmont
Blair-My buddy bought a water torture cell with another illusion at the same time for around 18,000.00 for his needs.

Kevin- Do a morning show at 7AM?

Eddiekap- Milk can can be real strong as I have hired two different acts who performed on tour with me.
Zigmont
Magic F/X
Kendrix
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of Kendrix
I think doing it upright makes it much safer. Although, it doesn't seem as impossible. I always mounted a fresh charged "Spare Air" in the corner. It is availible from Scuba shops.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Water Torture Cell (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL