The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Jumbo Blank Faced Playing Cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dave1216
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of Dave1216
I did a search here on the Café but cannot find anyone who knows where to get blank faced jumbo playing cards.

Any ideas?

David
My new DVD ("The magic of David Corsaro") is now available from your favorite dealer. Watch the DVD that Daryl, Jon Allen, Shawn Farquhar, Boris Wild, Marc DeSouza, Asi Wind and Paul Green ALL ENDORSE.

Visit www.timetobeawesome.com to watch the new weekly Video Blog for magicians, "Time to be awesome."
gadfly3d
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of gadfly3d
Try Haines House of Cards in Ohio http://www.haineshoc.com
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1738 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Do you need a whole deck or just a couple of cards? Send me a PM, I will tell you how easy it is to do them yourself. Or you can get them from me, custom made.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
Vernest
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of Vernest
I like to study the making of gaffed cards. I'm not as great as Gary Plants or Don England, but its good enough for how little I use them Smile
Anyway, something that I use is Acetone. This will melt off the ink off the cards. Unfortunately the texture of the card will also change, but it makes a much better product than using an eraser.

Here is what you do:

You go to Home Depot and buy a canister of Acetone. It will be in the paint section. It is used to scrape away paint.

You want to apply it to a piece of kitchen towel paper. When you take the ink off the card, start from the top and wipe down. Do that same movement again. Do not rub, you want to be sliding the paint off to the edge of the card in one direction.
With practice you'll see what I mean. If you rub it its a mess and you'll hurt the card's texture more.

Also, do this in a ventilated area. Acetone isn't good to breathe for long periods of time. The liquid will evaporate really fast, so be aware of that when you are using it.

Hope this helps you. It sure helps me Smile

Irv
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4854 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
You might try this: Get some white opaque Contac paper. Cut a piece slightly larger than the jumbo card. Stick it to the face of the card. Next, cut around the edge of the card with a sharp utility knife or Exacto knife removing the excess paper. Press it flat for a few minutes and you're done.
ChrisK
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of ChrisK
Nice ideas, will definitely be looking to try them out.
Dave1216
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of Dave1216
Thanks Everyone. If Anyone else has any other ideas, please let me know.

David
My new DVD ("The magic of David Corsaro") is now available from your favorite dealer. Watch the DVD that Daryl, Jon Allen, Shawn Farquhar, Boris Wild, Marc DeSouza, Asi Wind and Paul Green ALL ENDORSE.

Visit www.timetobeawesome.com to watch the new weekly Video Blog for magicians, "Time to be awesome."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Jumbo Blank Faced Playing Cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL