The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Great Commission (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rickfcm
View Profile
Veteran user
lower Michigan
376 Posts

Profile of Rickfcm
I will be teaching in a few weeks on Mat 28, the great commission. I have several ideas but would like any input on others. What I have so far is using a sponge ball routine from Laflins book on spreading faith and another one of producing a small globe. Also have a vent routine from my wife. Just looking for any other ideas you would like to share.
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1767 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
How about something along the lines of a production of a telephone to illustrate communication and sharing our faith, or a production a laptop computer to illustrate the the ability of using the internet to "go into all the world" and how believers are commanded to do the same?

I did a bare handed production of a cell phone the other week for a group of about 15 children to illustrate prayer and the same can be done for the Great Commission illustration.

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2472 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Barry Mitchell in The Art of Thinking Creatively has his "Prayer Phone" which could be adapted to the Great Commission. Some great lines and, for lack of a better word, "gags" that get the message across.

RevJohn
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2472 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Another idea, and one that I use for talking about "All Saints Sunday": Using a change bag, one side is loaded with slips of paper that all have stars on them. You have a handful of slips of paper that are blank that are prefolded, so you can fold them easily. One of the slips has a star.

You mention that for the next part, you need to have one person selected, so you will mix up these slips of paper, and the person who gets the star gets to be the person to help. But, you let them know, keep it quiet until I ask who has the star (I hold the paper against my body showing that no one is to see it).

You put the pieces of paper in, and have them each select one.

When you ask who has the star, and everyone raises their hand. "That is great, because what I wanted to tell you about is how God wants to use all of us. God wants all of us to share the good news of God's grace."

RevJohn
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1767 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Quote:
On 2008-03-24 22:45, RevJohn wrote:

When you ask who has the star, and everyone raises their hand. "That is great, because what I wanted to tell you about is how God wants to use all of us. God wants all of us to share the good news of God's grace."

RevJohn

I like it!

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
Rickfcm
View Profile
Veteran user
lower Michigan
376 Posts

Profile of Rickfcm
Thank you all, I like the ideas.
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2234 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Quote:
On 2008-03-24 22:45, RevJohn wrote:
Another idea, and one that I use for talking about "All Saints Sunday": Using a change bag, one side is loaded with slips of paper that all have stars on them. You have a handful of slips of paper that are blank that are prefolded, so you can fold them easily. One of the slips has a star.

You mention that for the next part, you need to have one person selected, so you will mix up these slips of paper, and the person who gets the star gets to be the person to help. But, you let them know, keep it quiet until I ask who has the star (I hold the paper against my body showing that no one is to see it).

You put the pieces of paper in, and have them each select one.

RevJohn

RevJohn,

I like this idea very much as well. I will be using it in our Jr. Church program Sunday. Thanks for sharing and God Bless you.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Hay Kif (FX4Christ), would you mind telling us what you believe the Great Commission is?
(this explanation is worth waiting for! giggle giggle)
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1297 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Giggling along with Joe...
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
I'm still giggling from last night thanks to Joe!
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Oops. Sorry Kif. I should not have set you up like that to givve away such a great line from your show. No response is necessary.
Everyone will just have to trust me that his response is VERY funny.

Thanks Glen and Dan. You guys are great.
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1297 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Oh well. But you know , every time I hear the words great commission I think of that and probably always will. LOL
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1631 Posts

Profile of Theodore Lawton
Can someone pm me the punch line?
Magic is the bacon in the breakfast of life.

God bless you and have a magical day
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Great Commission (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL