The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Smokey Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DonHarlan
View Profile
Loyal user
Richmond, VA
296 Posts

Profile of DonHarlan
I've been playing around with the Smokey Magic System lately and am finding it difficult to get a nice puff of smoke out of the chemicals that I have. Thoughts on this one anybody?
“Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.”-Tom Robbins
<BR>
<BR>“One man's "magic" is another man's engineering".-Robert A. Heinlein
John Iacono
View Profile
New user
N. California
53 Posts

Profile of John Iacono
Year ago I use very small amounts of black powder.
Daniel Nicholls
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
390 Posts

Profile of Daniel Nicholls
I like the Ultra Smoke 2000. I;m not familiar with this system.
Close your eyes. Open your senses.
DonHarlan
View Profile
Loyal user
Richmond, VA
296 Posts

Profile of DonHarlan
Quote:
On 2008-04-03 02:57, John Iacono wrote:
Year ago I use very small amounts of black powder.

Are you sure you used black powder with this system?
“Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.”-Tom Robbins
<BR>
<BR>“One man's "magic" is another man's engineering".-Robert A. Heinlein
Ocha
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Ocha
I own smokey magic, you need to "play" with the exact amounts of the two chemicals. I would try increasing the amount of muratic acid. When I say increase I mean a few drops at a time. Also make sure the stoper is FIRMLY inserted in the brown bottle (both bottles actualy). And make sure your lines are clear, they can be cleaned with water. I hope this helps, but if not I hear you can go to Trever Duffey's web site and e-mail him directly.Everyone says He's very friendly and will help you with any problems.

Gerald
I was Me but now He is gone.......
RickThibau
View Profile
Loyal user
Brazil
253 Posts

Profile of RickThibau
The only secret is: get the 'strongest' chemicals you can.

I use only 1ml (sometimes 1,5ml) or muricatic (and 1ml of amonia), I get smoke for hours and hours.

Also, DON'T put use a lot of cotton, just a small piece for the bottle (another for pump of course).
Magicusa
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Magicusa
Gerald
I like your picture.
PepeRuizSJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Denver, CO
249 Posts

Profile of PepeRuizSJ
I've found one more thing. You have to wait a little bit between puffs. When you're practicing you want to use it several times in a row and it produces a weak smoke. In real performance you actually have to wait a while between each puff just because you will probably use it only once per group of spectators, and this gives the chemicals time to get a more dense puff of smoke together.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Smokey Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL