The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Chop Cup (research) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
truesoldier
View Profile
Inner circle
1191 Posts

Profile of truesoldier
Hi dbaker

1 Sorry, In my haste I rushed through your original post, so accept I should have read it properly

2 Thanks for letting me know about your view on the salt shaker

3 Lyle Magic asked said that he couldn't find a preformance clip of Don Alan so I suggested the Greater Magic DVD as a possible solution because it has a 30 minute live preformance section that includes his routine. (Remember not everything is in the public domain sometimes you gotta pay for things, and that includes preformance only clips) We gotta try to think before youtube or passing on copyright material.
Bluzzmagic
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
70 Posts

Profile of Bluzzmagic
Lyle,

If you have real media player on your computer this should work for you. It is Don Alan doing his routine on the TV show That's incredible:

http://members.tripod.com/vidaccess/

I don't have real media player currently...but am thinking about installing it just for this clip. I had the clip a while back in Windows Media format and I loved it.
"Lying with his eyes while his hands are busy working overtime." J. Lennon & P. McCartney
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2413 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
Every gig since Dec.03/2005:

with this routine

and a Mad Jake (RNT2) Mini Don Alan.

~jdg
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
kammagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1304 Posts

Profile of kammagic
Quote:
On 2008-03-28 00:09, Bluzzmagic wrote:
Lyle,

If you have real media player on your computer this should work for you. It is Don Alan doing his routine on the TV show That's incredible:

http://members.tripod.com/vidaccess/

I don't have real media player currently...but am thinking about installing it just for this clip. I had the clip a while back in Windows Media format and I loved it.

Thanks for the Don Alan link! I remember that episode of "That's Incredible!"
Dustin Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1006 Posts

Profile of Dustin Baker
Alright, so everyone hates:
Cup is too bulky
Loads take up too much room
Table space is unavailable

Everyone loves:
Dennis Loomis Chop Cup - which apparently is no longer available.

Well, this is good news for me, thanks folks.
Think inside the box. . . it's less crowded.
Magic_Steve
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1476 Posts

Profile of Magic_Steve
Here ya go...this is an idea I had way back when about using a pill bottle/film canister as a chop cup. I played around with it a bit and made a prototype kinda, but then forgot about it. This thread brought that idea back up again so yea, I'm going to dig it out of the drawer Sunday and get to work! Smile

http://themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic......&forum=5
Dustin Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1006 Posts

Profile of Dustin Baker
I suppose I can leak a bit about the project.

I found a cup several years ago that I thought would be a good chop cup. I gimmicked it and it happens to fit 1" chop cup balls perfectly. I also found some green balls that work perfectly as "jumbo loads" for the cup.

The cup itself is thick plastic - might actually be ceramic. I added the magnet and covered it with a layer of polyurethane to hide it.

Cup, balls, and 2 jumbo load balls can all fit together in one hand - pocket space isn't a problem, nor is use of the table.
Think inside the box. . . it's less crowded.
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
I use the chop cup everytime when working in a restaurant.

the cup is bulky - if you have it in a bag you can hang it on your belt.

the loads take up room = if you put them in your jacket or pants pocket. I have a little bag on my back. hanging on my belt. with an open jacket nothing is seen. this way I keep the back pocket free. the basball loads are the real kicker ending people talk about. it is like illusions where a double assistanst production takes place.

no place available = all I need is a place the sice of my cup. if people just ordered or just finished the space is there. if you politly ask they move thier glass.

when you start with the chop there are some problems but if you overcome them,i did, you have powerful magic. for me I still do all the other stuff.

if I am in a walkaround position, not table available, I do the egg bag.
SeanScottMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of SeanScottMagic
No chop.

I've always liked Paul Harris's routine with the can of peaches. I never got around to doing it as well I wanted. Once I saw a guy name Eric Spoelstra show it to me, I was done with the chop cup. The peach can was about 3" high and rested well in the pocket.

Sean
http://www.theartofseanscott.com
http://WWW.THEARTOFSEANSCOTT.COM
AVAILABLE EFFECTS:

ROAMING
RISE
RENDER
MODOSU
FACTORY LINE
BANDARIZUMU
KI
MXL
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Bob Solari has a great routine using a film canister called Major Development. I like it very much as it takes up very little space in the pocket. The ending is a big surprise!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Chop Cup (research) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL