The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » RNT2 - Jake (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
SeanD13
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, RI
263 Posts

Profile of SeanD13
Well I think it is time I point out some facts that you all may not be aware of. It was not that long ago that I had a long talk with the Mad Clown himself. I shared part of that conversation here in this topic, but there are a few things I thing you may still need to know.

1. Jake was getting well over 200+ spam emails a day in his in-box. So, they installed a new spam filter to stop that problem. With that it was over working and stopping more then just spam. He was missing a lot of emails and had no idea he was not getting them. I do not know if this has been fixed, but that may explain why your emails have gone unanswered. Try send it with a different subject line.

2. Jake Jr. is big enough to walk into the shop now and get into things, and likes to play with the answer machine. They have found that he has a habit of deleting the massages. Then getting them to play. This something they are tring to fix. That might explane why your call calls are not returned. Plus an time Jake is on the phone he is not able to work.

3. I did talk about how Jake is sick, but only a handful of you have a clue of how sick. Lets not go into to much detail but lets just say he is fighting for his life. Nuff said.

4. Last we talked he had a lot of orders to fill. some of his cups are selling faster then he can make them. So, he is doing his best to keep up. Which means that the days he should be resting he is working and burning the candle at both ends.

With all that said, you need to give the guy some space. How would you be holding up if it was you?? Could you stay home and work all day. When your life is getting shorter and shorter? (I didn't think so.) What is more important you cups or a man's life.

So, to all of you that have been attacking the good name of RNT II. Better think again better think again. I take it really personal when you attack a friend of mine. I will not put up with it at all.

Sean
Have you hugged a Cup Junkie lately?

Learn more at www.CupsCon.com
"If We Build It Will you Come?"
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1449 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
I would like to add my sincerest good wishes to Jake and his family.

They have never let me down and I cannot think that they will let anyone else down.
Jake is an honourable man.
RNTII is an honest company.

Jake, Marcy and RNTII have my fullest trust and my respect.

Always.
"But there isn't a door"
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1377 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
I think we need to be fair to those who posted their comments earlier: I don't think they did so with any malice. Although several of us are aware of the upheaval in Jake's life right now, it's not common knowledge. I'm sure they too wish Jake well, like the rest of us. If they read these posts they'll know the reason for the delay and I'm sure will understand the situation a little better.
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3615 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Well said, Richard, and I agree with you. Jim
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2076 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
To those of you who have been patient an supportive, thank you very much. I'm not one to air how sick I am and only my close friends know just how bad off I really am. Fact of the matter is that right not RNT II is keeping my mind off of the seriousness of my disease.

Emails have been a huge problem, any concerns about emails should be directed to richard@rnt2.com he is the RNT II webmaster. He graciously supplies us with the server space and bandwith. To cut back on spam he did migrate the mail server to a private company, unfortunately there have been problems, emails are all be treated as spam, at least 98% of them. I can't even get an email through to Richard using my own RNT II account.

Rudess, what you fail to tell these people is that I have emailed you in the past and that you returned a set of Chrome Combo cups you special ordered from me because you did not like using 3/4" balls. Between spending 180.00 on the chroming and anothe 128.00 in shipping to Taiwan, I have been waiting for a set of Mendozas Nickel Chrome to arrive back from the plater, after losing out on the chroming as I still have the combo set and the $ to ship and reship, I'm waiting until the cups are completed reship one last time.

Mobius, I did send an email stating payment had been recieved and that the cup had swelled and I had to wait for my vendor to get 4" x 4" cocobola in. This email might not have made it as it was around the time Richard had the mail server switched over. The stock is due in this coming week and I'll return the Roswood cup and wand.

John , you said the following...
I can only say that I did finally receive all the orders I placed from October thru December. I am satisfied with ;the workmanship that came - not perfect not fantastic but good solid value.

If there were any issues with any of the products you did not convey them to anyone here. I can't make things right if I don't know there is a problem. Ask others, if someone feels something is not perfect I fix it. End of story. This has always been the way I operate and generally I don't even ask for the defective product back unless it's an engineering issue I need to see or address. As to buying from other Vendors, we no longer supply vendors with props unless they contract us for their own line.

Besides for the new Rice Bowls, Rice Orange and Checkers, the hottest ticket right now is The Mendoza Combo cups. But John quite frankly really ****ed me off with the following post.....

I forgot my very first order and found that I do have one more set left, so if anyone is having difficulty getting a set of the new RNT2 John Mendoza Copper Combo Cups, I have one brand new available for immediate shipment. You can read about them and see them at:

There are 2 reasons for delays in orders, I can't spin them fast enough and John is demanding his orders before other customers and it's burning my fanny. Grant you I made these for John, but John is pushing himself to the front of the line of everyone else, so this is putting me behind even more. I'm about ready to kill the production all together. John knows just how sick I am and continues to put orders in requesting them immediately. Quite frankly, his statement was like undermining any sales through RNT II and directing them to him. **** tactic IMHO.

In other news, we released a set of cups called the SBL Princess cups, immediately, Brett Sherwood was all over us about the ring spacing and threatend legal action, but then again Brett said our Foxy II.V were too much like his cups. Smile Can we say time for a visit to "Pearlvision"? After pulling them and sending some sets out for evaluation, all concluded that these could not be confused with Sherwood cups, so the runs will start back up. But this was time I had to spend talking to others and our attorney. When challenged I don't fold, I RESEARCH. If he did take the company to court, by the time we got there, they will probally have to add an exumation order to get me to court, yes I'm that ill.

Next, David Ben, this guy is a real pain my ass and the sole reason the PF trademark has not made it back through the system yet. David seems to think he holds some power over the PF trademark and can order cease and decist notices from Canada. Since he and people like Riser can't seem to keep their opinions out of the public expect to see maybe one or two more runs.

Then there are the Chemo treatments, ok, 1 day a week, that's only 1 day. Anyone that has had Chemo threapy knows that the entire world is ripped from underneath you days after the treatment, sometimes not even enough strength to lift so much as an 8oz glass of water.

Top off all the background ******** with the fact that struggling to pay for medications and treatments, and I've got my hands and mind full. I'm not looking for any sympathy, just letting everyone know what is going on in my life that is affecting the company.

All in all, I am one person and 99% of the community knows it. I can only do so much, I don't clip anyone, I go out of my way and the extra mile. I appologize for the wait, but remeber you all made us this popular and it has gotten to the point where I can't keep up, this means A. don't order B. Expect a Wait. I know those are ****ty options, but that's the best I can offer along with superior workmanship and products. I could always just choose to say "I don't want to do this anymore" but that would be a lie and probally do me in.

I've always treated people as people and with respect, that's more than I can say for some that refer to Café members as Wannabes and has their Special List. I've never treated anyone in an Elite or arrogant fashion or refer to them as Wannabes, you are humans, friends and customers.

Please, should anyone decide to order, keep them small, 1 or 2 pieces at a time, I can expedite quicker that way without sacrificing quality, I'm very sorry but this is the best I have to offer.

So again my appologies, but this is the best I have to offer for the company right now.
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
rudess
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of rudess
Thanks for the update Jake.

Here are my back orders
1.wand for the copper black beauty
2.RNT II Walking Liberty coin box set
3.slot box 1/2 dollar
4.Foxy Two Combo Cups Brass
5.balls for the stubby don chop cup
6.a regular size combo cups

You know that I always wait patiently.

God Bless you and your family Jake.

Lin
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Jake: Thanks for letting those that moan and groan where they stand. Keep doing what you are doing and do get well. Stay tooned...
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1326 Posts

Profile of rmendez
This David Ben guy keeps it up and we'll make PF hallmarked Beanie Babies.
SeanD13
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, RI
263 Posts

Profile of SeanD13
Now that would be a great way to steam him up.

Wishing you all the best Jake.

Sean
Have you hugged a Cup Junkie lately?

Learn more at www.CupsCon.com
"If We Build It Will you Come?"
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
I think that folks are getting confused as to a persons ability to be compassionate towards a fellow man who's ill (Jake) ......and folks asking about their purchases.

As much as some are trying to make the two topics one and the same, and vilify those who are doing the asking about late deliveries in the process.......they're really two very different things.

NOBODY here would EVER state that they wished anything but for Jake to regain his full health and live a long and happy life with his family. To insinuate that folks asking "where are my cups" are somehow wishing Jake anything but a speedy recovery is idiotic.

The reality is that Jake is sick,
Jake needs to get better,
Jake is continuing to sell product,
Folks are continuing to buy product,
Folks who send their money will (due to human nature) want to know what's happening with their product,
People are generally patient, but at about the four to six month mark most folks begin to get antsy,
And lastly that folks asking about where their stuff is aren't somehow by osmosis also wishing for anything but the best for Jake and his family.

As for the David Ben and Brett Sherwood stuff, it's a private exchange between a guy who's still running a business (Jake) with all the trappings that running a business bring with it and those who may wish to engage him in legal discussions about things he's doing or making.
It's really got nothing to do with Jake being sick, cups being delivered a bit slowly, or anything else that this thread or the general topic of RNTII, Jakes health, or the general and specific well wishes of the magical community towards Jake and his family.

It's none of our business, and I (nor anybody else really) has any real need to know the details.

It's really time to drop this entire topic and leave Jake and RNTII alone.

If anything you've read causes you to presume that waiting an INDETERMINATE and UNDEFINED amount of time for your delivery won't work for you, DON'T order!!!

It's really easy to figure out that if you order, and if you're NOT willing to wait........you're absolutely causing your OWN grief..........it's got nothing to do with Jake or RNTII.

Jake has made his personal and business situation crystal clear a few times on the Café, so it's REALLY not a mystery as to what's going on. Everybody now knows exactly what's going on.

Now what everybody needs to do is ACCEPT it.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2076 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quite the contrary, each time a cease order is issued it takes up 3 days of time, 3 days not in the shop but my head on an attorneys desk just bouncing it up and down, so yes, it is the publics business to know the full extent of wasted time.
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I took Chemo treatments when I was 1/2 Jakes age and each and every session would cripple me for 72 hours at a time! He's tougher that me!
Keep the faith my friend!

Mick
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1377 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Jake: great to see you in feisty form. Keep the spirits up!
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1294 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
Thanks you Jake for the information and I hope you get well quickly.
I never got the e-mail.
Mobius
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2076 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On 2008-04-12 17:46, Richard Evans wrote:
Jake: great to see you in feisty form. Keep the spirits up!

Break a man's spirit and there's not reason for him to exist Smile
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Quote:
On 2008-04-12 17:22, Mad Jake wrote:
Quite the contrary, each time a cease order is issued it takes up 3 days of time, 3 days not in the shop but my head on an attorneys desk just bouncing it up and down, so yes, it is the publics business to know the full extent of wasted time.

Not to be contrary Jake, (but I will be) if folks can't wait 3, 6, or 9 extra days because part of running a business means dealing with this type of thing, then they' have issues that speak to the fact that they shouldn't be ordering and buying hand made, custom built items from a boutique magic manufacturer like RNTII.

Really, other than a public airing of a grievance, it's got nothing to do with anybody but you and the parties involved.

David Ben is the executor of the Dai Vernon estate, and involved on many different levels with magic and magicians. He's not an idiot, and doesn't do things just to bother people.
I'm sure his side of the story is just as interesting, and just as confident that they're right as yours is.

The point is, it's your business, not mine. I (and others as well I presume) understand that running a business means more than just "making stuff". Dealing with lawyers is part of the mix.

Disagree with me if you must, but GET WELL SOON Smile (which was my point!)
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2076 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
If we want to take this trip down memory lane again, I'll gladly post all the pdf paperwork on the RNT II site.

Quote:
On 2008-04-12 17:23, MickeyPainless wrote:
I took Chemo treatments when I was 1/2 Jakes age and each and every session would cripple me for 72 hours at a time! He's tougher that me!
Keep the faith my friend!

Mick

It's my own fault, all the times I didn't "have" time to put on a respirator. The Tripoli has a silca in it that causes cancer. Given the choices, I should have taken the mask, it was a deal I could have lived with a bit better.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
I actually think we're talking about two different things Jake.

My point was to do with your health vs. how quickly things can be made.....with a brief aside to my point being that there was no need to explain any legal quandry's in order to show where you spend your time.

I was also talking about your business being YOUR business, not mine.

I think you're talking about something different.............anyway, I DO wish you good health and long life, ...........Peace and out Smile
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1377 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Hey Jake - I see you're teasing us with new finishes on the cups Smile What does black chrome look like?
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2076 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
My concerns are for the customers and then myself. This is a period in time that can permantly damage us, all due to my health. In the event my brother or one of my children want to keep this machine alive, they have my shadow of damage to overcome, not a burden I easily live with right now.

I've brought in help before, it doesn't work. No one cares. They want a paycheck and that's it. Even my own brother won't put an 18 hour work day in for a company or his own. I'm the complete opposite, I will do what it takes to get the job done, but it has to be done right.

I can appologize till the cows come home for running behind, but it doesn't change the fact that I'm only one person and I won't let shoddy crap go out the door.

RNT II/ SBL Magic, was not suppose to get this big, a few sets here, a few props there. None of us involved ever figured it would become so big so quick. Everyone made us as big as we are, not only the team here, but the customers and people who have supported us both in purchases and praise. I mean, I guess I never figured that into the equation, how do you live up to that being 1 person in a shop?

I've never looked at this company as mine, as a matter of fact it's not, I'm a puppet of this company, it's not Jake, it's RNT II/SBL, nothing more. This is something I do and this is what bothers me so much being downed with poor health. People not only relate the failure to deliver in a wink, which they should expect, but the failure of a person and a company.

Well what is something happens to Jake? That is covered, I guarantee everyone that. If the company has not sold, there is someone to fill my spot and take over until Marcella sees fit to disengage the company. No one's orders will be left or stuck in Limbo and there will NEVER, I repeat NEVER be a Busby type incident.

Again I appreciate eveyones prayers, thoughts, purchases and support. I just ask you to remember I am one person doing the job of many and without sacrificing the quality of product you are purchasing, need extended time to fill orders, especially with newer products that have become popular.

Sincerely and with thanks,
Jake

Quote:
On 2008-04-12 19:21, Richard Evans wrote:
Hey Jake - I see you're teasing us with new finishes on the cups Smile What does black chrome look like?

Richard,
there are several versions or appliques of black chrome, the process we are using or actually having applied is awe inspiring to say the least. The cups actually look like glass encased liquid, this will be known as our Darkness Falls series.

But what will really knock your balls of the cup saddle will be the silver inlay on the Darkness Falls cups. A silver artwork will be applied after the foundation of the black chroming has started and then clear coated what you have is a 3 Dimensional work of art in your hand, the silver look as if it's suspended in liquid.

The Darkness Falls series will also be the foundation and cornerstone for a project we are working on for a Dr. we know overseas Smile

As I said in the past, all client projects will continue pending sale of the company, should the company sell in the intrim, I will stay aboard to see the projects through, but I'm confident my brother and I will be the ones to carry them out.

Jake
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » RNT2 - Jake (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.29 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL