We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » RNT2 - Jake (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2041 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
This just in, just one of my reasons to fight this disease even that much harder.

Click here to view attached image.
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1377 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
That kind of puts things in perspective. Jake - it's incredible how you keep things going. I can't imagine how tough this is for you.
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
lint
View Profile
Special user
Concord, CA
959 Posts

Profile of lint
Go get it Jake! Quite the adorable daughter!
:)

-Todd
"There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip..." -English Proverb
James Kernen
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona
160 Posts

Profile of James Kernen
Quote:
On 2008-04-12 19:40, Mad Jake wrote:
This just in, just one of my reasons to fight this disease even that much harder.

It is all about priorities.... There is no mistake on this one, and that you already know... Smile

Judy will be sad to see that she doesn't look like her dad's avatar though... She keeps telling everyone about her magic friend Jake, the clown with the black bird...

James
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
***It's my own fault, all the times I didn't "have" time to put on a respirator.***

I hear ya man! After getting that blast of CA fumes and our last conversation I've looked like Darth Vader every time I flip the light switch on in the shop!
Beautiful pic of the wee one!

Mick
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2041 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
The bird is dead, I tried duct tape a few times, but then it just looked like one big wad of tape.

After the current chemo, I don't look all that different without the makeup, dark circles under the eyes, skin is pale, you get the idea. Guess the hair is next, good thing still have the puffy wig, imagine if I had called it an Afro wig, boy would that open some paths. Smile

Live, Love, Laugh,
Jake
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2612 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Jake,
As an occasional customer I'm granting you a couple of weeks off.....
Take care of yourself...
Best,
Tom
James Kernen
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona
160 Posts

Profile of James Kernen
Quote:
On 2008-04-12 20:59, Mad Jake wrote:
The bird is dead,

It's not dead....it's resting.......
andrelimantara
View Profile
Special user
Surabaya, Indonesia
869 Posts

Profile of andrelimantara
Wish you all the best, Jake and for your family
I haven't got a hand on your work... Wish for it

Keep Smiling and stay magical

Cheers
Andre
"Good performance comes from good practice, Great performance comes from the heart - Andre Limantara"
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Andre,
If you ever get the chance to own a set of cups by Jake, do so!
SeanD13
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, RI
263 Posts

Profile of SeanD13
It is no secret that I am a fan of Jake's. Everything from his skills as a cups maker to his kind heart. I have always wish and prayed for nothing but well wishings to him and his family.

I know I am not alone in my thoughts when I say "Move at what ever speed you must move to keep going. If you ever get tired let me know I will be more then glad to give you a push."

Your Friend,
Sean
Have you hugged a Cup Junkie lately?

Learn more at www.CupsCon.com
"If We Build It Will you Come?"
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24209 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I haven't been on the Café for the past few days, because I've been in Austin for their auction.

Jake, hang in there, buddy. Do what you have to do.

Bill
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
andrelimantara
View Profile
Special user
Surabaya, Indonesia
869 Posts

Profile of andrelimantara
Quote:
On 2008-04-13 17:02, MickeyPainless wrote:
Andre,
If you ever get the chance to own a set of cups by Jake, do so!

Thanks for the encouragement... I'm still saving for it.... A lot of great things I heard about Jake's work. Since I'm on searching as well to replace my bazaar de magia cup.

Thanks once again
Andre
"Good performance comes from good practice, Great performance comes from the heart - Andre Limantara"
NurseRob
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
469 Posts

Profile of NurseRob
I'd like to thank Jake and RNT2 for the pleasure of doing business with you. From all that I have learned on this forum about this truly great man, I had to jump in and invest in his work. I don't care if it comes fast or slow, This Gentleman's heart is in his work, and that is VALUE to me. Being a novice with only a basic C&B Mark Wilson routine, I know that I will grow into a lifelong appreciation of handling the props this man has made for me.

Since my piggy bank is now empty, I am happy to have given it up for RNT2

FYI I will soon be the proud owner of: The Mendoza Chop Cup and the Sisti Working Professional set in Nickle Chrome. The training wheels are off now brother, Uday's are going in the recycle bin.
Ut imago est animi voltus sic indices oculi ~
The face is a picture of the mind as the eyes are its interpreter ~Cicero
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Congrats on your new additions man! No need to chuck your Uday's as they are your first and deserve a place on a shelf maybe as a reminder of where ya started! I even grab my first cups for fun now and then and when I go back to my gems they feel all the better!
BTW, the Mark Wilson routine is a wonderful starter and a good foundation IMO!

Mick
NurseRob
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
469 Posts

Profile of NurseRob
Ok cup update...they came today and are spectacular. The Sisti's are so beautiful, I cannot stop staring at them, they handle like a dream compared to the uday's ( I will take your advice though Mickey, and keep em for a momento)
Now the John Mendoza Chop cup is what really suprised me though. You cannot appreciate this cup by the photo alone, it is a meaty, warm, and solid cup that you just want to hold forever. The weight of it is so nice and balanced, I had to kick myself for not ordering the whole combo set. BUT instead of causing harm to myself or others, I promptly wrote Jake to get the rest of the JM combo set. He must have been online, cause he responded in minutes, and now the combo set will be complete. I haven't been this in love with anything made of metal since I got my first Smith and Wesson. Thanks Jake and Co. I am one happy dude!
Ut imago est animi voltus sic indices oculi ~
The face is a picture of the mind as the eyes are its interpreter ~Cicero
fortasse
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of fortasse
The Sisti Working Professional cups in aluminum from RNT II are really quite nice too. Beautifully designed without frills. Generally, I don't much care for aluminum cups because of the flimsy, lightweight feel but these are an exception.

Fortasse
James Kernen
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona
160 Posts

Profile of James Kernen
I got some Chromed Gazzo 2's today.... Pretty happy here in AZ...

Thanks, Jake..

James
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Da Mad Clown do make a fine vessel and his lady weaves a wicked orb!
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3486 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
A little before Jake began facing his series of health crises last year,
which necessitated Rings N Things II to scale back on production,
we were talking about releasing “The Ultimate Floating Ball Set”
which would be patterned on the classic RNT zombie-ball designs.

Of course with Jake’s treatments and the slowdown of the company,
our plans had to be put on the back-burner and it’s now a year and some later.

The fact is that there is no “complete” Zombie Floating Ball set available anywhere…
And indeed, since Abbotts ceased their manufacture, it’s difficult to obtain a
professional high-quality, and correctly-made ball anywhere at all!

I’m still optimistic that someday this “Tiffany” of Floating Ball sets can exist,
and it seems as Jake is able to post more and communicate a bit more here on the Magic Café some of his energy and drive could be returning! Do you --Rings N Things II fans and supporters-- feel this would be a product you’d maybe be interested in purchasing down the line?

The set Jake and I envisioned would have included:
--A silver or gold mirror-finish ball in the traditional size (perhaps a larger one too).
--A custom designed and specially fabricated heavy silk foulard (slightly gaffed).
--A “traditional” appearing, but highly revolutionary, re-engineered gimmick.
--Extensive written and illustrated techniques and presentations in a booklet.
--Perhaps a demonstration DVD, maybe including suggested music tracks.
--Perhaps a levitation (and storage) chest to protect the ball.

If Jake thinks he and the company can still attack this project in some future months,
that would be my first and highly preferred choice, as the RNT balls were just fantastic in the past, and Jakes skill with this type of work unparalleled today. If they just can’t manage to work it in, or indeed if the company is sold down the line, I could look for others who might be interested in picking-up-the-ball (so to speak).

In the meantime I’ve been working on the design elements, of everything but the ball and the possible chest, and working on the comprehensive instructions and routines, with the hope this could work out someday.

Just wanted to post this where we’ve been talking about Jake and RNT II,
and see what other’s thoughts or interests might be.

Thanks!
Walt
“Tales of Enchantment: The Art of Magic”
by Walt Anthony
www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com

"spinning tales and weaving enchantment"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » RNT2 - Jake (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL