The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » The Mummy Wrap Illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Does anyone know if there is a an oline video of the Mummy Wrap Illusion being performed? A Google and YouTube search revealed no results...

Thanks,

Lyndel
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Hi Lyndel,

Do a youtube search for " mummy illusion" and you will find it performed by some kids performed along with the WORST Interlude illusion you'll ever see. LOL

Best,

Tim
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Thanks Tim!

I missed this one while checking You Tube. Does anyone else have a source to a different performance of the Wrap?

BTW, was that a Johnny Gaughn Interlude? Smile

Lyndel
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Hmmm.. not sure about if its a Gaughn or not? Maybe others can tell us. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JYoqbUiNIU

BTW... Just in case anyone thinks it mean of me to make fun of this Interlude prop, it should be noted that the performer himself refers to it as crappy. Its a brave first attempt.. that much I'll say.

Best,

Tim

Day 26
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
WOW!I can believe what my eyes see!
Thanks,
Hansel!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1851 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Oh, the days of performing in front of "millions" in your basement. Good times.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3641 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
These guys should do comedy magic at Magic Conventions.

Jim
Christian Illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Ohio (currently located in Missouri)
503 Posts

Profile of Christian Illusionist
Doug Henning did a type of this illusion in the opening number of 'Merlin'.

The kid that was playing the young Merlin would stand in the center of a large sheet and be wrapped in the sheet by two assistants and when the sheet was un-wound, there Doug Henning would be smiling.
We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5359 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Hey for spending 47 cents on props and illusions they got what they paid for! LOL!!!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
Quote:
On 2008-03-26 11:08, Lyndel wrote:

BTW, was that a Johnny Gaughn Interlude? Smile

No, that was a Jimmy Goon illusion. A lot of people make that mistake, but Jimmy's use of appliance boxes and packing foam often set him apart.

Thnks,
Richard
JasonB
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of JasonB
These kids are awesome. I just think its really cool that they had the guts to just make mock ups and do something with them. Although the cosmetics are total crap they actually didn't expose anything. They just remind me of skate kids free styling with stuff in their basement. They're thinking and trying and that's more than I can say for many "magicians".

Just 2 cents, oh wait, I actually meant what I said so I won't put any qualifiers at the end.

JB

P.S. I think Doug did the Mummy from himself to Tony Randal on one of his specials. And Copperfield did a modified version when he turned "old" in his artist dream scene.
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1904 Posts

Profile of chmara
HOORAY FOR THESE KIDS --- they ain't couch potatos playing vid games...... looks like the built it themselves. We need more of this type of at home activity to start the next generation of entertainers -----

Now -- just do not encourage them to do death trap or dangerous stuff --- until at least late in high school....
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
Quote:
On 2008-03-27 01:27, chmara wrote:

Now -- just do not encourage them to do death trap or dangerous stuff --- until at least late in high school....

To be honest, I'm lucky video cameras were very common when I was that age. If they were, it would be very likely a video would be floating around online of me blowing my eyebrows off with a wooden match and a couple of teaspoons of flash powder. Smile

To get back on topic, I have a copy of the Henning special with the mummy trick and Tony Randel. I'll see if I can find a way to share it.

Thanks,
Richard
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2008-03-27 00:12, JasonB wrote:
These kids are awesome. I just think its really cool that they had the guts to just make mock ups and do something with them. Although the cosmetics are total crap they actually didn't expose anything.

Right you are Jason. They are having FUN with it and admit its not their best yet they feel comfortable enough to post it on YouTube. I'll save a copy of this to embarrass them with in the future when they are accepting some award for great magic performances.

Best,

Tim

Day 27
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Quote:
To get back on topic, I have a copy of the Henning special with the mummy trick and Tony Randel. I'll see if I can find a way to share it.

Thanks,
Richard

That would be awesome Richard! Thanks!

Lyndel
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Richard,

You can add me to the list of those that would love to see that footage again.

Best,

Tim

Day 27
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17665 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I like the Party hat!!!!! Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Didn't Doug Henning do this in the Merlin clip? Maybe I'm thinking about something else...
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Laszlo Csizmadi
View Profile
Special user
From Hell
869 Posts

Profile of Laszlo Csizmadi
Mark Wilson on Illusions Volume 2 has the Mummy Wrapping illusion. Scroll down the page a bit.

http://www.markwilsonmagic.com/illusionsvol2.htm

Best,

Las
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
That kid's interlude looked shabby, but the effect was just as good (or bad) as anyone's. Never did think that was much of a trick ...

Think about it ... if a 12 year old can figure it out and reproduce it with a piece of foamboard, is it really fooling anyone?

As for the mummy wrap, it can be a good trick.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » The Mummy Wrap Illusion (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL