The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Sankey does Angel (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Paolo Venturini
View Profile
Veteran user
Lucca (I.) - New York City
385 Posts

Profile of Paolo Venturini
Great! I've really enjoyed that clip.

Sadly there are still people that believe in CA, no matter how he perform his clown's show... He's a disgrace for this georgeous art!

And I don't understand neither why the members of this Café that are taking defences of him, have no pictures and only nicknames...

I don't speak of you, magicfish.
DerZauberer
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
468 Posts

Profile of DerZauberer
Quote:
On 2008-03-31 11:51, L Trunk wrote:
I don't like Angel's performing persona....but he can perform and has a large audience. I also doubt that all the respected magicians who have appeared on his series would continue to do so if knew him as a guy with a bag full of camera tricks.

Magic is a performing art, the intended audience of the Angel "Mindfreak" series is not the people filmed watching him do the sleight, it's the TV viewers. Whether the filmed people are "real people" or just another prop is irrelevant. It's like a novel or film that is presented as a "true story".

So maybe Criss is a lamer who maybe uses edits and stooges. But what about Sankey?

If Sankey wants to bash Angel for choosing what is IMO a contrived/lame persona (which for all we know could just be Angel being Angel), maybe Sankey should take a look at the guy who markets an "assassin's" fanny pack, and offers tips on how to "intimidate other poker players" and how to "charm strangers in bars & clubs" (with picture of excited lady). To me, it's Sankey who is the most lame, using his transparent macho marketing strategy while claiming to be a real magician.

All real magicians must whip out a deck of cards from their weapon holster then use some sleights to [try to] psych out their friends during poker, and to pick up women in bars...

EDIT: I didn't know advisors were leaving the show. I still believe that Sankey's angle for pitching his magic products is worse for magic than what Angel does.

If you did not know Herr Angel's advisors are leaving as fast as rats leaving a sinking ship; you simply need to read more of these threads.

Also whatever you think of Jay Sankey - he as contributed much more to the magic Community than Herr Angel ever has or ever will.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
Also whatever you think of Jay Sankey - he as contributed much more to the magic Community than Herr Angel ever has or ever will.

I beg to differ on that. I challenge you to find one routine in magic that Angel has not invented! Smile
DerZauberer
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
468 Posts

Profile of DerZauberer
Quote:
On 2008-03-31 12:56, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
Quote:

I beg to differ on that. I challenge you to find one routine in magic that Angel has not invented! Smile

Your kidding right?

Let me rephrase my statement. Sankey has contributed magic that magicians can tangibly use, be it amateurs, hobbyists or professionals.

Angel’s stuff cannot be realistically recreated in a live performance situation…
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2008-03-31 12:56, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
Quote:

You are correct Tony. Enjoy this version of Criss Angels Airtight. ( hmmm.. seems he invented that one?????) Ironically performed by a Canadian who should know about Sankey. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmqyo9AtBgQ

Best,

Tim

Day 31
Xpilot
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
464 Posts

Profile of Xpilot
Quote:
On 2008-03-31 12:37, Paolo Venturini wrote:
And I don't understand neither why the members of this Café that are taking defences of him, have no pictures and only nicknames...

What difference does that make? If we used "real names" and photos, how would you know it's our real name and the photo was really us? Personally I tend to not use my real name on message boards such as this because there's no reason to.
Xpilot
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
464 Posts

Profile of Xpilot
Quote:
On 2008-03-31 13:00, DerZauberer wrote:
Quote:
I beg to differ on that. I challenge you to find one routine in magic that Angel has not invented!

Your kidding right?

You really think it's possible that wasn't a satirical statement?
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On 2008-03-31 13:02, Timothy Drake wrote:

You are correct Tony. Enjoy this version of Criss Angels Airtight. ( hmmm.. seems he invented that one?????) Ironically performed by a Canadian who should know about Sankey. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmqyo9AtBgQ

Best,

Tim

Day 31

Careful there Tim. Its day 31, and I would not want to be the guy responsible for you going back to day 1. Smile
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2008-03-31 15:06, Xpilot wrote:
Quote:

What difference does that make? If we used "real names" and photos, how would you know it's our real name and the photo was really us? Personally I tend to not use my real name on message boards such as this because there's no reason to.

XPilot,

Of course you don't need to have a real name but there IS a reason for those who post theirs. Posting a real name shows that "A" you believe in what you say and are willing to stand by it and "B" it gives you a bit of credibility in your posts. When you post on a topic that your history can back up its taken a bit more seriously by others.

Example.... when I said that many had quit Criss's show its not just seen as an anonymous attack on him. I would not risk my rep by saying things that weren't true. If some anonymous user called "magicisbest3467" posted it then the source might seem more questionable.

And.. Tony... don't worry about me. I for one appreciate that sharp wit of yours. LOL

Best,

Tim

Day 31
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Since the net does not allow us to use body language or inflections in our speech people often get the wrong idea about postings Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
DerZauberer
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
468 Posts

Profile of DerZauberer
Quote:
On 2008-03-31 15:09, Xpilot wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-03-31 13:00, DerZauberer wrote:
Quote:
I beg to differ on that. I challenge you to find one routine in magic that Angel has not invented!

Your kidding right?

You really think it's possible that wasn't a satirical statement?

I like Tony and I am pretty sure that was sarcasm, but as Slim says, we cannot see facial expressions or body language to get the entire meaning sometimes.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2008-03-31 12:43, DerZauberer wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-03-31 11:51, L Trunk wrote:
I don't like Angel's performing persona....but he can perform and has a large audience. I also doubt that all the respected magicians who have appeared on his series would continue to do so if knew him as a guy with a bag full of camera tricks.

Magic is a performing art, the intended audience of the Angel "Mindfreak" series is not the people filmed watching him do the sleight, it's the TV viewers. Whether the filmed people are "real people" or just another prop is irrelevant. It's like a novel or film that is presented as a "true story".

So maybe Criss is a lamer who maybe uses edits and stooges. But what about Sankey?

If Sankey wants to bash Angel for choosing what is IMO a contrived/lame persona (which for all we know could just be Angel being Angel), maybe Sankey should take a look at the guy who markets an "assassin's" fanny pack, and offers tips on how to "intimidate other poker players" and how to "charm strangers in bars & clubs" (with picture of excited lady). To me, it's Sankey who is the most lame, using his transparent macho marketing strategy while claiming to be a real magician.

All real magicians must whip out a deck of cards from their weapon holster then use some sleights to [try to] psych out their friends during poker, and to pick up women in bars...

EDIT: I didn't know advisors were leaving the show. I still believe that Sankey's angle for pitching his magic products is worse for magic than what Angel does.

If you did not know Herr Angel's advisors are leaving as fast as rats leaving a sinking ship; you simply need to read more of these threads.

While I agree advisors are leaving, (tough to dispute that LOL) I do dispute the idea that reading these threads is a good place to get accurate information. You have appologists for Criss and those dedicated to his demise and few inbetween.

So yes advisors are leaving, but HERE is as bad a place to get accurate information as Criss' own web page! LOL.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Paolo Venturini
View Profile
Veteran user
Lucca (I.) - New York City
385 Posts

Profile of Paolo Venturini
Quote:
On 2008-03-31 15:06, Xpilot wrote:
Quote:

I think you misunderstood why we have the opportunity to be a member of this forum: personally that's my picture and my real name, and so for many friends I have. That's correct and respect for them.

I have also the honour to be one of them.

So, minds are differents of course, and points of view too, so most important is to take responsability of what we say... Hiding yourself or put your uncle's pictures is too easy... That's my point of view and I wont change that (and respond you more).
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
[quote]On 2008-03-31 17:39, Paolo Venturini wrote:
Quote:

I think you misunderstood why we have the opportunity to be a member of this forum: personally that's my picture and my real name, and so for many friends I have. That's correct and respect for them.

I have also the honour to be one of them.

So, minds are differents of course, and points of view too, so most important is to take responsability of what we say... Hiding yourself or put your uncle's pictures is too easy... That's my point of view and I wont change that (and respond you more).

Amen brother! I could not have said it better.

Thank you, Paolo!

Day 31/31
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
That clip was worth the price of admission (and I normally don't find Jay funny!). It's a satire folks and a good one. Not worth fighting about. Enjoy it for what it is! Remember hat the immortal P. T. Barnum said “any publicity, good or bad, is better than no publicity!” (OK I paraphrased him but you get the point). With all the threads on CA running here he sure gets a ton of notoriety (publicity). LOL!! Let’s just enjoy the fun!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Harry, true. I posted this for fun. I thought it was funny and that some of may enjoy it. It was never mean't to start a war. Smile
Magic is a vanishing art.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
But you could have predicted that it would Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Only if you were a mentalist without a sense of humor! LOL!! That was tongue in cheek Slim! I’m a buffoon and barely know what tomorrow’s date is! Still it was funny even if you like CA, it is funny. People loosen up and laugh a little. This is not life and death! This is silly stuff with no meaning to the world at large no matter how big our egos become (or how fat our check book gets)!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Criss Angel is awful- period. The only thing more ridiculous than his show being callled "mindFreak", is th fact that he was asked to me a mentalism judge. He has about as little to do with mentalism as Albert Goshman had to do with large scale illusions. It's a an absolute joke. Next to the magic shop hack, Angel is the second worst magician I've ever seen, next to Franz Harare.
Johnnie Blaze
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of Johnnie Blaze
Wo wow magicfish... you got industrial sized balls dissin Franz . Franz is one of the most brilliant and nicest people around..
I cant believe someone would be so low
truly ****ed
John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Sankey does Angel (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL