The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Wait for NEW iCue2 PA or purchase iCue2? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Terry Harris
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Terry Harris
I start back on the road May 1st doing festivals through the midwest. I traded my Kelly Duro Boom Box system in for the $400.00 trade in. I shipped it to them weeks ago. I was told that I would have my new I-cue soundbox within 6 weeks, (which is NOW). I paid 1/2 deposit and told Kelly's wife that I can't order if it takes past April 25th. She said it would be in my hands for sure by then. Today I called Kelly and he said he wouldn't even have the boards for at least 8 to 10 more days. I ask for my money back and he got nasty. I have spent over $2,000.00 with him in the last 4 years. Why nasty. Do any of you know something about Virtual Soundman that I need to know?
sleightly
View Profile
Elite user
New Hampshire
500 Posts

Profile of sleightly
Just to clarify a point that GOTHIKE made earlier in this thread about the iCue2's AutoFade feature. Based on a suggestion by Jeff Hobson, VSM reprogrammed the firmware sometime ago to allow retraining the "Pause/Play" button on the transmitter as an "AutoFade" button eliminating the need for a "long press" Auto Fade on the "Volume Down" button as described earlier in the thread. This feature was incorporated over a year ago and I believe prior iCue2 users have an option to send in their hardware for a firmware upgrade.

This gives the option to those who prefer a fade out to a hard pause.

ajp
NealF
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of NealF
I bought the iCue2 almost 2 years ago. I had some initial problems with it. 2 or three of the units couldn't be use more than about 7 feet away. Kelly took them back and was baffled until he found out that static electricity will ruin the circuit board. I was living in San Diego where it's very dry.

I got good service from Kelly. And I've since moved to Florida and have used the unit for a one-man music based show. All went well. Haven't used it much since. But it has left me feeling like I have to be very careful with it. Just one false spark and I'm dead in the water. Anybody have any similar problems?

I posted on here over a year ago but am now looking into doing another live show and probably will use the iCue2 again. This time I'll need the wireless foot switch. Anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Well...my iCue2 Soundbox PA arrived yesterday. Actually, as I was on my way out of town for my week of library shows, I passed the UPS man, and I chased him down 2 blocks, when he stopped, I basically robbed him for my iCue2.

Fantastic. That's the only word I have for it and its features.

At 10 a.m. today, it's getting its trial run. No choice, since my NEWLY-REPAIRED Countryman earset had so much crackling noise from a short in the connector that they JUST REPLACED that there's no way to use it. The wireless system with the iCue2 works fine. Ask my neighbors in this hotel I was in last night.

Well..just wanted the world to know that IT'S HERE!

Steve
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Special user
Living in Perth Western Australia
990 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
Finally after a 7 month wait. Hope it lives up to all you want it to be. I guess it should or it will be a bitter pill to swallow, given all the back and forth here about the two competing companies.

I'm sure you'll let us all know how it goes. I for one will be waiting with bated breath.

JoJo
Al Kazam --> Magic guy in Perth Australia
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Three words..."WORTH THE WAIT". That's all I'll say.

Steve
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
I'm curious why the new iCue PA has launch without any fanfare. After lengthy delays and rumors of a major business deal, it finally ships ... yet no one is saying a thing even with a limited release. Any feedback on how it peforms in the real world? Is this continuing to sell?

Thanks,
Dan.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
It does continue to sell! The release has been covered in a couple other threads on the subject. At least 2 Café members (I'm one of them) have theirs. I've used mine in an indoor library show for 500 (not a typo, either) people. Operated perfectly for 300 in an indoor camp show last week, as well. Still amazes me how much lighter my show is now. No more Peavey MP4 amp/mixer, seperate wireless mic, table to hold all that, 2 Peavey 112 speakers, stands, cords..not to mention about 20 minutes just to set up the sound. My BACK loves the new iCue2 Soundbox PA!

Steve
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Although I'm assuming it still doesn't support newer IPods and the picture on the website hasn't been updated as it doesn't appear to match what Steve reported he got. As they used to say in the programming business, Real Soon Now! As much as I like the sound of it and the review that Steve gave, these problems still raise too much of a concern for me to order one until I see things ironed out.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Well, as mentioned, I'm not the only guy to have one in his/her hot little hands. There's very little difference in the unit visually from the photo. The handle on the end is much better, the end and the bottom both have rubber feet, too. The firmware/software in the Soundbox does support the newer iPods. My original iCue2 (couple years old) does need a firmware upgrade if I ever wanted to get a new iPod, but doubt I'll ever do that until I absolutely have to.

Steve
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
About 2 weeks ago Patti Duro told me this:
Quote:
We are currently working on the firmware to support the newest iPod lineup. The unit currently will work operate the new iPods, but without the auto pause and direct sync features. The best iPod to use would be the 1st or 2nd generation iPod Nano or the iPod Mini. You can purchase these items over the internet froam various refurb places. They can be elusive.

So, unless something has changed, it doesn't 'quite' support the new iPod's yet. You're right, you won't need to get a new iPod unless you absolutely have to, but if you do 'absolutely' have to, you may not be able to find one.

Can't find the post right now but I thought the changes were bigger than what you mention above based on a previous post I remember where you were describing speaker size and such. I may be remembering it wrong however.

Please don't thing I'm trying to start a fight with you Steve. I appreciate your enthusiasm for the VSM. I'm just pointing out some inconsistencies that make me leery.

P.S. How the heck do you spot these responses so quickly!?!? Smile
Joan Spydel
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Joan Spydel
Hello Rockwall,

I can tell you that one big reason that the web site is not updated has been because VSM has been in sensitive talks with a big company- in Oregon, and they were considering buying the SoundBox outright, but were concerned that the unit was not yet absorbed into any markets yet. So it was prudent not to update the product info and photos until talks were cooled down.

However, these talks are just now finalizing, and VSM Corp is going to update the photos and other info soon.

I know that most of the technical staff is several weeks behind because many of them were involved in fighting the No Cal fires. So things should getting back to normal within the next few weeks. VSM is enlarging and growing, ( I am even helping part time-long distance) at the same time, so please be patient with them, Thank you.

Joan
Being authentic, is being Beautiful.
funnyclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Burlingame, CA
353 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
I have paid for my icue2 in full this last June and I currently have asked VSM to send me the icue2 when the upgrade will work with the newer ipods. When I spoke with Patti last week she said they are still waiting to get the firmware upgrade from Apple. I have been very patient. It sound like some of you users have an inside word on the icue2 and the VSM company. Can anyone tell me when I will get my icue2 and be able to use it with my nano 3rd generation? I have a big show coming up in September and I hope I will get it before then. I need the icue2 to be fully functional with sync and auto pause.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

"Defender of the Defenseless One Balloon Dog"

https://www.funnybonemagic.com
cns
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of cns
Funnyclown:
By reading the post and putting 2 and 2 together that would equal four-ever. Wow, I'm glad I've held off on a purchase as I'm convinced it's a good product but a bad deal. Too bad.
I really hope you have good luck!
funnyclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Burlingame, CA
353 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
I really believe icue2 is the best choice for my music needs. I just want to wait for the icue2 that will work with my newer 3rd gen nano. I only hope Apple will send them what they need soon. I have a large contract in Asia starting in September and I need my music self contained and controlled by me and my remote control. VSM makes high quality products. If I don't get it soon I will need to find an old nano and ask them to send me the current version of icue2.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

"Defender of the Defenseless One Balloon Dog"

https://www.funnybonemagic.com
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
No, actually it's a great product and a great deal. People who read about my favoritism about VSM and the iCue2, and then put it down are people who've never actually used another system. Some have. I did. Prior to purchasing, I got to "test drive" a system from Wireless Wizardry (not to mention that I was a ShowTech owner/user for almost 15 years), a VSM iCue2 and a system from a guy in Nashville he called "The Performer". It was a laptop-based (Mac) system. It was nice, and reliable, but I didn't have a place to put a full laptop where it was visible in smaller shows. So when people say "this or that is my favorite", most of them haven't tried more than the one they own. I do think Ken Scott has used both a WW and a VSM system, and he's found the one he's happy with. That's all anyone should do.

I currently have a VSM iCue2, an iCue2 Soundbox PA, an LED display for it, and an iPrompter scrolling display for my regular iCue2. Never had a problem or complaint about any piece or part for any of them.

Steve
dmm
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of dmm
Does anyone have the Foot Pedal for the ICUE2,

if so, please share your experiences, and if anyone wants to sell their's I'm looking!

Thanks!
dlachance
View Profile
Veteran user
Mississippi
343 Posts

Profile of dlachance
I just got my foot pedal and have used it in several of my shows and I LOVE IT. It will only start and stop...no fade, but there are times when I have my hands full and the foot pedal comes in very handy. I am sure the ankle switch would be just as helpful.

Dorian
-Dorian LaChance
MagicOzzy
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan
118 Posts

Profile of MagicOzzy
Dorian,

I too was also looking at a foot pedal. I was told by VSM that it will do the Auto/Fade-Cue up/next track, if that is the setting on the main unit. Is that true?

Thanks.
dlachance
View Profile
Veteran user
Mississippi
343 Posts

Profile of dlachance
Yes, it will cue up to the next track, and you might be right about the fade...the instructions said nothing about it. I will have to call them, as I would like to fade. Let me know if you find anything out, and I will do likewise.

Thanks,
Dorian
-Dorian LaChance
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Wait for NEW iCue2 PA or purchase iCue2? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL