The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Wait for NEW iCue2 PA or purchase iCue2? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Funnyclown,

VSM may or may not be waiting on firmware from Apple, but if you HAVE to have it work with the latest generation IPOD, I don't think you should count on having it in time for your show in September. They're not saying WHEN it will be ready, so it could be a long time. Even if you ask them to send you their current model, based on others' experiences, I don't think you can be certain to have it in time. Some have gotten theirs, others are still waiting. Who knows what the real issues are over at VSM, but they are obviously having problems.

Mike
Wes Holly
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore, MD
639 Posts

Profile of Wes Holly
Greetings,

To all of you who have paid for a product and are experiencing unacceptable delays in receiving it, I provide you this information from the Federal Trade Commission web site:

By law, a company should ship your order within the time stated in its ads. If no time is promised, the company should ship your order within 30 days after receiving it.

If the company is unable to ship within the promised time, they must give you an “option notice.” This notice gives you the choice of agreeing to the delay or canceling your order and receiving a prompt refund.

Enjoy!
Happily Yours,
Wes Holly
www.wesholly.com
Baltimore, MD, USA
MagicOzzy
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan
118 Posts

Profile of MagicOzzy
Dorian,

Just to let you know, I received the foot pedal, and it does do the auto fade if the main unit is set up for it! Very cool. I can't wait to start rehearsing with it.

I will be working with my whole iCue2 setup over the next few weeks at about 20 different theater's sound systems, and I will let you know how everything works out!
dlachance
View Profile
Veteran user
Mississippi
343 Posts

Profile of dlachance
Can't wait to hear about it....I love mine......

I do have auto fade set up......but it doesn't do it on the foot pedal. Perhaps I have missed something....I'll have to call VSM to find out what I missed...
-Dorian LaChance
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3725 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Question for you foot pedal users... Where would you keep it so it's surreptitiously available, and why not use the remote in your pocket?

Steve
dlachance
View Profile
Veteran user
Mississippi
343 Posts

Profile of dlachance
I keep mine behind my Lefler table........and when my hands are full with torches, or cards, or rocky, I can start and stop music......
-Dorian LaChance
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3725 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Ah...good point. Do you have/use the regular remote or the "click/feel" remote? I've always used the C-F remote, just in my pocket. I never have to reach inside the pocket to use it.

Steve
dmm
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of dmm
I will use the pedal and the remote as I perform escapes as well, and do not have my hands available frequently. I have no problem having it in the open, but I have been staging it behind a chair or in the legs of a tripod table or mic stand, as I could not believe how tiny it is.

I had to program it to my main unit, which I thought was going to be a big pain in the...

It was actually quite easy, and now hopefully everything lives up to the expectations in the actual performances.
dlachance
View Profile
Veteran user
Mississippi
343 Posts

Profile of dlachance
I use the click feel on my belt. I can press it thru my shirt or vest.......

And yes...the foot pedal was very easy to match to the iCue2 brains.....and I found out yesterday how to get it and the play/pause button to default to fade out. Woooo hoooooo!
-Dorian LaChance
Lucca
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Lucca
I've been trying to order an iCue for months now. I don't even get a response from them. The website says it's out of stock. Does anyone have information about it?
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
Unless they've been deleted, there are a number of other threads regarding the problems folks have had in connection with purchasing products from this vendor. Based on those, you should thank your lucky stars that you didn't place an order with payment included.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13401 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Have you tried calling them on the phone? I always got good response from them.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
cns
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of cns
Has anyone been able to contact VSM lately? Also, if they have made contact, is VSM taking orders?
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Try contacting Joan Spydel. She's on the Café and seems to have knowledge about the company. Perhaps, she can help.

All the best,

John
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3725 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Just "spoke" with (okay, it was emails) Kelly Duro today about some things.

Steve
joemystic
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of joemystic
I have been unable to contact them. Their website is down and I am now saying goodbye to the $1000 I gave them for a new soundbox. I am very pessimistic about recovering my investment but would welcome any good news.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3725 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Very glad to have gotten mine, and love it.

Steve
Bill Wilson
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Bill Wilson
Yeah Steve, I'm sure Joemystic appreciates those encouraging words.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3725 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Well, too many people think this product was never made or sold.

Steve
Bill Wilson
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Bill Wilson
Quote:
On 2009-02-13 18:15, Stevethomas wrote:
Very glad to have gotten mine, and love it.

Steve

Steve, there have been countless horror stories posted here about VSM, no need to recount any of them. A quote like yours is like rubbing salt into a wound.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Wait for NEW iCue2 PA or purchase iCue2? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL