The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Best tricks with expanded shell (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
hkmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Colombia
108 Posts

Profile of hkmagic
What are your favorite effects with an expanded shell?

Mine are:

coins across, coins through table, finger through coin, appearing coins, matrix with backfire, shadow coins.
"May the Magic be with you"
Boxav8r
View Profile
New user
New England
58 Posts

Profile of Boxav8r
Mine is a coins across routine similar to Paul Green's offered on his "In The Trenches" DVD.

To finish in the spectator's hand, I place the coin, and have the spectator remove the shell and hand it to me.

To cover and prevent discovery, I do the following:

1) I mime that I want them to pick it up by the edges to place it flat in my palm as I tell them to hand me one of the coins.

2) As they hand me the coin (shell) I use my free hand to close their fingers around the coins in their hand, and turn their hand over.

On the VERY few occasions when the spectator has picked up the coin the wrong way and grabbed it by the front and back...dragging their thumb across the edge in the process... I have NEVER been busted!

The process of talking, and closing their hand distracts enough to prevent discovery. Though I am sure a defibrillator would have kicked in had I been wearing one, because I was so sure I'd be found out!

Good Luck,
Pete
Will anyone who believes in telekenesis please raise my hand?
Rick
View Profile
Elite user
Va.
452 Posts

Profile of Rick
I love the matrix routine that Ammar uses.
Jason Wethington
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, Fl
615 Posts

Profile of Jason Wethington
The 'Forth Dimensional Coin'. that's one of my favorites. Quick, visual & impromptu(?). It's in a book somewhere but since I like it so much I'll leave finding it up to you.
Cheers,
Jason
Dave Egleston
View Profile
Special user
Ceres, Ca
632 Posts

Profile of Dave Egleston
The first step in FROM THE ELVEN HOARD by Geoff Latta in SPECTACLE vanishes a coin using a shell is diabolical - I've never not had a MAJOR reaction from that vanish

Dave
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I had a coins through table routine that used a shell. The coins were NOT fussed with, just picked up one at a time from a stack and passed through the table. The shell can help make very clean looking routines. A gimmick worth exploring.

And yes the Geoff Latta coin vanish is interesting to magicians. It can be routined a bit differently to have the same effect for regular audiences.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Ozer4
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
329 Posts

Profile of Ozer4
I'm a big fan of Extraordinary by Troy Hoosier. His presentation is awesome, and if you ever get a chance to see some old underground footage of Homer doing it, you will be blown away. Smile I watched the video over and over, and just could not get over it.
Sean Macfarlane
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of Sean Macfarlane
OZ does Homer have new work on this effect or is it the routine that is written up in the "Magic Man Examiner".

Sean
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2986 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
Speaking of Homer - his "Four Coins and a Filipino" from Magic Man Examiner is fabulous. It was the first item in the first issue.

Chad Long does it extremely well. He was just at Abbott's Close Up and I got to see him perform it for some lay people - WOW!

Mike
Jason Wethington
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, Fl
615 Posts

Profile of Jason Wethington
I agree Mike Homer's effect is great and Chad does it very well. He also does Homer's three coin routine (I remember the "Miracle Ear" line but I don't think he called it that) very similiar to Troy's effect. Really funny when he produces the first coin from the linens of the hotel. Smile
Great stuff. I have a bit of work on this plot as well. If anyone is interested I have some video footage I can share.
Cheers,
Jason
MAGICTOM
View Profile
Veteran user
Dallas, Tx
354 Posts

Profile of MAGICTOM
Cody Fisher's Turtle coins is an excellent trick performed with a shell.
No Man is his craft's master the first day!
J.B. Bobo
Boxav8r
View Profile
New user
New England
58 Posts

Profile of Boxav8r
I forgot to mention a nice quick visual one. It's on Roth's Exp. Coin Magic made easy #9 I think.

It's about a 15 second routine called coin through glass! Very visual and magical looking. Nice for a table environement using apparently ordinary objects which can be examined.

Pete
Will anyone who believes in telekenesis please raise my hand?
dlcarr50
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of dlcarr50
I use the shell to melt a quarter through a dollar. David Acer is where I got the effect from and I think there is a marketed effect with a metal disk. Very cool effect if you get a chance to see it.
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
Coins Across, Matrix and Shadow coins if I have to pick some.
Actually I don't use a shell but if I did those would be it.
Daniel Faith
Glenn Godsey
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Glenn Godsey
David Roth's last routine on "Live in London" is a beauty that utilizes a shell and a slot box.
jasonchr
View Profile
Regular user
North Carolina
173 Posts

Profile of jasonchr
David Harkey uses an expanded shell in a very unorthodox way in a trick called Postique that was published in The Magic Menu. See page 644 of The Magic Menu - Years Six through Ten or Issue 55. This routine is one of the reasons I finally decided to buy an expanded shell.

Jason C. Mauney
The aspirant should acquire the resolve to explore and expand his talents to the best of his ability. With a thorough commitment to quality comes a sense of accomplishment and unique satisfaction.

John Carney
tricky54
View Profile
New user
ohio
50 Posts

Profile of tricky54
Troy Hoosier's dvd's have great routines Smile
TrIcKy54
ferraroj
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of ferraroj
My pick would be David Roth's coins across.
Tony Chapparo
View Profile
Special user
Albuquerque, NM
704 Posts

Profile of Tony Chapparo
Dean Dill has some very nice magic with shell coins on his videos...

I enjoy Roth's coins across, several matrix effects and shadow coins. Smile
Tony Chapparo
herd69
View Profile
New user
south charleston, west virginia
42 Posts

Profile of herd69
what is the magic man examiner?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Best tricks with expanded shell (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL