The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Effects on kids! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
734 Posts

Profile of TheTableTopTrixta
Just after some help from you fellow magicians

Which effects in your eyes work best at the table for kids - I am currently working a restaurant with quite a lot of them dotting around!!

Of course I do some - Sponge - TT work - D-lite -

any other suggestions??

Ash
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Jay Scott Berry's 'Eclipse' effects are nice.

Here's more:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&forum=5
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5699 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Pretty much ANYTHING can be geared towards children. However...if yer lookin' for certain effects, I would stick to the things that are quick and straight forward. No long presentations...short and sweet. Remember...most kids have the attention span of a knat! I would stay away from Cards. That being said, Color Monte' is a good one they can follow along with.
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
magicshayne
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of magicshayne
When I look for tricks to for kids I look for something that is higly visual and colourfull a quick chop cup routine can be good also a rope routine but in my opinion sponge balls are very good for kids I try and have 3 or 4 differant effects with sponge balls so if thay see me at another table or thay are repeat customers I will perform a differant routine with the same prop I think what you are doing already is good enough but look for diffrent affects useing the same props which saves pocket space.

I once new a guy who used to entertain with a a rope and spongeballs he had about an hours worth of material with just those props but his humour and the bits of buissness that went along with it made the effect

hope this helps you out

shane
One Man
View Profile
Elite user
Frederick, MD
491 Posts

Profile of One Man
I use Daryl's Dicey Dots (i think that is the name). It is on his website. Is great for kids and adults. I also use Daryl's Jumping Knot..also great and blows most everyone away.

Kevin
daviaac
View Profile
Veteran user
351 Posts

Profile of daviaac
I agree with sponge, rope, d-lites perhaps even coins if willing to do a flurry/reproduciton etc. something visual I think as long as it is visual and quick kids should enjoy it. perhaps even a chop cup routine or even sponge bunnies they've never been for me but I do like jay sankey's ear plugs they are very bright and kinda make more sense. think I might dust them off and start using them again! maybe some visual changes ala spellbound or some card colour changes.
good luck

luke
- the secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources
derrick
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug holes for
1044 Posts

Profile of derrick
Kids love sponge bunnies. Kids love coins from their ears, noses, elbows, whatever. Kids love silly, funny one liners. For example: "Why do giraffes such long necks. Because they all have terribly stinkey feet."

Pull a coin from there ear, say, "It most certainly did not come from your rear!" Drop it from their nose and say, "A lot of people thing that's funny but it snot. Look confused when they here it wrong.

Kids love the egg bag. They get to try and squish the egg in the egg bag but you still make it disappear and appear more than once.

Pen through money, particularly their money, they love it. Kids love to be called vicious, hateful, little creatures who just don't appreciate the fact that you do and do and do for them and you get absolutely appreciation like much more mature tables with older kids who clap, scream, and some even get on their knees and bow to you in respect - yada, yada, yada. Can be fun, fun, fun.....sfuff.
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2225 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Sponge Bunnies is a must! Color Changing CD’s, C & R Rope, Egg Bag, Fork & Spoon Mystery. Money tricks. For example, the $100 switch-- at a young age they seem to really understand the value of this. I agree, cards are NOT good, but older kids like the rising card and insurance policy.

I am particularly challenged by young children. It amazed me when parents insist I do magic for their 2 or 3 year old. Yeh, right! I do the best I can with the coloring book in this situation.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
734 Posts

Profile of TheTableTopTrixta
Ken - I totally agree I get it all the time 'Can you do something for little johny'
derrick
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug holes for
1044 Posts

Profile of derrick
Only thing I've found to do with a really young child is a lazer pointer and a D-Lite. You can keep the smallest of the little devils tickled with this little combo.
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
The Mini Coloring Book idea is GREAT! The D-Lite in table Hooping or Mingle situation in the past works EXCELLENT for kids and adults,but here in Puerto Rico in last days the D lites take MUCH popularity because toy stores sells it and I don't like a situation like: Oh this a little ***** with a Light...i have one etc,etc,etc...but in past times there are very good. The Sponge Bunnies,Card Toon(Sometimes they don't understand the trick but enjoy so much see the drawing moving),hot rod,Silk Blendo,Wonder Pet (Alan Wong) and sometimes the Ambitous.
Thanks,
Hansel!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
Chappo
View Profile
Special user
Bris Vegas
754 Posts

Profile of Chappo
I second the ambitious card as a kid trick. Especially with roves, I can stop the trick at any time after any reveal if the kid is losing interest. Then again, if they show more interest, I keep going until I've finished the routine!
The rules of a sleight of hand artist, Are three, and all others are vain,

The 1st & the 2nd are practice... And the 3rd one is practice again

- 'Magic of the Hands', Edward Victor (1940)
derrick
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug holes for
1044 Posts

Profile of derrick
Hansel, that's the reason for the lazer pointer. Kids are like a cat chasing a light. You run the lazer light all over the place then just pluck the light up and eat it. You've ditched the D-Lite before anyone who might be in the know has an idea what just happened and the little one now thinks he/she can pick up the dot of light from the lazer pointer. I agree with the overexposure of the D-Lite but I never get caught with one using it like this.

Derrick
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Quote:
On 2008-04-01 12:24, derrick wrote:
Hansel, that's the reason for the lazer pointer. Kids are like a cat chasing a light. You run the lazer light all over the place then just pluck the light up and eat it. You've ditched the D-Lite before anyone who might be in the know has an idea what just happened and the little one now thinks he/she can pick up the dot of light from the lazer pointer. I agree with the overexposure of the D-Lite but I never get caught with one using it like this.

Derrick

Well,here in Puerto Rico we have a population of only 4,000,000 of persons. In a complete day you may do a round trip to the island 10 times.So here the new stuff runs quickly and in 2 months more kids than you think knows a D-lite! So for me many childs caught when I use...
Thanks,
Hansel!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Effects on kids! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL