The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » David Parr's "Slow Motion Swindle" R.I.P. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
What a great effect, with an introduction by Eugene Burger

BUT, I think they have completely ruined it now by the introduction of the new 5 dollar Bill with that ugly purple splotch in the bottom right hand corner!
Why can't these numbskulls just leave well enough alone?

They make it very rough on us who depend on consistency in a bills appearance. (ESPECIALLY if we borrow one for an effect.)

My only option is to save a few of the old five spots and hope they don't begin to look suspect as people get accustomed to the appearance of the new fives.

Of course, by that time, they will probably alter it again...

Aaaaaaaarrggh!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Benji Bruce
View Profile
Special user
930 Posts

Profile of Benji Bruce
Get John Sheet's Atomic Bills. It will work with the new 5's so you can borrow the $1 and the $5 bills.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Who carries it? Where can I learn more about the effect?
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17116 Posts

Profile of joseph
Get it HERE ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Thankyou!
hendoo
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of hendoo
Hmmm. This sounds just like Eugene's Last Dollar. Interesting. Is there a video of this effect? Atomic Bill's I mean. It sounds like John T. Sheets may have ripped off magic's mystic guru.
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1138 Posts

Profile of John T. Sheets
Hendoo,

I think you should get your facts straight before you start accusing someone of ripping something off.
www.johnTsheets.com

See the "Quantum Bender 3.0" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkTVw9FjonE

See my Dove Act here... https://youtu.be/Ms7_u46Qpp0

See the "Energy Bender" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJOfL0k8xA

See the "Table of Death" in Las Vegas trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivizLAKD7I
hendoo
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of hendoo
My apologies.

The effect reads almost exactly like the last dollar. In this day and age, we consumers are more cynical than ever.

I have been in contact with the creator. He did send me a response. Telling me he was in contact with you and that I should chill out.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
John Sheet's Atomic Bills is the final word on this effect. I carry and use it all the time.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
richgerb86
View Profile
Loyal user
Reading, Pa.
204 Posts

Profile of richgerb86
Atomic Bills is great! I have been using it since it was first released.
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3618 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
I can't imagine a method that's any better than the one David Parr and Eugene discuss on volume 2 of the new L&L Close-up Magic video from the World's Greatest Magic series. And you get six other tricks for less than the cost of "Atomic Bills" alone.

The handling Parr and Burger teach will work with any bills.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Bill, Eugene feels his effect "Eugene's Last Dollar" is an improvement to the work they did on the video.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3618 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
Odd. Must be a different video. I have Eugene's Last Dollar and just got the video.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2765 Posts

Profile of John Long
I like the 1 to 5 transpo in Tarbell/Switch with Burger's con-man patter (in Switch). I've modified the handling from Switch slightly to start and end a little cleaner while performing standing or seated. I also use a gimmick that allows me to show 1/4 of the bill - seems less suspicious than 1/8 or 1/16's, and looks "fairer".

I ask to borrow a 5. If it is a new 5, I talk about that these new 5's were redesigned to be more secure - "There were problems with the old 5's. Let me demonstrate the problem with an old 5. Does anyone have one?" If not, I will supply my own.
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Benji Bruce
View Profile
Special user
930 Posts

Profile of Benji Bruce
If you perform John Sheets' Atomic Bills, then you can borrow the 1 and the 5. You can use Burger's patter if you want, but nothing beats John's version.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2765 Posts

Profile of John Long
The description sounds like it may be like Eugene's Last Dollar. Are there any demos? Also, it appears to be out of stock at most sites.
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » David Parr's "Slow Motion Swindle" R.I.P. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL