The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Magicopolis (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16 [Next]
mumford
View Profile
Special user
652 Posts

Profile of mumford
PS - the above was clipped and pasted from the MAGICOPOLIS Facebook page which has the latest on all their stuff..
Steve Spill
View Profile
V.I.P.
211 Posts

Profile of Steve Spill
ATTENTION MAGICIANS & PSYCHIC ENTERTAINERS

An original new contemporary plot - 5 plus minutes of surprising astonishing wonder direct from my show to yours. TATTOO! A most amazing funny routine.

The time is now. TATTOO! Watch the video.

This hardcover dust jacket book is personally illustrated, written, and gimmicked by me and produced on a small scale. NO FORCE, SPECTATOR HAS COMPLETELY FREE CHOICE OF ANY TATTOO IN THE BOOK.

Complete with routine, script, downloadable tutorial, worldwide performance rights - including postage and handling – paypal $199, foereign orders add $25 shipping to info@magicopolis.com CHECK IT OUT: https://youtu.be/ibm-tCFiA8g

Watch the video, if TATTOO! is of interest, don't delay, order today. $199 to info@magicopolis.com international orders add $25 shipping to info@magicopolis.com CHECK IT OUT: https://youtu.be/ibm-tCFiA8g
markmiller
View Profile
Special user
731 Posts

Profile of markmiller
Magicopolis on NBC 1st Look last night - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8cFbptBt7Q
noble1
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of noble1
Funny Magicopolis stuff in today's Daily Mail UK excerpted from Steve Spill book I LIE FOR MONEY
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/art......icle-top
Steve Spill
View Profile
V.I.P.
211 Posts

Profile of Steve Spill
Available soon. My new book for magicians with ten never-before-in-print comedy magic routines is about making your magic you, adding comedy, and how to develop your own original material. If you would like to be on my mailing list write me here: steve@magicopolis.com Share this.
mumford
View Profile
Special user
652 Posts

Profile of mumford
About the new Steve Spill book from the magicopolis.com / magicians only website - A PEEK INSIDE –

HOW TO MAKE LOVE THE STEVE SPILL WAY

This work is one of a very tiny handful of books ever published with a specific focus on Stand-up Comedy Magic.

In most magic books, it works out fine when every so often there’s an inventive new routine. This book is different.

FIRST, every idea that ever came to Steve Spill’s mind during his 50 YEARS in comedy magic isn’t here just because it seemed in some way original. The routines in this book are ALL KILLERS, NO FILLERS, twelve examples of my best work – that in one-way or another, have my personal touch.

SECOND, included in every routine is every word, joke, action, and gesture of my presentation. True, not every word, joke, action, and gesture of my presentations will fit you like a glove, or fit every circumstance where you might perform. But I will share with you how to make the routines in this book, or any book, truly yours. That’s the focus of this text. This book is not a catalogue of knuckle-busters… it’s about making your magic you, adding comedy, and how to develop your own original material.

Ten of the routines have never been published in any form ever before. The two that have, my NEEDLES, over the last decade has been a best-selling fifty-dollar single trick DVD, Confessions of a Needle Swallower. That was a video and this is a book, so now is your chance to cross over to a new dimension in sight and sound, especially if you read that chapter out loud. Added details about the routine are presented here for the first time. My LEMON was published a million years ago - although only somewhat accurately, and without any of the pertinent thinking or logic behind its construction - on a Doc Eason video. Now everything is revealed here, along with added details and features never available before.

Here is a brief description of the other routines in the book:

LIKE A VIRGIN – a borrowed signed bill to impossible location - using a stack of CDs - that was originally developed and performed for Richard Branson and guests at one of his exclusive events.

THINGS OF UNIQUE BEAUTY – everyone in the audience is let in on the secret except for the onstage volunteer in this bit about uniquely American items such as the Corn Dog, the Chia Pet, Snuggy, the Clapper, et cetera – in the end not only the onstage volunteer, but also the audience, are fooled – but in different ways.

RED & BLUE – a half/dyed color-changing hank routine about Democrats and Republicans that equally makes fun of both donkeys and elephants during the various phases – ending with the conclusion that both parties are, “Cut from the same cloth.”

MODRERN FAMILY – a Soft Soap type routine - with G-strings, bikini underwear, and tighty-whiteys - that are soiled with lipstick kiss marks and handprints – that’s a surefire recipe for magic that causes a stir in loins and laughter.

LEAF ME ALONE – a Six Card repeat idea done with three leaves and a surprise ending that features a ton of audience participation which culminates in a big-promised-audience-response.

ABRA CADAVERS – a You Do as I Do concept using toe tags and death certificates with a darkly humorous script and a surprise burst of flame at the finish.

DING BELL DIE BOX – this ain’t your grandpa’s Die Box routine – but it does use a half-dozen of the kind of bells you see sitting on hotel check-in desks with a button on top, that you tap and there’s a “ding” sound – that will assuredly keep your grandpa awake.

FROZEN PONY – a spectator-to-spectator telepathic routine with variations including a banquet room ice sculpture, crystal ball, or decorative glass figurines.

COPING WITH EDDIE – the only card trick in the book that’s about a boy intimidated by a gently pranking tormentor - which he beats with a Triumph-type-effect.

GO HIMBER FREE – the single most inquired about routine in the book. Three finger rings are borrowed and linked. The chain is in audience view at all times until it is clear each volunteer that loaned a ring gets a close look. No switches, no stooges, no Himber Ring.

For those who haven’t ordered yet, please be aware this book will improve your sex life dramatically. After only a few pages you will begin to feel intelligent, charming, and clever, then aroused, then funny. And after a few chapters, whatever personal or health problems you are experiencing will immediately vanish.

Experience HOW TO MAKE LOVE THE STEVE SPILL WAY, personally autographed, pre-publication offer, will remain at $95 until April 15, 2018. paypal $95 to info@magicopolis.com postage paid in the USA, outside $25 shipping/handling or go to magicopolis.com / magicians only. Limited quantity available.
Steve Spill
View Profile
V.I.P.
211 Posts

Profile of Steve Spill
As you get older, you realize, even if you're a bazillionaire captain of industry, or a Nobel prize winner, your mom may be proud but she's not impressed. She would be a lot more impressed, if you would treat her to the BIG MOTHER'S DAY MAGIC SHOW & PARTY Sunday May 13 / 2PM magicopolis.com now or 310 451 2241 today.
msmaster
View Profile
Special user
522 Posts

Profile of msmaster
Will any Dad's be joining me for this?
Treat the man that treats you all year long, to eye-popping astonishment, and laugh-out-loud comedy - June 17 / Father’s Day / 2PM, tickets: Magicopolis.com
Steve Spill
View Profile
V.I.P.
211 Posts

Profile of Steve Spill

NOW SHIPPING

LAST DAY OF PRESALE PRICE EXTENDED UNTIL JUNE 21

What Readers are Saying…

MAC KING
"Some of Steve Spill's most brilliant routines and funniest stories appear in this book. It is a great read for fans like me and a textbook for comedy magicians who want to learn from the best."

NICK LEWIN
“There are only a handful of books on magic that contain so many practical and truly commercial routines. A smart performer with a halfway decent personality could probably take just these twelve routines and use them as a basis for a long term and financially successful career in comedy magic.”

JOHN CARNEY
“Steve Spill’s new book is funny, profane, full of great stories, great advice for performers, great magic thinking, obscenities, crazy tricks, and lots of fun. Don’t miss this opportunity to hear some fantastic stories, get some great advice, and learn some funny, unique magic!”

SCOTT ALEXANDER
“Due to the fact that I’d like to selfishly keep every spurious subtlety, original technique, radical insight, and deeply thoughtful analysis contained herein for myself, I refuse to endorse this book.”

PAUL KOZAK
"Anyone even remotely interested in comedy magic should own this book. It is hilarious and informative and it contains insights with some of the greatest routines of our time."

BEN SEIDMAN
“Steve is one of the best in the world at developed creative magic and a sustainable career. We should study him – like scientists probing a rat. A very smart, very funny rat… Spill is at a point in life where he knows absolutely everything, and it’s all in this book.”

RICHARD HATCH
“I’ve seen Steve perform his “Himber Free” linking finger ring routine and was fooled by it. Having just read this chapter, I can honestly state that this routine alone is easily worth the price of the entire book to a working pro. I’m guessing some of the other routines are also in that category and look forward to studying them as well, but am already satisfied with the value of my purchase. Thanks for sharing this Steve!”

A PEEK INSIDE –

In most magic books, it works out fine when every so often there’s an inventive new routine. This book is different.

FIRST, every idea that ever came to Steve Spill’s mind during his 50 YEARS in comedy magic isn’t here just because it seemed in some way original. The routines in this book are ALL KILLERS, NO FILLERS.

SECOND, included in every routine is every word, joke, action, and gesture of his presentation. True, not every word, joke, action, and gesture will fit you like a glove, or fit every circumstance where you might perform. But how to make the routines in this book, or any book, truly yours, is revealed here in clear detail... That’s the focus of this text. This book is not a catalogue of knuckle-busters - it’s about making your magic you, adding comedy, and how to develop your own original material.

Ten of the routines have never been published in any form ever before. The two that have, SHARP POINTY THINGS, over the last decade has been a best-selling fifty-dollar single trick DVD, Confessions of a Needle Swallower. Added details about the routine are presented here for the first time. CITRIC ACID, Spill’s classic routine for the LEMON TRICK was published a million years ago on a Doc Eason video - although only somewhat accurately, without essential elements that aid in the ease of handling or any of the pertinent thinking or logic behind its construction - Now everything is exposed here, much of it now obtainable for the very first time.

Here is a brief description of the other routines in the book:

LIKE A VIRGIN – a borrowed signed bill to impossible location - using a stack of CDs - that was originally developed and performed for Richard Branson and guests at one of his exclusive events.

THINGS OF UNIQUE BEAUTY – everyone in the audience is let in on the secret except for the onstage volunteer in this bit about uniquely American items such as the Corn Dog, the Chia Pet, Snuggy, the Clapper, et cetera – in the end not only the onstage volunteer, but also the audience, are fooled – but in different ways.

RED & BLUE – a half/dyed color-changing hank routine about Democrats and Republicans that equally makes fun of both donkeys and elephants during the various phases – ending with the conclusion that both parties are, “Cut from the same cloth.”

MODRERN FAMILY – a Soft Soap type routine - with G-strings, bikini underwear, and tighty-whiteys - that are soiled with lipstick kiss marks and handprints – that’s a surefire recipe for magic that causes a stir in loins and laughter.

LEAF ME ALONE – a Six Card repeat idea done with three leaves and a surprise ending that features a ton of audience participation which culminates in a big-promised-audience-response.

ABRA CADAVERS – a You Do as I Do concept using toe tags and death certificates with a darkly humorous script and a surprise burst of flame at the finish.

DING BELL DIE BOX – this ain’t your grandpa’s Die Box routine – but it does use a half-dozen of the kind of bells you see sitting on hotel check-in desks with a button on top, that you tap and there’s a “ding” sound – that will assuredly keep your grandpa awake.

FROZEN PONY – a spectator-to-spectator telepathic routine with variations including a banquet room ice sculpture, crystal ball, and decorative glass figurines.

COPING WITH EDDIE – the only card trick in the book that’s about a boy intimidated by a gently pranking tormentor - which he beats with a Triumph-type-effect.

GO HIMBER FREE – the single most inquired about routine in the book. Three finger rings are borrowed and linked. The chain is in audience view at all times until it is clear each volunteer that loaned a ring gets a close look. No switches, no stooges, no Himber Ring.

For those who haven’t ordered yet, please be aware this book will improve your sex life dramatically. After only a few pages you will begin to feel intelligent, charming, and clever, then aroused, then funny. And after a few chapters, whatever personal or health problems you are experiencing will immediately vanish.

Experience HOW TO MAKE LOVE THE STEVE SPILL WAY, personally autographed, go to magicopolis.com / magicians only. Limited quantity available. Now shipping. Presale price extended until June 21, 2018
Steve Spill
View Profile
V.I.P.
211 Posts

Profile of Steve Spill
Since posting above, these comments just came in:

Jon Armstrong

I have only had this book for about a week and I have already read it twice. It’s full of real insight, practical routines (one of which I’m working on for my show right now) and it’s just super fun to read.

Peter Samelson

Just back from Europe and it is my first read! Wow. So good!

Tommy Fusillo

I am reading it a second time as well! BRAVO Steve Spill. Thanks for sharing this book
with us!

Jeff Morris

The book is awesome. I've read it twice!

Hanno Rhomberg

Steve your first book was amazing and very funny. Your new book arrived last week in Austria and it is so great. Funny, well written and full of great routines. Thank you also that you shared one of your amazing stories in our Magic Magazin Aladin. Its a great gift for magic pals you really like.

Hal Meyers

This book is amazing - seriously! You are going to be blown away on multiple levels. A MUST read! And it's really funny - too!

Denzil John Asche

He’s a great writer, witty and warm with extraordinary stories. It really is a magic book, though, with routines and filled with performing tips and experience.

the book is available here: magicopolis.com / magicians only
markmiller
View Profile
Special user
731 Posts

Profile of markmiller
Jamy Ian Swiss rave review from today - https://www.magicana.com/news/blog/how-m......pill-way
noble1
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of noble1
New Steve Spill Magicopolis book review today from Jack Shalom in NYC https://jackshalom.net/2018/07/31/how-to......ill-way/
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5930 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
I caught the show this weekend. Great fun in an intimate setting. The show is well honed and engages the audience in that way only experienced live entertainment can!
markmiller
View Profile
Special user
731 Posts

Profile of markmiller
STEVE BYANT NEWEST CRITIC TO FALL IN LOVE WITH LOVE

His acclaim below along with Jamy Ian Swiss and Jack Shalom links.

Books on magic theory often come from writers you've never heard of before, which puts their advice into question, and on rare occasions from those who have put in the flight time and earned both a reputation and a living. This is the latter case, from two of the most successful magicians I know. Read and learn.
DIABOLICAL DOZEN -- This is about Steve Spill's new book of magic, How to Make Love the Steve Spill Way. But before we dive into that, let me repeat my advice from April 2015 to read Spill's I Lie for Money, one of the most enjoyable magic autobiographies you will find, spanning Steve's early life as a sort of Magic Castle mascot studying under Vernon and Charlie Miller to his recent decades as major domo of Magicopolis in Santa Monica. And hey, it's way cheaper than the new book, at less than three bucks on Kindle or twenty in hardback.

Magicopolis secrets.
OK, you're back from that? Good. On to the new tome, which contains 12 Steve Spill magic tricks that you can do. Adhering to the sex manual metaphor, the book is divided into two sections, Foreplay (theory) and Seduction (the 12 tricks). In the opening chapter "Hello, Sailor" Steve establishes the goals: (1) How to make the 12 routines in the book, or any book, truly yours and (2) how to make your magic you, adding comedy, and how to develop your own original material. The next chapter "Exposing Myself" is a short version of the life I told you to read, above, establishing Steve's bona fides as a Castle kid (Charlie Miller once made him a peanut butter and jelly sandwich!), as an opener for rock stars, as half of the Brook Farm Inn of Magic, and of course proprietor of and the performer at Magicopolis. On to theory. The next three chapters "You Are Who You Is," "Seriously, I'm Joking," and "Wired to Create" accordingly cover how to make your magic you, how to be funny, and how to be creative. Steve is definitely pro-comedy and argues that point well as he provides the specifics that the chaapters address.
A few of the dozen tricks:
Sharp Pointy Things. In my fourth-grade summer I performed an outdoor magic show, tacking up hand-lettered signs advertising what I would do, among those things the Houdini needle swallowing trick. Fortunately, I came to my senses, or maybe my mom did, and I skipped that trick. So many decades later, I am still not going to do it. But if you want to, here are the complete details of how Steve Spill does it, and I have seen him fool doctors.
Citric Acid. Steve's famous Bill to Lemon trick, once shared on a Doc Eason VHS, now taught with all the details. This is the bill routine to learn.
Modern Family. An R-rated version of Soft Soap. I love typing those words. Does anyone out there under, say 60, remember what Soft Soap is?
Abra Cadavers. This is a spooky Do As I Do with toe tags and death certificates, with a flashy surprise ending, my kind of trick! If I were still doing Halloween shows I'd be working on this right now. Steve should have left it out and sold the rights to Zabrecky.
Coping with Eddie. A surprisingly relevant stand-up card routine based on a Steve Bedwell trick, about bullies.
Go Himber Free. The Himber linking finger rings without a Himber ring. Just beautiful to watch. Every detail taught in 51 pages.

Three rings actually linked.
Hard cover, 270 pages, highly entertaining writing, with funky illustrations by the author*, from Magicopolis.com. $125. Steep, yes, but fair for fully scripted professional routines with all the little details worked out.
*I have a fondness for primitive cartoonish art in magic books, such as encountered in, say, John Carney's 1987 booklets. Note that young Steve Spill was the staff artist for Talisman.

https://jackshalom.net/2018/07/31/how-to......ill-way/

https://www.magicana.com/news/blog/how-m......pill-way
Steve Spill
View Profile
V.I.P.
211 Posts

Profile of Steve Spill
JOHN LOVICK GENII REVIEW OF MY BOOK
How To Make Love the Steve Spill Way by Steve Spill
I’ve been thinking a lot about how my favorite magic books really capture their subject or conveys the quintessence of an author. Books in which the subject’s (or author’s) essence, philosophy, aesthetic, and personality somehow emerge from the pages. Steve Spill’s latest book is a perfect example of this.
If you’re not familiar with him, let me tell you—Steve Spill is the real deal. Whatever goals you have, or have had, regarding doing magic professionally, Spill has almost certainly done what you’ve dreamed of. He holds the record for being the youngest person to ever perform in the Close-up Gallery at the Magic Castle. This happened in 1967, when he was 12 years old, long before the AMA had a Junior Program or anything resembling Future Stars Week. As a teen he hung out with Dai Vernon, Charlie Miller, Michael Skinner, Slydini, Senator Crandall, Francis Carlyle, and Albert Goshman. As a young adult he spent years performing at the Jolly Jester, a bar in Aspen and the Brookfarm Inn of Magic in D.C. He spent about a decade doing corporate gigs and playing in casinos, comedy clubs, and auditoriums opening for rock stars, with many TV appearances sprinkled in. For the last twenty-plus years he has owned and operated Magicopolis in Santa Monica where he does more than 250 full-evening shows per year. He knows more about performing magic for real people in more contexts than I (or you) ever will.
He wrote a candid, outrageous memoir a couple years ago (I Lie for Money), and now he has poured his soul into another book that offers advice, wisdom, guidance, and material from his working repertoire. The book reflects him in every way. It’s funny, inspiring, profane, smart, wise (those are two different things), insightful, crude (as in vulgar, but also aesthetically questionable—the punctuation is a mess and the illustrations aren’t quite successful in fulfilling their gonzo aspirations), and occasionally baffling with flashes of genius. I laughed out loud several times. I also cringed a few times. But that’s the beauty of the book. Spill pulls no punches and doesn’t play it safe. He pushes buttons, boundaries, and the envelope.
How To Make Love the Steve Spill Way is divided into two sections, titled “Foreplay” and “Seduction”. “Foreplay” contains five essays wherein Spill shares a bit of his history and words of wisdom on various topics, all related to the focus of this text: How to make magic routines truly yours. Spill recommends the following three steps to accomplish this. Share who you are, integrate comedy into your magic, and develop your own original material. In the essays, he provides examples of all of the above through personal anecdotes and direct advice.
The essays are meandering, digressive, but if you just go with the flow, everything you need to know about being an original, creative performer is there. Sometimes it’s between the lines, but more often he’s very explicit (in more ways than one). Here is a random sample of some of the things I highlighted.
“The big trap magicians fall into is trying to get by only on the basis of their tricks.”
“The secret is to act like a human being. And too may magicians act like magicians.”
“Normal gets you nowhere.”
“Can you think of a phrase that might define your brand?”
“When you steal material, you’re not only robbing them, you’re also stealing from yourself, because you’re not pursuing your own creative process.”
“If a bit doesn’t work, do the exact opposite and it’ll sometimes work.”
And finally: “Don’t be a flat squirrel.”
The remainder of the book (“Seduction”) is a dozen tricks directly from Spill’s working repertoire (I saw his show at Magicopolis recently, and he did three of the tricks in this book). Each trick includes the story behind the routine’s creation, often with anecdotes involving celebrities he has worked with or performed for. Of the dozen tricks, very few are going to fit you. And that’s basically the point of the book, and the reason for the essays. The way to approach this (or any) magic book is to figure out a way to make the material work for you. Magic routines are not one-size-fits-all; they need to be customized before they’ll fit you like a glove. But when you see how he has taken routines and changed them to fit himself, you should be able to see how you can change them to fit yourself.
Of the twelve routines, I’m going to focus on three, because I think they are masterpieces—“Citric Acid,” “Sharp Pointy Things,” and “Go Himber Free.”
With “Citric Acid,” Spill reveals—for the first time—the method and presentation of his seminal version of Bill in Lemon. And I use the word seminal very carefully. In the 1960s, Bill in Lemon was rarely performed. It wasn’t completely lost to history, but very few magicians did it. In 1969, Spill revived the trick when he devised this extremely popular method and staging for the trick. But wait. How can it be popular if this is the first time Spill has published it? Well, that story has already been told in his memoir (mentioned above) and I won’t repeat it here, but you can probably guess the gist of it. His presentation includes a great gag to facilitate borrowing money and some great advice about gauging the tenor of the crowd and adjusting your comedy/references accordingly. There is also invaluable advice about how to handle the vanish, the load, and the revelation of the bill in the lemon.
“Sharp Pointy Things” is his work on Needle Swallowing, another trick that was little performed when Spill started doing it over forty years ago. He writes that it gets the biggest reaction of anything he’s ever done. About a decade ago, he explained this on a DVD, and here in print he again reveals everything: all his patter, every tiny detail of the method, safety tips, and an interesting step-by-step approach designed for those who might be too timid or scared to put needles in their mouths. Spill’s approach is fairly comedic. He seems more interested in this effect being entertaining than mysterious or astonishing, but every performer will of course make adjustments according to their own style.
The final trick was the highlight of the book for me. “Go Himber Free” is his method for the Linking Finger Rings. As the title suggests, Spill’s method does not involve a Himber ring, and it is performed with three genuinely borrowed rings, no switches and no stooges. It is the cleanest handling you will ever see and it is brilliant. When I read this method I was stunned and excited, as were the people who loaned Spill their rings when I saw him perform it recently.
The remaining routines include a Bill to Impossible Location, a presentation for McComb’s “Half-dyed Color-Changing Hanky,” an updated presentation (and method) for “Soft Soap”, a You Do As I Do done with toe tags and death certificates, a presentation for the Die Box (the story of its creation includes a masterful lesson in how to walk into a sketchy situation with a tough crowd and pummel them into submission), and a new presentation for the Ultra Mental Deck with an extra magical moment.
Some of you will hate the book, and some will be offended. It might seem contradictory (or hypocritical) that I often berate authors for syntax and grammar errors (see my column last month), but am giving Spill a pass here. True, Spill’s punctuation is a mess, however different books have different goals. This book is a personal, comedic expression, and I’m using different standards here than for books that attempt to be scholarly, serious works. Finally, it might seem that this book has a steep asking price (only $25 dollars less than the DeLand book, after all), but when you properly assess what Spill is offering—a life’s worth of advice and material—it is a #&*@$!^% bargain.
How To Make Love the Steve Spill Way * Steve Spill * 6" x 9"; 270 pages, hardcover, illustrated with pen and ink drawings; published by Magic Concepts, Inc.; www.magicopolis.com; Dealers should contact the publisher; $125.
Steve Spill
View Profile
V.I.P.
211 Posts

Profile of Steve Spill
TATTOO!
BLACK FRIDAY GIFT $50 OFF
FOR MAGICIANS & PSYCHIC ENTERTAINERS

An original new contemporary plot - 5 plus minutes of surprising astonishing wonder direct from the Steve Spill Show to your show. TATTOO! A most amazing funny routine.

The time is now. TATTOO! Watch the video.

This hardcover dust jacket book is personally illustrated, written, and gimmicked by me and produced on a small scale. NO FORCE, SPECTATOR HAS COMPLETELY FREE CHOICE OF ANY TATTOO IN THE BOOK.

Complete with routine, multiple scripts, downloadable tutorial, worldwide performance rights - including postage and handling – BLACK FRIDAY DISCOUNT NOT AVAILABLE ON THE MAGICOPOLIS.COM / Magicians Only WEBSITE – Normally you pay $199, BLACK FRIDAY DEAL $149 paypal to info@magicopolis.com with message BLACK TATTOO, foreign orders instead of normal $224, paypal $174 with message BLACK TATTOO info@magicopolis.com CHECK IT OUT:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/9143
noble1
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of noble1
Any magicians out there want to join me in catching the Magicopolis show this Saturday 8PM?
Steve Spill
View Profile
V.I.P.
211 Posts

Profile of Steve Spill
MAGIC IS MY WEED
NEW STEVE SPILL BOOK

The Magic Circle in London called my last book, HOW TO MAKE LOVE THE STEVE SPILL WAY, “the book of the decade.” That was kind of embarrassing – but if those brainy upper-crust UK dudes think that, who am I to argue? Their review was in the May 29, 2019 Magic Circular.

My wife Bozena says I’m brilliant and the funniest magician on the planet. Well, I am her husband, so she might not be objective – but since she knows me better than anyone, it must be true.

Don’t ask me. All I can say for sure is that I’ve been a comedy magician for fifty years who has walked a mile in every man’s shoes. What I mean is, I’ve lived large and fallen hard – and I’ve survived – performing at casinos, corporate events, social soirees, on TV, and for the last two-plus decades I’ve done my own show in my own theater, Magicopolis, in Santa Monica. That’s how I know what I know. You could steal five or six books from the Magic Castle library, and not get anywhere near as much help and inspiration as you’ll get in my new masterwork – MAGIC IS MY WEED.

This book is designed to skyrocket your creativity – it offers practical techniques and exercises for improvising without preparation as a comedy magician – which is different than what a set-up punchline stand-up comic does, or sketch actors improvising with each other do. You get a sure-fire callback system with tags that you can incorporate into your show right away – if you have no idea what that last sentence meant – you need this book. I reveal my personal innovative ideas on how to capture swinging singles, kids, teenagers, seniors, corporate crowds, and establish rapport and a sense of camaraderie with those audiences – for real – along with a pantload of other ideas that will help you increase engagement, boost your creativity, and transform your life.

PLUS YOU GET TWELVE SURE-FIRE AUDIENCE-TESTED ROUTINES that can help close the gap between where you are and where you want to be. Kick ass with these routines that are complete with every gesture, nuance, method and handling – including word-for-word laugh-getting scripts that get results. These are the twelve routines of which I speak:

MINDREADING GOOSE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZDtzhPCry4

GRAB N STAB https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj4wvnuB4rM

MUNCHIES
A spectator selects a restaurant menu and mentally orders a meal – the magician divines the appetizer, entree, and dessert and wraps the bit with a surprise finish.

POTHEAD
One of the most crowd-pleasing Miser’s Dream routines ever, with six silver dollars, a pot and a large spoon, that ends with a dinner plate size coin.

BIZ CARD BUNCO
Seven solid corporate event minutes where a spectator takes on a new identity and you divulge their innermost thoughts.

AN AROUSING DOUSING
A spectator is given a dousing rod that goes haywire and finds hidden water amongst a boatload of whisky.

BROKEN MIRROR
A bloody message mysteriously appears on the surface of a broken piece of mirror. Yes, that’s the bottom line visual effect. But what really affects the crowd response to the surprise writing is the story.

CUB
I’ll wager there’s never been another routine where an appearing and vanishing golden Cub Scout wolf neckerchief and slide were used as a metaphor for a plethora of unwanted ordered and returned mail-order items – no gimmicks and plenty of comedy and magic throughout this eight-phase presentation.

THE RENAISSANCE NUDE
Being an artist has always been a good way for geeks to get chicks naked. Especially true with this Renaissance routine, that makes use of a three-panel painting, known as a triptych, and the surprise funny finish features an actual nude.

GROUPIE
A volunteer groupie imagines herself at a concert – without revealing a thing – that artist’s music starts playing on an old record player, simultaneously that very record cover rises from a stack, and on the back of our groupie’s photo is a poster advertising the exact concert in mind – from the artist, right down to the date, time, and venue.

WASTE NOT
Although the general effect, that of restoration, is nothing new… this reweaving of how to get to that conclusion precludes audiences from anticipating the outcome. Nope, I’m not talking about the popular pastime of pretending to read jokes off pre-torn pieces of newspaper. In fact, there isn’t any newspaper involved at all. This is a never-revealed-before effect and never-revealed-before method.

RICE PAPER
The penultimate two-person balls-over-head routine that’s been perfected in over 20,000 performances.

MAGIC IS MY WEED has everything a book should have: 287 sequentially numbered pages, ink, binding – even a hardcover – all at no extra charge!

Special pre-publication discount offer – $95 paypal to info@stevespill.com international $120, all pre-publication orders are personally autographed and include shipping and handling. MAGIC IS MY WEED is due to ship in seven weeks, thereafter $125 per copy domestic, $150 international.

Hasn’t indecision ruled your life long enough? Take a stand and buy this groundbreaking inspirational manifesto now.
markmiller
View Profile
Special user
731 Posts

Profile of markmiller
Caught the last Magicopolis show and ordered Weed..
Steve Spill
View Profile
V.I.P.
211 Posts

Profile of Steve Spill
RE: My sale of Magicopolis to Randy Sinnott – the inside poop for those millions who have emailed, PM’d, VM’d, called, et cetera

A while back, someone asked if I had ever considered selling Magicopolis. That’s ridiculous, I thought. But I said, “I’ve had a lot of offers. I just haven’t met the right person.” That deal led nowhere, but it made me realize that I was not opposed to the idea, and I wasn’t shy about sharing that thought with others. When I shared with my business partner and wife, Bozena – that feeling about it being time to pass the baton and let someone else take over Magicopolis, she said, “That’s good… Come to bed.” I climbed into bed and felt loved like never before. I realized how blessed I was. And that cracking a deal allowing another entity’s acquisition of Magicopolis would actually be liberating. And when that mission was accomplished, it felt like a huge burden lifted off my shoulders. I felt free and I fell asleep that night with the woman who was my strength and courage.

People have asked why I sold Magicopolis, did it get boring doing the show year after year? I can honestly say, no, it never did. Perhaps, at the time I became motivated to sell Magicopolis I was enduring a lapse of sight of that... mainly because I never took my foot off the gas pedal. Including regularly scheduled shows and special events I averaged at least two hundred performances a year for twenty-one years straight – and would get really tired, my body would regularly get worn down. I ain’t a young pup anymore. The time came to relax and recharge my depleted batteries. Yes, I can work less now and there is nothing better than being your own boss. Well, there is, actually… not having to work at all. That is way better.

And by “not working,” I mean having no employees or a massive monthly nut and all the other theater-owner-producer responsibilities and minute ******** that have nothing to do with feeling artistic or creative or inventive. Now I perform at my own leisurely discretion, a few shows a month, and there’s plenty of time for writing and drawing and painting – which I enjoy as much as magic – and indulging in Bozena’s passion for travel, which is high on her list of highs. As of right now today, the owner of Magicopolis is Randolph P. Sinnott, former Magic Castle president, founding partner of a nationally recognized law firm, and former United States Marine Corps Colonel – a man who is qualified for the theater-owner-producer task beyond belief. And yes, he is also artistic and creative and inventive.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Magicopolis (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL