The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Magicopolis (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..14~15~16 [Next]
scottasf
View Profile
Regular user
san leandro, ca
157 Posts

Profile of scottasf
Where to begin?

Traveling with the family to Los Angeles? Want to get into the Castle but you have under 21 years of age kids with you? You want them to see a real magic show?

Pay a visit to Magicopolis!!

Steve Spill has a great room that seats 150 very comfortably with no bad seat in the house. A very nice stage and a heck of a fun show geared for all ages.

I went ther on Halloween night with another magic buddy and we were treated to grand illusion, parlour magic, coin magic (very visual) great bar magic and juggling before the show.

The show was performed personally by Steve and his female assistant (who is Hungarian)

Steve engages the entire audience from the very start of the show. His audience management skills are superb. His partner for the evening (I forgot her name) provided great comedy interaction with Steve while performing major illusion and she had some very sweet moments while performing at the foot of the stage with a young (9 yo) girl with story telling magic.

He does have a bar outside of the show room which has the typical beer selections and a nice wine list. There are sodas, hot dogs, pop corn, and candy for sale.

He has a small magic for sale counter next to the snack bar with products from Royal Magic and a selection of DVD's.

All in all, I had a great evening at Magicopolis.

If you are an SAM member, be sure to read this months issue of MUM and get more information about Steve Spill.

I am glad I went!
2008/2009 President Oakland Magic Circle

"Life would be so wonderful if we only knew what to do with it." - Greta Garbo
markmiller
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of markmiller
Great cover story about Spill and Magicopolis in the current MUM Magazine. Congratulations!
cairo
View Profile
Veteran user
398 Posts

Profile of cairo
The MUM mag was coolest feature they ever had. I just got word on Facebook that Spill and Magicopolis will be on Last Call with Carson Daly tommorow, Friday November 6, 1:30am on NBC.
Dr. Solar
View Profile
Special user
Citrus Heights, Ca.
526 Posts

Profile of Dr. Solar
Steve,
I was recently down past your place but it was, sadly, a weeknight. I came down to pay a visit to Santa Monica Puppet Center's (now closed)Steve Meltzer, who is stricken with brain cancer. I will be down within a couple of weeks and plan to bring a friend from Santa Monica over to catch your wonderful show and hopefully add a new fan. I would never think of a trip to LA region without a visit to Magicopolis. It's that good ya all.

Doc
"look for me in all things forgotten"
www.drsolar.com
mumford
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of mumford
Adam Sandler and family visit Magicopolis. http://justjared.buzznet.com/2009/11/09/......copolis/
noble1
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of noble1
Hey Steve congratulations on being this months MUM coverboy, I really enjoyed the feature article!
noble1
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of noble1
I went again last Saturday night and I can only say how much my friend, a visiting magician from South Africa, and I enjoyed ourselves - it was excellent. We were thoroughly entertained by Steve’s twists on the classics.

Steve's delivery was really good and I have to say I particularly liked his improvisations with various spectators, they were a delight to watch. Keep up the good work Steve. I thoroughly recommend this show to everyone.
steve spill
View Profile
V.I.P.
199 Posts

Profile of steve spill
Here at Magicopolis all the little elves are busy getting ready for our annual New Year's Eve blowout with a complimentary buffet, champagne toast,lots of drinks, party favors, hats, noisemakers and our two hour show Escape Reality. As always it's sold out. If you are not coming we'll still be think of you. Happy New Year!
steve spill
View Profile
V.I.P.
199 Posts

Profile of steve spill
We're still recovering from the NYE bash. Rececent celebrity Magicopolis visitors have included Dick Clark, Keenan Ivory Wayans, and Bob Dylan.

Visit the Santa Monica Museum of Art Sunday, February 7, 5 – 6:30 pm for "Portrait of the Magician as a Young Man with Steve Spill of Magicopolis"!

Except for the exclusion of the many mundane, unproductive, and boring stretches, which have little or no entertainment value to anyone, this speech will be my complete and official, abridged autobiography, ages zero to twenty-one, with a few tricks along the way.

February 14 is Valentine’s Day, join me and celebrate at Magicopolis, plenty of food, drinks, and, of course, Escape Reality, our two hour concert of illusion.

Details on the Museum talk and Valentine’s Day on our facebook page right here: http://www.facebook.com/#/group.php?gid=34086614958&ref=mf

Also visit our website http://www.magicopolis.com
steve spill
View Profile
V.I.P.
199 Posts

Profile of steve spill
All proceeds from Fri Jan 22 / 8PM, Sat Jan 23 2PM & 8PM / Sun Jan 24 / 2PM will be going to help Haiti. If you can't make it to our show please donate to the Red Cross, or do both!!!
Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1195 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
Just saw the show again last night, and it never fails to be a great evening out. Families, couples, groups of friends, it does matter the size, everyone will enjoy their evening at Magicopolis. Erik Tait did an awesome job warming up the crowd at the bar (with magic & spirits), as they waited for the showroom to open. Steve and his team really know how make a group feel comfortable. The show is amazing, funny and best of all a memorable experience your friends will not soon forget.

Ken
mumford
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of mumford
Going again for Valentine's with two other couples. Nothing better.
msmaster
View Profile
Special user
521 Posts

Profile of msmaster
I was at the matinee yesterday and Reese Witherspoon was in the audience!
noble1
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of noble1
I'm a perpetual Magicopolis showgoer and like any normal tourist I have seen a few movie stars there. But a big thrill for me was actually meeting Carl Ballantine at Magicopolis a couple years back. He was funny and friendly after the show when he was goofing around with Steve in the lobby. Ballantine cracked everyone up with his loud voice constantly making hilarious fashion commentaries on audience members clothes and haircuts as they left the theater. He had a cane, but he had energy and was really animated like a cartoon. I don't think most of the people he made fun of knew who he was but they weren't offended. I think most thought he was just some crazy old man. I loved every minute of it and will never forget that day.
lebowski
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of lebowski
I just signed up for the Paul Daniels master class at Magicopolis. I found Daniels seminar on making money valuable, I expect this all day event on performing comedy magic should also be great. I'd like to meet any Café members going. I'm also going to the Magicopolis show that night, June 7. PM me if you plan to go. These are the details on the master class. http://www.wizardhq.com/servlet/the-1050......0/Detail
steve spill
View Profile
V.I.P.
199 Posts

Profile of steve spill
Noble1, as you do, I fondly remember that Ballantine visit. Lebowski I'm certain the Paul Daniels event will be a blockbuster. The other day we had another famous magician visitor. To protect his privacy, I'll call him Betty. His real name is David Blaine, and as I think about it, David Blaine doesn't want his privacy, he being a world-renowned magician who lovces his renown.

We just posted a photo of Blaine and I over at http://www.magicopolis.com - it's the one on the left side of the home page wedged between Desperate Housewives Marcia Cross and Conan O'Brien sidekick Andy Richter. While you're at http://www.magicopolis.com be certain but a few tickets to one of our upcoming performances of Escape Reality; the show with floating ladies, mindreading, and sleight-hand.
steve spill
View Profile
V.I.P.
199 Posts

Profile of steve spill
I just bread the above plost sorry for all the typos...
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
879 Posts

Profile of sperris
Hey guys steve will be on my live show at itricks.com tomorrow at 8pm eastern be sure to tune in as he gives a live virtual tour of magicopolis, shares road stories, and more!!!

Just go to itricks.com and join in the fun and mayhem tomorrow night live at itricks.com!
DANSPERRY.COM
steve spill
View Profile
V.I.P.
199 Posts

Profile of steve spill
Magicopolis is an awesome place. Why haven't I heard of it before the Sperris show on itricks.com?
steve spill
View Profile
V.I.P.
199 Posts

Profile of steve spill
Up early, working on Discovery Channel's Pit Boss which is filming this week at Magicopolis. My episode will be on the tube this summer.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Magicopolis (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..14~15~16 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.43 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL