The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Boston's (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5699 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Has anyone ever worked a Boston's Gourmet Pizza before? What can you guys tell me about the company? I have never eaten there but drove by one today and figured "what the heck." So I walked in, spoke to the GM, and we're now in negoiations for me adding them to my schedule.

Just curious...?

Christopher
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Magic_Steve
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1476 Posts

Profile of Magic_Steve
No, but I'm thinking of approaching them soon. I have one about 10 minutes from my house. Just went there a week ago with friends...PERFECT place for magic! Smile
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13139 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I've never heard of them. I guess they are everywhere but Boston.
derrick
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug holes for
1044 Posts

Profile of derrick
Steve,

I was in Kansas City this weekend and saw my first Red Robin. I didn't realize what a nice establishment it is. For some reason I had this big Baskin Robin's in my head.

Lyle, sorry, don't know a thing about Boston's Gormet Pizza. On the other hand regarding our conversation the other day, I do start working an American Pie Pizza starting tonight.

Derrick
Magic_Steve
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1476 Posts

Profile of Magic_Steve
Derrick,

Between this and me racing, you're getting the wrong image of a lot of things I do hahaha!! Smile

Tell ya what. If you're ever in Maryland, I'll take you on a "Day in the Life of Magic Steve" for FREE!!! There's a deal ya can't turn down! We'll go riding, you'll get to see me work, and if you happen to be around on a Sunday, you can see me race too. Smile

Sound like a plan bro?
Steve
jiayi
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
326 Posts

Profile of jiayi
Not sure if it is the same as Boston Pizza here in Canada. I worked at one on Sundays. Nice place. And I know a couple others working at other Boston Pizza locations in the proximity (Toronto). It is a franchise business. Quite Receptive to restaurant entertainers.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5699 Posts

Derrick....

YES!!! Way to go buddy!!! That's what I call a "NICE KICK IN THE TEETH!!!" (He knows what I mean!)
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
marty.sasaki
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of marty.sasaki
Yeah, I was wondering what a Boston Pizza would be like? Most of the pizza places claim to be from other places, like "real Italian" pizza, or Chicago-style pizza, New York pizza, Greek Pizza, etc.
Marty Sasaki
Arlington, Massachusetts, USA

Standard disclaimer: I'm just a hobbyist who enjoys occasionally mystifying friends and family, so my opinions should be viewed with this in mind.
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
802 Posts

Profile of meyegr
I wonder how many here have had 'real' Italian pizza (or even know what it is)
derrick
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug holes for
1044 Posts

Profile of derrick
I was taking my Mom to the airport (at 5:30 a.m.) this morning and what do you know, they've just built a brand spanking new Boston's Gormet Pizza right off the exit ramp to the airport. I'm going to have to check the place out. By the way, their crowd was awful.

meyegr - I didn't know there was real Italian pizza. I always thought it was like french fries, which I don't believe were first made in France but for all I know certainly could have been.

Derrick
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5699 Posts

Derrick...

Thanks for tip. I will make sure I don't play the 5:30am shift! = )
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Carducci
View Profile
Special user
Denver
538 Posts

Profile of Carducci
Quote:
On 2008-04-01 09:07, meyegr wrote:
I wonder how many here have had 'real' Italian pizza (or even know what it is)

I've had 'real' Italian pizza. I've been to plenty of places in the US that come pretty close as well.

Christopher, good luck with the new venue!
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
802 Posts

Profile of meyegr
Quote:
On 2008-04-02 10:14, derrick wrote:
I was taking my Mom to the airport (at 5:30 a.m.) this morning and what do you know, they've just built a brand spanking new Boston's Gormet Pizza right off the exit ramp to the airport. I'm going to have to check the place out. By the way, their crowd was awful.

meyegr - I didn't know there was real Italian pizza. I always thought it was like french fries, which I don't believe were first made in France but for all I know certainly could have been.

Derrick

Uh, no
marty.sasaki
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of marty.sasaki
Boston has a large group of decendants from Italian immigrants as well as recent immigrants. The "North End" is sort of a "little Italy" with a large number of Italian eateries. Shops have their fans. I'm sure this is true in many places.

Please report what a Boston Pizza is like...
Marty Sasaki
Arlington, Massachusetts, USA

Standard disclaimer: I'm just a hobbyist who enjoys occasionally mystifying friends and family, so my opinions should be viewed with this in mind.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5699 Posts

Carducci said:

>> Christopher, good luck with the new venue! <<

Well...I don't have it yet. No contract has been signed...we're still hackin' thru the particulars. Should be a done deal by early next week (I hope!).
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Boston's (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL