The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » The Onion... finally peeled (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
PaulPacific
View Profile
Special user
Yes, I used my toes to type all of my
842 Posts

Profile of PaulPacific
Well, you have all been patient with me up until now but the wait is finally over. Instead of replying to all the numerous PMs and emails I have received, I have simply decided to serve my Onion here.... raw.

The hype has been brewing for a number of days now with nearly 3000 views in the Onion thread. I have been cooking this Onion along the same lines as what we have all read in magic ads over the years; "No sleights, no gimmicks, no gaffed cards, no electronics, no stooges, no kidding!"

Well, the Onion method requires no overhead, no cold calls, no managers, no mailings, no envelopes, no paper cuts, no hassle and (believe it or not) no effort.

The method is simplicity itself. I lay in bed and wait for the phone to ring. Period!

Now I realise this may disappoint some who are used to all the conventional systems out there which require lots of time & effort. I'm quite sure the conventional systems work well, but I knew they would not work for me mainly because of my lack of interest in mainstream marketing. My Onion system works well for me & works for the others on this forum who have implemented it for their acts.

A number of you have enquired about the name. Let me set the record straight here... My friend, Mark Lewis once asked me how I manage to get any work at all; knowing that I refuse to send out mailings or get on the phone. I calmly explained, "Well Mark, to be honest, I simply lay in bed & stare at the ceiling and wait for the phone to ring. Work just COMES to me."
He said, "It's no good laying in bed and waiting for gigs.. You might as well think of ONIONS and it would be as equally effective!"
I simply said, "well... It works for me!".... and it DOES work for me! AND IT WILL WORK for YOU too! There are people on this very forum who are already using my system to increase their bookings and as can be seen from their testimonials, they too find the system powerful and effective.

Another ingredient to my Onion is to have a really good act! I know it sounds cliche but it really is true. Word gets around very quickly and a tight, polished and professional act is a MUST for my system to be as effective as it can be.

Many of you have expressed interest in paying for this system and sending me money.. I figured because Spring is in the air I would share my Onion rings with everyone!

Enjoy my Onion and happy bookings!!

Paul ;-)
Blessings on thee, little man,
barefoot boy with cheeks of tan...
Outward sunshine; inward joy,
Blessings on thee, barefoot boy! :-D
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
So what is it?
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9556 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
???
petekoloz
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of petekoloz
This stinks...
joshlondon17
View Profile
Special user
San Diego, CA
685 Posts

Profile of joshlondon17
Where can we learn more about this?
topandball
View Profile
Regular user
New England
132 Posts

Profile of topandball
Quote:
On 2008-03-31 23:30, PaulPacific wrote:

The method is simplicity itself. I lay in bed and wait for the phone to ring. Period!

Am I right in thinking this answers any questions about what this marketing method consists of?
"Gamblin' Sam from Birmingham, I learned this game in Vietnam"
R.I.P. Haynes, the ORIGINAL "Gamblin' Sam"
Doc Dixon
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania, USA
654 Posts

Profile of Doc Dixon
Isn't today National Onion Day in the US?
“For centuries we’ve said playing cards – even a single playing card – could reveal a person’s innermost thoughts.
Now you can prove it!”
See http://www.dixonmagic.com/page5/page5.html
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Happy onion day everybody, or whatever date it is on your calendar.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Like I said,

Since I've started using this method, no cold calls and my performing schedule has stayed the same.

...I am a busker though Smile
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7379 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Quote:
On 2008-03-31 23:30, PaulPacific wrote:
Well, the Onion method requires no overhead, no cold calls, no managers, no mailings, no envelopes, no paper cuts, no hassle and (believe it or not) no effort.

[snip]

Another ingredient to my Onion is to have a really good act! I know it sounds cliche but it really is true. Word gets around very quickly and a tight, polished and professional act is a MUST for my system to be as effective as it can be.

In order for you to have a really good act, doesn't that require lots of "effort"? How is that "no effort"?

- Donald Smile
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Hello Donald,

Me thinks you and others have been strung along for the last month so that Paul can have a good laugh at you all on today April 1st. Don't take much of his PR for the Onion too seriously as it was a clever but fiendish setup.

Paul... you're a sick sick man. You'll do well in show biz! I don't want to get on your bad side. Congrats on a well executed stunt.

Happy April Fools Day.

Best,

Tim
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Lord, they look and yet they do not see...<Shaking Head slowly>... Smile
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
magico563
View Profile
Veteran user
UK, sheffield.
381 Posts

Profile of magico563
So Paul you are telling me, all the hyping up everyone did in the last thread was so you could slap one on us for april fools!!! Well that is fantasic and I give you a pat on the back!!

Thanks, magico563:-)
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2227 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
If you are trying to remind everyone, “if it sounds too good to be true, it is” you’ve done a good job.

:applause:
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7379 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Hi Tim -

I knew something wasn't quite right about The Onion thread, and that's why I didn't chime in on earlier. I had my suspicions that it was a joke, or a wind-up.

But at least he should have told us you can have a bad act, and have the phone ring off the hook, without marketing. Smile

- Donald
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Hi Donald,

My skepticism for "new marketing methods" prevented me from clicking on the original thread even once so I was spared. I did click the Onion thread and realized I had skated past this one. LOL If I had participated in the earlier thread I would have called it as I saw it and thought it was fluff. I would have wasted a lot of time trying to pry more info out of Paul and would have become a perfect prey for his scheme. Thank goodness I didn't ever visit that original post.

Best,

Tim
Michael M.
View Profile
New user
Ex-Brit in the USA
34 Posts

Profile of Michael M.
Quote:
On 2008-04-01 10:05, Timothy Drake wrote:
Hi Donald,

My skepticism for "new marketing methods" prevented me from clicking on the original thread even once so I was spared. I did click the Onion thread and realized I had skated past this one. LOL If I had participated in the earlier thread I would have called it as I saw it and thought it was fluff. I would have wasted a lot of time trying to pry more info out of Paul and would have become a perfect prey for his scheme. Thank goodness I didn't ever visit that original post.

Best,

Tim

Yes, thank Goodness! Dear me, Paul has committed some kind of mortal sin in having an April Fool's laugh!
I fear many of you take yourself so SERIOUSLY that you have a hard time having fun anymore,....creative constipation, as it were!
I thought it was very funny! After all, April Fool's Day is probably the only "entertainer's" holiday on record...that is, if you know your own history!
I side with Skip here, and am also shaking my head slowly, but also with a very Chesire Grin that will not fade soon.
I think Paul's method for his "onion" is painfully clear to those who went:
"huh?"
He stays in bed and waits for the phone to ring.
And if you are like Paul, and have an outstanding show, perhaps...just perhaps...you can do this!
Gentleman, put your other foot forward and have a wondrous April Fool's Day!!!
Congrats to Paul on a great, traditional pot of fun!
Mike
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7379 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
I thought it was fun!

- Donald
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2008-04-01 10:24, Michael M. wrote:

Yes, thank Goodness! Dear me, Paul has committed some kind of mortal sin in having an April Fool's laugh!
I fear many of you take yourself so SERIOUSLY that you have a hard time having fun anymore,....creative constipation, as it were!

Mike

Mike,

Me thinks you missed the point. EVERYONE thought it was clever, funny and well executed. I'm not seeing the seriousness you mention.

Best,

Tim
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7379 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
With so much talk of onions, I'm going to have to go out and buy some beano.

- Donald
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » The Onion... finally peeled (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL