The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Entrepreneur Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
Me and a friend have just been given, basically a blank check for 5-6 thousand dollars.

Were looking to start up something on the internet. I already partly own an internet business so logically I will go there again.

Anyone have any suggestions?
you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all the time but never all of the people all the time.
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I was once given a blank cheque, when I tried to cash it the guy said "Sir you can't cash this...this is just a blank piece of paper."

- Matt Colman.
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Change it in for euros or gold and wait.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I'd buy organic animals.
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Seriously though, I'd pm Paul Pacific and talk about releasing the full work behind his O.N.I.O.N method. If you could twist his arm to release it fully and not just let of off as some "prank" you could potentially have a gold mine on your hands, if you market it right, of coarse using the method you wouldn't really have to market it either.
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Didn't the dot-com bubble already burst? I'd be hard-pressed to actually make money on the internet, unless it was some sort of re-sell scam on eBay (which I've got too much in the way of morals to engage in.)

Of course, if you've already got an internet business going, you've got the necessary experience to make it work. Some uninformed advice- don't start anything related to magic; there's not enough of a consumer base to make it work...

(You may want to try the online dating business, though; from what I gather, it's pretty lucrative. And it's how I met my wife.)

-Erik
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Why would anyone give you a check for six grand? Oh well, sorry it is associated with your friend. I'd buy some stock in a promising company and let it ride. Dot Coms are pretty much dead unless you are a computer genius (I mean a real one, not one of those who think they are one).

If you want to do something on the net I think sports are still big in your area, buy season tickets with it and sell them to people who want to go to games at a profit, if it is legal where you are.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
The dot com bubble burst, but there is still big money to be made on the internet ... particularly through social networking (not the same as dating) sites.

I think it is hard to plan in advance a successful networking site, though. They just seem to catch on sometimes, but mostly not.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
Thanks for the ideas and thoughts. We have a few ideas that look promising!

You guys are talking about starting something that will make 100's or millions. Not that I'm not shooting for that but internet money is certainly out there to be made. Dot com bubble bursting has nothing to do with the internet not being able to make you money, its about the frequency of buy outs. If your shooting for that, then yes its not really booming. For me it still is.
you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all the time but never all of the people all the time.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Smuggle stuff in...if ya know what I mean.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Entrepreneur Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL