The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Torn Too by Daniel Garcia (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
OTTOEMEZZO
View Profile
Special user
544 Posts

Profile of OTTOEMEZZO
Torn was much better in my opinion. This one is less impromptu and not as stunning to lay people.
"The Swan Song" is my last release to the mentalism community. Only a few copies remain!

"Unholy Grail" is now available! Features Perfected Day for Any Date, Ultimate PK Touches, Triple Drawing Duplication, and The Presence (my ghost effect)! Everything is 100% prop-less!

"Tres" LIMITED EDITION e-Book contains my signature "No Touches" PK Touches! Now SOLD OUT!

"Reverie" is for sale! Features extremely strong, 100% prop-less mentalism effects!

"Secret Files" is NOW AVAILABLE directly through me. Contains the EASIEST DAY FOR ANY DATE version!!!
CamisBoss
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of CamisBoss
I loved Torn. The only problem was I couldn't really perform it for a large group. But I don't perform torn 'n restored tricks very often. I'm just not really a fan of them...despite me liking Torn.
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
I have neither Torn or Torn Too, but I am interested in them as I am looking for a new T&R routine. I'm performing Paul Harris' Ultimate Rip-Off at the moment, and although spectators are impressed, that last piece bothers me!
Medifro
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami
1261 Posts

Profile of Medifro
Quote:
On 2008-09-02 07:35, Lord Freddie wrote:
I'm performing Paul Harris' Ultimate Rip-Off at the moment, and although spectators are impressed, that last piece bothers me!

Check Tommy Wonder's book set for a handling that solves the last piece Smile

Torn Too, although there is some decent setup, but its very practical once prepared. I recommend it.

~ Feras
K_B_G
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of K_B_G
Torn Too is awesome.. Hoodwink is another in your face once off restoration that has had my spectators flip their rocks.
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
Quote:
On 2008-09-02 07:35, Lord Freddie wrote:
I have neither Torn or Torn Too, but I am interested in them as I am looking for a new T&R routine. I'm performing Paul Harris' Ultimate Rip-Off at the moment, and although spectators are impressed, that last piece bothers me!

Me too. I love Ultimate Rip-Off, but you're right about it. I guess that's why Paul loved Daniels Torn. I don't know anything about Torn Too, but I think Torn if perfect the way it is. Definitely get it.
Josh303
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Josh303
I'm a fan of Torn by Daniel Garcia as well, but for some reason, I can't pull it off as a "close-up" effect--I have to be a ways back, so people won't see what is going on. I think I'm going to try and bust my knuckles with Guy Hollingworth's Reformation, but I have to acquire a copy of Drawing Room Deceptions somewhere first...anyone know if it's still in print?
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Funny how old threads die a sudden death in the middle of the conversation.

Currently Penguin is offering this effect (torn too) at half price. Reviews there seem to be mixed. A lot of comments about how this has to be done in dim lighting, and is very easy for the spectators to spot, etc.

And a lot of good reviews, too.

That leads to confusion, of course.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I have a question:

I don't have this. The method seems pretty obvious to a magician, but I can see it being very effective for laypeople. So, for those who have this, and are accomplished magicians, is there anything to be learned by way of the method or handling?

KJ
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Mmm can't realy see what is going on in the vid?.I would love to do a T&R card routine and did try PHUZED but just could not get on with it ,too much dirty dithing.
Roy the Illusionist
View Profile
Regular user
Tennessee, USA
147 Posts

Profile of Roy the Illusionist
AaronTheMagician said that Torn Too is performed with a gimmick, I try not to use gimmicks as much as possible(the only gimmick that I like using is an Invisible Deck) and Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic has a method of T&R, without gimmicks, and it is great. While you all can use as many gimmicks as you want, I believe that a true close-up magician should stick to sleights and misdirection.
Are you watching closely?
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-05-04 23:58, Roy the Illusionist wrote:
......I believe that a true close-up magician should stick to sleights and misdirection.

Bill Malone will use gaffs;-)
vampiro
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta
240 Posts

Profile of vampiro
Frankly, this thread has gotten off course through the years. Torn Too by Garcia is an incredible effect. It is easy to do, very visual, and an instant restoration of a corner in front of a spectator, which can be right under their noses. Someone above mentioned a gimmick. This is no more gimmicky than any torn and restored, and does involve very simple sleights--Torn Too is simple direct, and can be done with your deck of cards. What more can you ask for?

I have a suspicion that there are a lot of torn and restored card wannabees, me included, who do not want to keep working on Torn (the full version) and do not want to deal with the angles in a close up situation--it is just too tricky. Also, too many torn and restored effects make one take too many trips to their pocket (one trip is too many, most of the time). Torn Too is just the effect for the magician who wants something they can work with anywhere, anytime, and is actually a worker. Also, it is not obvious to magicians. It is extremely clever and should fool anyone.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Torn Too by Daniel Garcia (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL