The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Don't you just love it when stuff like this happens? :) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
The booker was a member of my networking group. Just increased my god-like status. She mentioned it at our business meeting in front of 60 people.

Another thing I have done that is a bit chancey.... I do a quick finding-the-aces routine, and what I found out by accident in my card set up, I have 3 cards slightly bent due to doing three card monte. They make a great marker.

I keep them on the bottom of the packet and the aces on the top. I can straight cut the deck and have the spectators do it, too. And final cut put it all back in order, then find the aces.

Long story short...at the end of the routine, the aces are lost again and transformed into 4 indifferent cards.

Spectator says, "If I cut the deck, can I find them?"
I say, "Sure, give it a shot."
I'll be ***** if they didn't crap their pants when they did cut to an ace. ME TOO!!

Now I know why and have for a while let it happen as 90% trick with the spectator cutting to the card. I have increased it to 100% by changing one thing, CRISS CROSS FORCE.
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
13908 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2008-04-08 05:19, DJBrenton wrote:
I once did around 30 minutes in the oddest circumstances. I won't go into explanations why, but I ended up performing close-up for a small queue to buy season tickets for a football club at 3 in the morning with cars pulled up to provide headlights. The first two people who picked a card, picked the same card (6 of hearts) which happened to be the same as a full deck I had. I got to let them handle the deck, then switched it for my full deck of 6 of hearts. For another 25 minutes, I had people pick cards, ambitious card, etc., then switched back with everyone amazed they couldn't pick anything other than 6 of hearts out of an "inspected deck".'

Would make for a pretty easy ambitious card with all 52 cards being the same! (Plus, your specs thinking it to be a full deck adds the icing on the cake!) I'd be grinning like a Cheshire cat!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
DJBrenton
View Profile
Regular user
Midlands, England
129 Posts

Profile of DJBrenton
Who wants to do double lifts for 25 minutes. Smile
spatlind
View Profile
Special user
still moving
863 Posts

Profile of spatlind
Quote:
On 2008-04-04 14:38, Dannydoyle wrote:
Wanna know what bites about this?

Well, Michael beat me to the 1 in 52, that should be pretty self explanatory. LOL BUT the thing that bites is that this is a far better joke than trick!

When you hit it, it is just too good. The laugh and disarming nature of it really makes it great. Hitting it just leaves them standing there reactionless. IT BITES.

I went as far as when I was doing comedy clubs to name a card I knew full well was NOT in the deck! (I had a card in my pocket for 51 cards to pocket, so I ALWAYS named that one.) It can really take away momentum, and you have a tough time for the next few minutes.

It is a FAR better joke than trick. ESPECIALLY if you are as surprised as they are! LOL.

Danny, just wondering, if you found yourself with card in hand and someone took a punt and called it, would you reveal it or miscall/switch it to play up the joke instead? Would it depend at what part of your routine it was, taking your point that it would be hard to keep momentum?
Cheers,
Scott
Actions lie louder than words - Carolyn Wells

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature - Frank Lloyd Wright.
Chappo
View Profile
Special user
Bris Vegas
754 Posts

Profile of Chappo
I'll hazard a guess as to what I'd do... Most people have said that it is best to stop the routine and play up the miracle. That is, of course, unless the actual effect fits very nicely with the routine, or you can quickly deviate into another.
The rules of a sleight of hand artist, Are three, and all others are vain,

The 1st & the 2nd are practice... And the 3rd one is practice again

- 'Magic of the Hands', Edward Victor (1940)
lcombs
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of lcombs
If you are into this type of effect, you might also consider "The Trick That Cannot Be Explained" by Dai Vernon. After awhile you get good at the outs, but you will be shocked at how many times the spectator will point to the actual card.

Later...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Don't you just love it when stuff like this happens? :) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL