The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Mel mellers duck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
magicjoe
View Profile
Special user
758 Posts

Profile of magicjoe
Hello all,

I really enjoy Mel Mellers duck trick at the end of the dvd.
is anyone familiar with where I can get one like that. Or does anyone no where he got his from.
Thanks alot
Joe
L Trunk
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
207 Posts

Profile of L Trunk
There is a thread on here that discusses this duck/goose in detail. Try searching the forums for the title of the dvd in which he does the effect, I think you'll find it with that.
magicjoe
View Profile
Special user
758 Posts

Profile of magicjoe
I found the thread but it doesn't say where I can find the goose I don't think.
thanks for the help.
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
I thought this was Steve Spill's bit and he was releasing it with Bob Kohler. I was kinda' shocked to see this on the Meller's DVD.

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I'm lost on this one.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Danny; If it is Steve Spill's bit he's put it into the magicians equivilant of 'public domain' as it was featured on an instructional comedy magic video he put out. (Possibly Steve Spill's Scrapbook?)

This being the case it seems to me that it'd be difficult to put up any objection to someone coming up with their own routine or presentation for it.

I know of several performers in the UK that have used this prop for years but as I'm not one of them I have no idea where you'd get this item.

Neal.
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
That was NOT an instructional video. It was live clips from Steve's shows. Steve Spill has NEVER released that routine for others to use.

Mel Meller's seems like a heck of a nice guy and he credits many people on this video. I was just shocked to see him doing Spill's routine almost verbatim and didn't give any credit at all.

I believe Mr. Spill was doing this routine in the late 70's.

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Here is a video of Mr. Spill performing the routine on TV about 20 years ago!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=junV6itsSf4

It's the same darn routine...except not as funny.

Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Danny,

I haven't watched the video for some years but I recall an explaination of an effect he did where he was attempting to pick out a fake dagger from a bag of real ones. It was shot in a studio too and wasn't clips from live performances. I'm pretty sure it was an instructional video but as I'm not at home at the moment so can't check for sure.

Neal.
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Neal,

I bought the video 10 years ago and wore it out. I recently purchased the DVD from Mr. Spill himself NOWHERE does he teach the duck he retained ALL RIGHTS to that routine.

If you don't believe me, ask Mr. Spill himself. He's a member here. Mr. Meller's ripped him off.

Best,

Dan-

Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
In the 1980's, I worked for a number of years with Steve Spill (as well as Bob Sheets and others) at the Brook Farm Inn of Magic in Maryland, and I personally witnessed Steve develop and fine tune the goose routine to the incredible performance piece it is today. It is Steve's effect and is not in the public domain.

I bought Steve's video when it first was released on VHS. It is not an instructional video and does not permit others to perform the effect.

Steve Spill is being ripped off, plain and simple. If someone did to me what's been done to Steve, that "magician"would have to visit an emergency room to have his duck surgically removed from his a**.
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1223 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
Quote:
On 2008-04-17 22:43, Larry Davidson wrote:

Steve Spill is being ripped off, plain and simple. If someone did to me what's been done to Steve, that "magician"would have to visit an emergency room to have his duck surgically removed from his a**.

Larry.....buddy.....I have missed you.

So I have ask....would that make the emergency room doctor a quack????
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Ha! Yup, the doctor would be a quack, and can you imagine the bill?

I'm PM you, mi amigo.
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
LOL! Okay THAT was funny!

Best,

Dan-

Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Smile
L Trunk
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
207 Posts

Profile of L Trunk
Quote:
On 2008-04-17 18:33, Danny Hustle wrote:
Here is a video of Mr. Spill performing the routine on TV about 20 years ago!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=junV6itsSf4

Just watched this. Hilarious. Great routine: easy, no "weird" props, etc., but funny as hell.
Ireland
View Profile
Loyal user
Regina, Sask. Canada
217 Posts

Profile of Ireland
I think Bob Kohler is working on releasing Steve's duck routine.
Ireland
View Profile
Loyal user
Regina, Sask. Canada
217 Posts

Profile of Ireland
Sorry Danny.... I guess you just said that a few posts above...ah well, at least I get another post to my credit...er, two now.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Interestingly, the version of that DVD "undiscovered wonder" does not have that routine. It has 2 others instead.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
CinChiller
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
404 Posts

Profile of CinChiller
Quote:
On 2008-04-19 22:20, Ireland wrote:
I think Bob Kohler is working on releasing Steve's duck routine.

I asked steve spill for that and he negate that rumor.

Anyway, back to the basic question: A german magic dealer (boretti) offers a duck, but it´s not the same and it´s not practical, because it is too small and too flabby - not recommendable.
The Gaff Book Collection - the right tool for your booktest.
Music for mentalism and psychic entertainment.
Visit: http://stores.lulu.com/dankworth01
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Mel mellers duck (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL