The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Bryn Reynold's The Safwan Papers (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17 [Next]
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Oh, so you guys are singing Sinatra at Mindvention? Awesome. Let's spread the word.
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Thanks for the great words, guys. I'm so fortunate that SAFWAN is still generating interest and gaining new audiences!

Bryn
Bryn D. Reynolds, Author of:
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls" Mentalism ebooks - PM any interest.
My artwork: https://darkmountainarts.com
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Café Members:

I have changed my signature to reflect a new lower price on The Logar Scrolls, and to keep it consistent with my other eBook, The Safwan Papers.

Both are $30 each. The combo deal for purchasing both at the same time is $50.

They can be purchased through Outlaw Effects, or directly from me:

Both my email and PayPal is: cavscout19@hotmail.com

Again, thank you for all the great comments and reviews on these two mentalism eBooks!

Bryn
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Well worth EVERY penny!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Posted a double.
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Very much enjoyed Safwan, Bryn...!
www.reddevilmentalism.com
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Glad ya like, gentlemen..... Thanks!

Bryn
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2014, RedDevil wrote:
Picked this up on a few your recommendations. Very much enjoyed this, and I especially enjoyed BOHT and Koran Caps (they remind me of a certain favorite routine of mine by Rick Maue). I will definitely use them. If I get one or two ideas from a book that springboards me to other ideas, I usually consider it a win, so I am a happy camper.

And springboard he did....RedDevil just sent me a multi-phased routine ( that I'm sure we will be hearing more about) in which the first phase uses HIS take on BOHT...nice! I love when something I've created is an inspiration for other to take it and run.....

Bryn
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Bryn, yep, still a happy camper...I am assuming this means you are cool with my variation of your very nice BOHT??? Smile
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Just reread The Safwan Papers. Unlike a lot of material, I like it just as much now as when I first read it.

Excellent work.
mirko
View Profile
New user
Berlin in Germany
5 Posts

Profile of mirko
Unfortunately for me, I haven't discovered Bryn Reynolds Safwan Papers until now (would have saved me a bit of money I spend on index wallets, if you consider his $4 Billet Index, which is a wonderful idea to turn your everyday wallet into a great index tool).
I agree with most of the statements, but I would like to add a comment on the effect SEVEN: I am looking for a solution for the "Name any Card" plot for quite some time and Bryn Reynolds approach is really refreshing and absolutely worth your serious consideration. A very well thought out procedure and a seemingly free choice process leads to a surprising finish - wonderful thinking!
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
RedDevil, I'm very cool with it, and glad you found "BOHT" valuable enough to work with.
And Mirko, the $4Index is something I've kept in my wallet for years (and I've deconstructed a few over the years for a fix at a vending machine!) SEVEN really is one of pets, and I appreciate the nice comments it has gotten over the years....glad you enjoy, and thank you!

Bob: I have a message for you, so please email me (in my sig) when you have time.
I appreciate the kind words about Safwan, and coming from you they certainly mean a lot to me....thanks!

Bryn
zbmagic
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of zbmagic
Big Bang for the buck!! I've read a lot of expensive mentalism ebooks. This book is not expensive, and it is one of the best! All workable material that you can use now. There is nothing I can say that would outshine the glowing recommendations from the leaders I. The field who have already reviewed it. I am a regular working Joe, though, and it is accessable to the likes of me. If you are reading this, buy it NOW!
sjrw
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of sjrw
I look forward to hearing more about RedDevils take on BOHT
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
If you know BOHT, you know it is a "one-time-can't-be-wrong" which hand ruse, subterfuge, etc. (The backstory I tell from Desert Storm is 100% what got me into this whole "there must be something more than magic" and onto & into mentalism...) RedDevil asked me and I told him to run with it: he builds a routine on it.

Quote:
On Jan 2, 2015, zbmagic wrote:
I am a regular working Joe, though, and it is accessable to the likes of me.

ZB: That compliment says a lot to me and is greatly appreciated....thank you.

Bryn
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On Jan 3, 2015, sjrw wrote:
I look forward to hearing more about RedDevils take on BOHT

Yeah, RD...how is this coming along? From the nice contributions he has offered here, his stuff should certainly have promise!

Bryn
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Just figured out that this was for me...Smile

Here's the deal. I came up with an evolution of BOHT as a methodology for a routine that didn't work very well when I tried it out. The BOHT part of it worked wonderfully, but the routine itself was not good, and I trashed it. Bryn, I would like to contribute this idea to you for your use if you ever do another manuscript. My title for it is: "She BOHT it..." Smile

By the way, I am very proud of this idea, and I think it would have a lot of uses. I am very glad I purchased Safwan and discovered this little gem...Would be honored if Bryn used this take on it...Bryn, if you would like me to write it up, I can send a more thorough explanation of it, but you got the jist...
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
RD, I got the jist, and love it. Thanks for the contribution, and for thinking enough of BOHT to make it YOUR own. I'm very fortunate that many of the effects in Safwan were well-received, but I didn't think BOHT would be as well as it was. Honestly, I wove the effect around the wartime story to just tell how and why I got into mentalism in the first place, but many folks like yourself, Pat Redford, Jerome Finley, etc. thought enough of it to put variations into their own releases.

Again, thank you!

Bryn
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Late to the party as always I just bought a download of The Safwan Papers. It was recommended to me for "Seven" to use with a miniature spirit slate. It's worth the money for "Seven" alone but I've been blown away by everything else on there. It's my first foray as an ageing amateur into the mentalism side of magic and I would recommend it to anyone who hasn't yet got a copy.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Bryn Reynold's The Safwan Papers (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL