The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Best DVD or Video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicgraham
View Profile
Regular user
Mesa Arizona
138 Posts

Profile of magicgraham
Hey all!

What’s the best DVD or VHS on the market today that has the real work on the birthday party business for both the routines that work best, best marketing ideas and the best on the important back room and add on sale opportunities?

Have a great day!
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
What you ask should require multiple DVDs and can span several books.
Dennis Michael
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Kiddin Around by Chriss Capehart,The Magic Ingridient and Kidology by Samuel P.Smith!
Thanks,
Hansel!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

For Instance, Both Hansel's Suggestions are correct, but only a few of the best.
Dennis Michael
andolini
View Profile
New user
norwood,ma
74 Posts

Profile of andolini
Terry Herbet Childrens magic the Herbet way.
Ryan Price
View Profile
Special user
winnipeg, MB, Canada
641 Posts

Profile of Ryan Price
Every DVD on performing for kids. I like many others have a huge collection of DVDs, tapes, and books on this subject. I learn a little from everyone of them plus a little more every time I watch or read them. My best advice would be to start with buying things from guys you have actually heard of. There is probably a reason you have heard about them so that’s a good foundation. Then move on to material from individuals that are lesser known.
One of my favourites, probably because it was one of my first that went into marketing is Ken Scott’s DVD
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
I think Ken Scott's "Making the Birthday Dough" would be a good starting place.

http://www.kenscottproducts.com/

But don't stop at just one DVD / product! Consider materials by Eric Paul, John Carlson, and others.

- Donald

P.S. I don't know of BOR at birthdays, but add-on sales are a possibility. Brad Ross and Tim David have products out, in regards to Goodie Bag sales for birthday parties. (I don't sell goodie bags, but I do sell other items.)
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
James Munton
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, TX
1199 Posts

Profile of James Munton
You can't do BOR at birthday parties.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
James -

On another thread, at one time, there was this anonymous poster who insisted that he did BOR at birthdays all of the time. He would bring goodie bags, and other stuff in his vehicle, and sell it to the mom at the party out of his trunk.

Sounded a little absurd to me.

He didn't offer it to them in advance, as an add-on sale, but offered it to them at the show, as an impulse buy.

- Donald
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
When I was a teenager, just starting out in shows, a fellow teenage magician friend posted his name and phone number on his table front, using those old fashioned house-address letters and numbers that go in a diagonal. He bought them at a hardware shop.

Years later, we laughed at his tacky promotion in a client's home, but setting up a van with goods at a client's house take "tackiness" to whole new level.

Ron

My favorite DVD is the Terry Herbert one.
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
Here's the link to a past "list" which gives you a wide assortment of children's entertainment dvd's/videos. They're not all focused on birthdays, but most of the materials, marketing, etc, are easily adaptable and usable in the birthday market:

Kid's Show DVD List

Brian
lou2
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of lou2
Terry Herbet Childrens magic the Herbet way.
Without doubt!
Lou
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Brian, I was looking for that list, Thanks
Dennis Michael
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
When I read this thread, I had a "Donald moment" come over me! Smile

Brian
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Ha ha! Smile

- Donald
magicgraham
View Profile
Regular user
Mesa Arizona
138 Posts

Profile of magicgraham
Thanks for all the advice I have many many dvds and VHS on the subject and always like to keep up with the latest. There areso many things on the market each day you cannot get them all

I agree never BOR at a birthday party! it was more a thought of waht add ons you can sell to the parent before the event
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Best DVD or Video (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL