The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Frisked by a drunk (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Has this ever happened to you:

I was trying to leave the party and a 60 something, drunk, lady had her hands in my jacket pockets and was starting to frisk me. If not for the host physically taking her fingers away from my belt, I wouldn't have gotten away.
ScottJ
View Profile
Regular user
Hertfordshire, England.
143 Posts

Profile of ScottJ
I've had this happen a few times. Except they weren't drunk. Some people assume that since you're the magician your pockets are fair game. I don't get the logic.
daviaac
View Profile
Veteran user
351 Posts

Profile of daviaac
Thanks for the headup guys I havent had this happen so far but will be carrying a nice mouse trap in my pockets from now on. these people have no respect for your pockets they need to be tought (hard way)

luke
- the secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
60+ year old ladies often seem prone to such behavior, but yes, more than once I have had people presume they could examine my pockets and person at their pleasure when performing. Something about being a magician seems to give others a license to ignore normal social graces.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
daviaac
View Profile
Veteran user
351 Posts

Profile of daviaac
It would be interesting to find out if there any tricks of the trade for these kind of situations any body know of anything

luke
daviaac
View Profile
Veteran user
351 Posts

Profile of daviaac
It would be interesting to find out if there any tricks of the trade for these kind of situations any body know of anything

luke
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2008-04-06 12:44, jay leslie wrote:

I was trying to leave the party and a 60 something, drunk, lady had her hands in my jacket pockets and was starting to frisk me. If not for the host physically taking her fingers away from my belt, I wouldn't have gotten away.

Can't say I have had a woman actually stick their hands in my pockets, but I would remain open to the idea...

(I'm so lonely!)
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
doulos
View Profile
New user
Fort Worth, TX
61 Posts

Profile of doulos
Quote:
On 2008-04-12 19:54, daviaac wrote:

luke

Luke,

Yea.. ususally about $1.25 at Wal-mart.... it is called a mousetrap Smile

-Shoop
erlandish
View Profile
Inner circle
Vancouver, Canada
1254 Posts

Profile of erlandish
Quote:
On 2008-04-06 12:44, jay leslie wrote:

Don't complain. Some of us have to pay for the privilege, you know.
The Jester Extraordinaire : bderland.com
Ye Olde Magick Blogge : erlandish.blogspot.com
michaelmagicart
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of michaelmagicart
"I had one situation while doing a private party in Manalapan, Fl. It was the Grandfathers 83rd birthday. I was forewarned by the butler to watch out for his wife as she was a lush. All aside I started the performance, when suddenly the wife began repeating "what's this S**T". Seeing how embarrassed the family was I stopped, reached into my briefcase, pulled out a deck of cards, and ditched the Ace of Spades into the case. Approaching the "lady" I asked her to help me with a trick. She looked a little "dumbfounded" as I handed her the deck and asked her to find the "big black Ace of Spades" for me. She took the deck and for the next 45 minutes and sat on the couch looking through the cards and never saying another word. The show went off without a hitch. As I was getting ready to leave the Grandfather came over, shook my hand, leaving a $100.00 tip in my palm, and said "I have never seen anyone handle her like that before. You saved me from a very embarrasing situation in front of my Grandchildren tonight" I can't guarantee this will work with all drunks, but it is something to store in the old memory bank.
MagicAndy
View Profile
New user
Sussex
18 Posts

Profile of MagicAndy
Michael, what a great idea and one I've actually used myself, although I usually do a convincer to make them believe it's really in there, show it, shuffle, one handed top palm before handing it over, kinda thing. works wonders Smile
All Life is an Illusion, only when you realise that can you appreciate what is truly real.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2008-04-12 19:53, daviaac wrote:

luke

shocking lighter in the pocket?
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
761 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
I actually had an older lady try to pull my shirt off at a bar. It was a simple scotch and soda routine and she wanted to know where the other coin was. The next thing I knew, my shirt was over my head. She kept saying, "it has to be in your pocket". Then I informed her that I didn't have any pockets in my shirt. We laughed all night over that one!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Frisked by a drunk (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL