The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Wanna know something about holder (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

szych123
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of szych123
I wanna make something to hold gimmicks under the close-up table, but I cannot find some good method to do that.
Advise Wanted!! And I hope to find some information about it.
Thanks for the help~
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
Need more information. Like, what kind of table are you using for close-up and what type of gimmicks do you want to hold?
szych123
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of szych123
The table I use for close-up is such like secretaire. And the gimmicks are things not very big, smaller than the card box.

Edward
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1062 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
How about a little dab of "blue tack". Works great to secure a coin underneath a table! There's a fine coin through table effect in the Destroyer's book by Troy Hooser that uses blue tack...and a few other clever uses for it!
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
Eddie Torres
View Profile
Special user
New York City
692 Posts

Profile of Eddie Torres
A servante will hold small objects, and can be used to ditch them too.

Eddie
Eddie Ivan Torres
szych123
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of szych123
Quote:
On 2008-04-09 20:48, Mediocre the Great wrote:
How about a little dab of "blue tack". Works great to secure a coin underneath a table! There's a fine coin through table effect in the Destroyer's book by Troy Hooser that uses blue tack...and a few other clever uses for it!

Sounds great, but I want to steal something held in the table and then do a switch.

Edward
szych123
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of szych123
Quote:
On 2008-04-10 02:13, MajikAbra wrote:
A servante will hold small objects, and can be used to ditch them too.

Eddie

Haha! Fantasy! But I think something stuck on the table costs less and can do such things~

Edward
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Edward, a Servante' is something stuck on the table! Or at least it is an unknown/hidden from the audience thing hanging from the back of the table.

I can't get a mental picture of what you want. Does your "table" sit on top of the table you are working at (a la' close-up pad)? Then, it is a simple matter to simply add a Servante' to its back and let it drape down. You can make pockets that hold the items you want to switch in and out.

There have been many products made over the years using this idea. One product in production today using this idea is the Presto Pad. You can see it at:

http://www.magicproshop.com/presto-pad-c......030.html

Or you could lift your table/work surface on small legs (maybe 1/2 inch or less) and build hold-outs under it, but oriented toward and even with the back edge. Your thumb would do the dirty work in either case.

Honestly, it is difficult to help you not knowing what you really want to do. What are the different dimensions of the objects to be held-out? How many different objects and what size do you need to be held-out?

Modifying a table top is perhaps the easiest thing to do. I’d say it is easier than splitting a card. Scissors, duct tape, and cardboard are about all you need. Turn your table top upside down and lay out your gimmicks and props. Now, make cardboard holders to fit them. Tape it in place and paint flat black (not really necessary).
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
szych123
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of szych123
Harry:
First, thanks for your suggestions!
I see I have found some good methods to hold my gimmicks. They are some things like a lighter, card box, pen and such things like these. Now I'll go to find some cardboard to do my work!
:smiles:
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Wanna know something about holder (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL