The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Devils Bible? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14018 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
In my recent internet searches, I came across something I had not heard before. namely this:

CARDS - THE DEVIL'S BIBLE

Playing cards, like reading your horoscope, has become a joke or just a game. However, the Lord does not look at it as a joke or game. There are serious consequences for reading your horoscope as well as using cards or just having them in your home. It has been said that nicknames for a deck of cards is "The Devil's Bible" and "The Devil's Picture Book". At one time the church took a strong stand against the card game. Until recently preachers and churches warned about the dangers of cards. The first deck of cards was made in 1392 for the insane French King Charles.

Some of the most common places you will find a deck of cards (besides our homes) will be with prostitutes, gamblers, thieves, murderers, in taverns, brothels, prisons, insane asylums, gambling dens, etc., but never at a prayer meeting.

The king represents Satan, Prince of Darkness, usurper and foe of our Lord Jesus Christ. The ten card is for the Spirit of lawlessness, in opposition to the moral law in the Word of God. In 1300, clubs were the chief weapons used by murderers, therefore this suit represents the Spirit of Murder and death by violence. The jack represents the lustful libertine, from pimp to adulterer and ***monger, a moral leper whose chief ambition is to gratify sensual fleshly lusts. The queen represents Mary, Mother of Jesus, but in the card language she is called Mother of Harlots. The joker represents Jesus Christ, the Son of God. Joker means fool and therefore Jesus is held up to ridicule. The joker is said to be the offspring of licentious jack and the queen, Mother of Harlots.

All other cards also have hidden obscene and blasphemous meanings. Nine-tenths of all gambling today is done with these cards. Witches, psychics, and satan worshiper use playing cards for divination and to cast spells and curses. Born-again believers should not want to be in contact with such a tool of satan. In Deuteronomy 7:26 we are told not to have abominable things in our homes. It will bring a curse on you and your household. It is time that Christians clean house and destroy the hidden works of darkness.

I John 2:15-17 "Do not love or cherish the world or the things that are in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in him. 16) For all that is in the world - the lust of the flesh [craving for sensual gratification] and the lust of the eyes [greedy longings of the mind] and the pride of life [assurance in one's own resources or in the stability of earthly things] - these do not come from the Father but are from the world [itself]. 17) And the world passes away and disappears, and with it the forbidden cravings (the passionate desires, the lust) of it; but he who does the will of God and carries out His purposes in his life abides (remains) forever."

Romans 12:1,2 "I appeal to you therefore, brethren, and beg of you in view of [all] the mercies of God, to make a decisive dedication of your bodies [presenting all your members and faculties] as a living sacrifice, holy (devoted, consecrated) and well pleasing to God, which is your reasonable (rational, intelligent) service and spiritual worship. 2) Do not be conformed to this world (this age), [fashioned after and adapted to its external, superficial customs], but be transformed (changed) by the [entire] renewal of your mind [by its new ideals and its new attitude], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God, even the thing which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His sight for you]."

II Corinthians 6:17,18 "So, come out from among [unbelievers], and separate (sever) yourselves from them, says the Lord, and touch not [any] unclean thing; then I will receive you kindly and treat you with favor, [Isaiah 52:11] 18) And I will be a Father to you, and you shall be My sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty. [Isaiah 43:6; Hosea 1:10]."

I Timothy 6:12 "Fight the good fight of faith; lay hold of the eternal life to which you were summoned and [for which] you confessed the good confession [of faith] before many witnesses."

Confess, repent and break all curses off of you and your bloodline and cast out the demons.

DEMONS TO CAST OUT IN THE NAME OF JESUS:

Prince of Darkness, lawlessness, murder, prostitution, harlotry, sexual perverseness, insanity, stealing (break the curse of the thief), fool, adultery, death by violence, moral leper, mockery, ***monger, witchcraft, divination, mother of harlots, blasphemy, cursing, deception, delusion, etc (End of Article)



Are these people right? Is it basically impossible to be blessed if we have playing cards in our home?

I have been going through my house doing a spiritual house cleaning. I have gotten rid of things displeasing to God...but do you think I am going to have to burn hundreds of effects that I have purchased, practiced an mastered over the past twenty or thirty years because they are "the Devil's Bible"?

Has anyone here had any experience in this area?

If it's God's voice, I will do it, but I am not going to do something I will be sorry for later. (That is, destroying a large section of my magic.)

I would truly appreciate the voice of Christian experience in this one!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Was this God's voice or something you read? Smile Did you know that if we take a cross and turn it upside down it is considered a satanic symbal, even though Peter is reported to have been crucified this way?
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7377 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
DaffyDoug -

Here's a post by Payne, that you might find interesting. (Payne, please document your source.)

There are a few recent threads where we discussed playing cards.

Here's a thought. The issue with owning magic tricks might not be that tricks / decks of cards are evil, but whether you let a hobby / collection become your god, consuming too much of your focus. The hobby can also create problems with debt, just like other hobbies, if out of control.

- Donald

P.S. Be careful when you find "information" on the internet. Some of it is based on opinion and fear.
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Rickfcm
View Profile
Veteran user
lower Michigan
376 Posts

Profile of Rickfcm
Does this mean I have to turn my cribbage board into a toothpick holder?
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14018 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Thank-you for the links. It's good to read that their are different views on the subject. I want to please the Lord with all my heart, but I don't want to go off the deep end like a fanatic without it being God's voice.

But then, Abraham might have been considered fanatical when he sacrificed Issac. But he was POSITIVE he had heard God's voice. And he turned out to be correct.
My problem is that so many time sin my past I thought I had heard God's voice, but in the end it turned out to be my own imaginations.

I don't want that to be the case if I sacrifice what I have worked my lifetime to build. I happen to love card tricks.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
Gee...I have food in my home, I bet gamblers, prostitutes, thieves, prisoners and...oh my even pastors have food...and there's music...we must not sing in church because of heavy metal, rock & roll and heaven's no...country music. It's the devils music...

Guess what, even the devil has used the Bible. He twists and turns scriptures, he tried to with Jesus...he still does with men today...but I'm not giving up my bible...and there's probably one in the prison, one in the hotel room of the prostitute, possibly one in the house of the thief and gambler.

I highly recommend that you read the soldier's card story
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2008-04-07 20:30, Donald Dunphy wrote:
DaffyDoug -

Here's a post by Payne, that you might find interesting. (Payne, please document your source.)



The main source of my information comes from The Game of Tarot by Micheal Dummett. Sadly it is long out of print but you can obtain a copy here as well as read some reader comments on the text.

http://www.amazon.com/Game-Tarot-Michael......15610147

While it should always be taken with a grain of salt Wikipedia has a good article on the Tarot here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarot and another on planing cards in general http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playing_card

The post that started this post is just foolishness and full of misinformation. People see evil in what they wish. There is a divination technique called Bibliomancy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bibliomancy where books, often holy ones like your Bible are used to divine the future. Should all bibles then be burned?

Playing cards are just printed pieces of paper and have no powers (good or evil) at all
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
Yeah but what about Country Music Payne...lol
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2439 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
At one time, SOME churches (never specific'ly anything called "THE Church") too stands against playing cards. Some still do.

A deck of cards has also been called, via a centuries-old story, the Poor Man's Bible and the Soldier's Bible. In the 1940s a song was written, then recorded in the 1950s (if I remember correctly) which explained via story how a soldier used the cards to remind him of the Savior, the Atonement, etc.

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2008-04-08 11:25, Terry Owens wrote:
Yeah but what about Country Music Payne...lol


Country Music is undeniably the work of the devil! It causes people to have heads as pointy as their boots
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1296 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Isn't it interesting to note that all of the above mentioned places/people that you would find a deck of "evil" playing cards are the same types where Jesus Himself went and received criticsm for.

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
So much for getting to perform at Country Music venues...lol
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2008-04-08 15:05, Terry Owens wrote:
So much for getting to perform at Country Music venues...lol


They wouldn't like my magic anyway as I use large words and complex sentence structure Smile

Odd as I was raised in a hicksville town surrounded by ranchers and farmers who listened to classic Grand Ol' Oprey on the radios of their beater trucks. My dad watched Hee Haw religiously and belonged to the Olde Time fiddlers. You think being surrounded by the stuff I'd have developed a liking for it.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2409 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Daffydoug - the lengthy bit of (IMO) nonsense you quoted is neither more nor less true than the recent thread (right here in "Good News") about "Soldier's Playing Cards."

You want counsel? You can perhaps get it here - probably better to bring this issue to your own pastor.

You want rules? There aren't any. That bothers some people terribly, but there still aren't any. What's the alternative? Live out the truth of that "personal relationship with God" we talk about so often. Use the intelligence and maturity God gave you, think for yourself, pray about it. And while you do, listen for God's voice and try to ignore outside influences like the wild suppositions quoted in that "Devil's Bible" page.

Calm down.

Any demagogue, or anyone with too much time and too little to do, can write long, convincing and scary arguments to support any wild position. And can do harm despite having the best of motives. Like "demonbuster.com", which is where this scare seems to have originated.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14018 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Man, I wasn't trying to start a conflagration of Sorts...I was simply trying to get help and perhaps reach some semblance of truth.

And as for a pastor, as I mentioned elsewhere, I no longer have one as he hates "magic."

Posted: Apr 8, 2008 6:30pm
Quote:


On 2008-04-08 11:21, Payne wrote:
Quote:


On 2008-04-07 20:30, Donald Dunphy wrote:
DaffyDoug -

Here's a post by Payne, that you might find interesting. (Payne, please document your source.)



The main source of my information comes from The Game of Tarot by Micheal Dummett. Sadly it is long out of print but you can obtain a copy here as well as read some reader comments on the text.

http://www.amazon.com/Game-Tarot-Michael......15610147

While it should always be taken with a grain of salt Wikipedia has a good article on the Tarot here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarot and another on planing cards in general http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playing_card

The post that started this post is just foolishness and full of misinformation. People see evil in what they wish. There is a divination technique called Bibliomancy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bibliomancy where books, often holy ones like your Bible are used to divine the future. Should all bibles then be burned?

Playing cards are just printed pieces of paper and have no powers (good or evil) at all


Why is it foolishness to seek help?

Posted: Apr 8, 2008 6:32pm
Quote:


On 2008-04-08 11:21, Payne wrote:
Quote:


On 2008-04-07 20:30, Donald Dunphy wrote:
DaffyDoug -

Here's a post by Payne, that you might find interesting. (Payne, please document your source.)



The main source of my information comes from The Game of Tarot by Micheal Dummett. Sadly it is long out of print but you can obtain a copy here as well as read some reader comments on the text.

http://www.amazon.com/Game-Tarot-Michael......15610147

While it should always be taken with a grain of salt Wikipedia has a good article on the Tarot here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarot and another on planing cards in general http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playing_card

The post that started this post is just foolishness and full of misinformation. People see evil in what they wish. There is a divination technique called Bibliomancy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bibliomancy where books, often holy ones like your Bible are used to divine the future. Should all bibles then be burned?

Playing cards are just printed pieces of paper and have no powers (good or evil) at all


Why is it foolishnes to seek help? Isn't that what the Café is for?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2008-04-08 18:32, daffydoug wrote:

Why is it foolishnes to seek help? Isn't that what the Café is for?



I wasn't speaking of the poster but of the content of contained in the post. The diatribe of the person railing against the supposed evils of playing cards was the one who was foolish. Not the person asking about it. Sorry for the confusion
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Oooops, I had to edit my post. Payne beat me to it. Smile
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2409 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Quote:
On 2008-04-08 18:30, daffydoug wrote:
Man, I wasn't trying to start a conflagration of Sorts...I was simply trying to get help and perhaps reach some semblance of truth.

This wouldn't be a conflagration if (1) your post didn't sound like a person in genuine conflict, and in pain, and (2) if that long rant about the evils of cards weren't so hysterical.

Just look at the rest of the website it came from: observing Easter is evil, everything in your house is evil (dolls, owls, frogs, hearts, paisley-print fabrics, they're all idols and they're gonna lure demons to your home), buy fringe nutritional supplements (and while you're at it, buy our house ... no, really, it's burierd in there), and I'm not even halfweay down the list - COME ON, isn't there a leeeetle voice in you (maybe that "still small voice") that says "this whole site is full of ridiculous ideas"?
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
DaffyDoug...Since I'm a Senior Pastor, I will give a pastor's point of view...I like to play card games, nothing is wrong with it. A matter of fact, simple card games can bring families together, it can be a great source of good fellowship with other people, it causes us to interact with each other and even builds team work...

I don't particularly like card tricks, not because they're bad... but if you entertain someone, bring laughter in their life, you've done a good thing.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14018 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2008-04-08 22:25, rossmacrae wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-04-08 18:30, daffydoug wrote:
Man, I wasn't trying to start a conflagration of Sorts...I was simply trying to get help and perhaps reach some semblance of truth.

This wouldn't be a conflagration if (1) your post didn't sound like a person in genuine conflict, and in pain, and (2) if that long rant about the evils of cards weren't so hysterical.

Just look at the rest of the website it came from: observing Easter is evil, everything in your house is evil (dolls, owls, frogs, hearts, paisley-print fabrics, they're all idols and they're gonna lure demons to your home), buy fringe nutritional supplements (and while you're at it, buy our house ... no, really, it's burierd in there), and I'm not even halfweay down the list - COME ON, isn't there a leeeetle voice in you (maybe that "still small voice") that says "this whole site is full of ridiculous ideas"?


Yes there was that voice...but the playing cards, being gambling tools as they are, seemed "plausible"
In the end, it comes down to that I'm trying to learn what pleases (and doesn't please) a Holy God. Can't fault me on that.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Devils Bible? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.3 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL